+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Conquest Perk Question

Default Conquest Perk Question

in conquest perks, when you get the conquest pts to activate the perks, do you have to spend the pts to get the perks to affect you or when the perks become ungreyed do they automaticly affect you?

Rift Disciple

When I played test I had 40k conquest points alreaedy, I didn't have to purchase the skills they were automatic, and the buffs only worked in conquest not outside of it in real world.

I'm pretty confused on how they work, too. You don't have to buy them? They're just passive? And why make them only work in Conquest? Shouldn't they work everywhere?
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I'm pretty confused on how they work, too. You don't have to buy them? They're just passive? And why make them only work in Conquest? Shouldn't they work everywhere?
    Your signature. o.o

How did you buy all that when favor is capped at 150k?
    Last edited by Jetheth; 06-27-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Jetheth - P50 Rogue - Wolfsbane.

Zaros' Rogue PVP Guide. Read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetheth View Post
    Your signature. o.o

How did you buy all that when favor is capped at 150k?
    Buy one piece, sell back, repeat for infinite shard firsts

Haha. To be fair, it de-runed, de-dyed, and de-consumable'd all my gear. Worth it.
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

Haha. To be fair, it de-runed, de-dyed, and de-consumable'd all my gear. Worth it.
    Ha, nice, it took me a minute but I figured that's what happened.
    All I got is 2 new pieces of T2 and 3 new pieces of T2 on my cleric.

Jetheth - P50 Rogue - Wolfsbane.

Zaros' Rogue PVP Guide. Read it.

Rift Disciple

Yes they are just passive it seemed. My assumption was it was like levels, you get 10k points you get 1 skill or then you get 15k you get another skill and so on and so on. Yes I thought it was lame the skills only worked in conquest, it kind of kills the want to do the conquest if you don't get to use the buffs in real world. Only real reason you want to join conquest now besides the huge pvp is to use the pvp vendor and buy the new trinket and sigils and stuff. So yea I was kind of bummed on that. I don't know if they work in warfronts though, my assumption is that they wouldn't.
    Last edited by redrox; 06-27-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Ascendant

They work everywhere, they are passive. At least they are supposed to. Daglar will have to confirm. But the perks are supposed to persist outside of the battle. The Buffs however are only for in the conquest.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    They work everywhere, they are passive. At least they are supposed to. Daglar will have to confirm. But the perks are supposed to persist outside of the battle. The Buffs however are only for in the conquest.
    I'll confirm right now, and most everyone else can too. Look at the HP on a character the first time you join Conquest. Bing - 40k conquest points and a bump to your HP on the spot, still in Sanctum (or wherever). In the words of Powerman 5000, "it's automatic".
    Last edited by bitnine; 06-27-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Yes, that was my impression too, the perks should work anywhere, but the actual Conquest buffs of course only work while in Conquest (the damage/speed/hp boosts from the crafters + stones).
    Last edited by Adastra; 06-28-2012 at 05:07 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Conquest at a Glance
    •Engage in massive, cross-shard battles capturing the excitement of Open World PvP at its best!
    •Align with one of three factions, the biggest difference is their philosophy. (You will be able to change factions.)
    •Earn rewards and bonuses for your team – or supercharge yourself with bonuses that can be used outside of Conquest!
    •Everyone can contribute - crafters play a vital role in every Conquest battle.
    •This is a brand new feature, details and specifics will likely change based on your feedback and play tests. For the latest info keep an eye on the PTS Forums!

This is straight from the post found here. This is clearly a bug and the rewards (favor gain, hp-sp/ap-vengence, and movement speed clearly were to work in PVE content.
    Last edited by Crumdum; 06-28-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Crumdum;3851156
    This is straight from the post [URL="http://forums.riftgame.com/official-rift-news/news-announcements/317210-introducing-conquest-test-latest-rift-pvp-thursday-5-17-a.html"
    found here[/URL]. This is clearly a bug and the rewards (favor gain, hp-sp/ap-vengence, and movement speed clearly were to work in PVE content.
    Well, yes, the passive perks that you earn with Conquest points should work anywhere.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

The passive perks are NOT working in Conquest or PVE. I have the exact same amount of SP or AP I had PRIOR to 1.9 being implemented. I have the same AP/SP on two characters regardless of if I am in a Conquest instance or not.

THE PERK IS BUSTED!

I kept very close tabs on what my sp (on my mage) and AP (on my rogue) were prior to 1.9...they have not changed other then the minor increases I have gotten since then from planar attunement.
    11/11 HK 7/8 ID

Rift Chaser

After conquest last night, several of us did a warfront and we all got the favor buff. We got our extra 3% or 6%, I forget which it was.

(After the warfront, we compared our favor gains with other warfront members who had been in since the beginning with the same number of kills).

Rift Chaser

Lol, very clever. And I agree, well worth it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast