+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominion destined to win most Conquests?

Shadowlander

Default Dominion destined to win most Conquests?

From my experience, it is because of two things.

1.The rugged southeastern terrain and how few extractors there are there.
    2.Oathsworn can't reliably get to Caer Mathos early game. Mainly due to the insane ZR choke point.

Basically, since the southeast is a wasteland, all of Dominion zergs to Caer Mathos. Since there is such little incentive to capture the southeast early in the game, Oathsworn heads north, and Nightfall fights a two front war from beginning to end, dooming them from the start.

The only way I see that Nightfall will ever have a chance is if population is reduced and strategy is introduced, or Oathsworn completely ignores Nightfall and goes south at the start of the match, giving them some chance of getting to Caer Mathos first.

Dominion and Oathsworn seem to have the best chances of winning since their front (in the southeastern "wasteland") is mostly small groups of people and not a massive zerg, but Dominion's access to Caer Mathos gives them that extra edge, that will more often than not, give them the win.
    Kiiro - who cares about my progression.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kero57 View Post
    From my experience, it is because of two things.

1.The rugged southeastern terrain and how few extractors there are there.
    2.Oathsworn can't reliably get to Caer Mathos early game. Mainly due to the insane ZR choke point.

Basically, since the southeast is a wasteland, all of Dominion zergs to Caer Mathos. Since there is such little incentive to capture the southeast early in the game, Oathsworn heads north, and Nightfall fights a two front war from beginning to end, dooming them from the start.

The only way I see that Nightfall will ever have a chance is if population is reduced and strategy is introduced, or Oathsworn completely ignores Nightfall and goes south at the start of the match, giving them some chance of getting to Caer Mathos first.

Dominion and Oathsworn seem to have the best chances of winning since their front (in the southeastern "wasteland") is mostly small groups of people and not a massive zerg, but Dominion's access to Caer Mathos gives them that extra edge, that will more often than not, give them the win.
    On the PTS I don't think nightfall ever lost a game . . . No one seemed to ever want to even bother playing oathsworn, and Dominion never really had a chance against the Nightfall zerg cause too many players picked night fall. I was really really surprised on live to see dominion win one and oathsworn win one TBH.

Shadowlander

I think it's probably because all of the teams are full on live where as on the PTS population was small enough that teams like Fallen Sons made a difference.

If population of Conquest decreases (which it likely will in the near future) then we might have more dynamic results
    Last edited by kero57; 06-27-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    Kiiro - who cares about my progression.

I think the Oathsworn/Nightfall meatgrinder is too enticing for some players, who get wrapped up in it, and Dominion more or less gets the entire W/SW end unmolested. As players get familiar with the strategy and play around it instead of chasing the meatgrinder, this should be less problematic.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Dominionation.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

I've lost to Dominion in all the games i've played. Don't they have to deal with the zombies roaming caer mathos? Not like they're difficult to deal with but it could be as problematic as annoying terrain. I think another problem is people still have no idea what the hell to do in Conquest. Most of the time I just follow people around and attack any red players but what else is there to do.

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    I've lost to Dominion in all the games i've played. Don't they have to deal with the zombies roaming caer mathos? Not like they're difficult to deal with but it could be as problematic as annoying terrain. I think another problem is people still have no idea what the hell to do in Conquest. Most of the time I just follow people around and attack any red players but what else is there to do.
    I've seen Oath win a couple of times, but never Nightfall. On my server, the queue times for Dominion are insane if you get put in the queue, you are basically locked out of the entire match. That alone may have some people moving to Oath or NF.

Not to mention most players know the area that dom starts in. I for one didnt spend much time outside of zerging quests in the oathsworn/nighfall areas.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

+ Reply to Thread