+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Conquest cooldown

Default Conquest cooldown

Just a suggestion....if Trion really want's people to have the feel of open world PvP a cool down between conquests of over 2 hours seems just a "tad"....well really WAY to long.

Also a daily quest for marks of Conquest vs. Weekly would be nice. The point of not having a faction grind and this was supposed to not have it feel like a grind. The low return on marks makes it just as grindy when you get down to it.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-27-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

That and the balancing between the 3 factions is TERRIBLE.

The very first conquest on my server was totally controlled by Dominion. It was ridiculous, at this rate everyone is gonna join that faction and it'll just be the same thing over and over.

Isn't there some sorta cap on how many people can join a certain faction? Or something?

Nope because if you aren't sitting there waiting for the Queue to count down Dominion will be full and you will be outnumbered. That is the problem with any PvP system that gives faction description. The most people will queue as the "bad guys" and everyone else suffers. I get it from a story standpoint but from a practical game play standpoint you need to eliminate any faction description and just color code it.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

The two-hour cooldown either needs to be drastically reduced or removed entirely.

The largest problem is that it sets PvP, and Rift as a whole, on a schedule. PvP rifts and warfronts are available for players at nearly all times - they either arrive at the rift location or queue up for a warfront. There is never a feeling of scheduling beyond what players may set for themselves. In fact, with the exception of major invasions - which are tied to player populations - nearly all of Rift can be enjoyed and played at any time of the day. Dungeons and raids may need to be reset, but you still are able to do them whenever you'd like within a particular time period.

I was able to play in about 10 minutes of the first Conquest match for my battlegroup. I had a lot of fun, and was really disappointed to see that a feature like that isn't consistently available. Perhaps limiting the downtime between matches to the period given to the winners, as well as a few minutes for them to clear out and get ready, would be a great improvement to the feature.

Rift grabs my attention and enjoyment because I can log in and immediately start doing the things I like. Changing this cooldown would allow Conquest to be another great option for all the other in-game activities.

Thank you Trion, and please let me know if there any factors we should be aware of in understanding the cooldown placement.

The cooldown is way too high.
    A 30 minute cooldown wold be better. If not fifteen minute cool down so you can just alternate between conquest and WF's

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Nope because if you aren't sitting there waiting for the Queue to count down Dominion will be full and you will be outnumbered. That is the problem with any PvP system that gives faction description. The most people will queue as the "bad guys" and everyone else suffers. I get it from a story standpoint but from a practical game play standpoint you need to eliminate any faction description and just color code it.
    I understand they want to give people a choice of the 3 but..............

It will never work.. EVER.

You pop a Q. You can pick your choice. But the Q only let's you in the choice if there is room and balance.

Which means 100 in X and 2 in another. Would not happen.

It fills them let's say in 10s. You can have 5 friends Q. The Q would then wait until it can fit your 5 in X side. Never spliting you. Or give you a message stating, "at this time we can't find room for a group on your size in X Conquest. Would you like to drop your group while not losing you place in the Q?" You can choose to wait or play it's your choice.

Having people pick will just make I think a good idea, Conquest, turn out just bad with so un even sides many may only Q a few times and see why do it when you have no chance what so ever.

Rift Disciple

love how they moved this thread into a forum that no one visits

Ascendant

mods starting to bug me, they shut down the threads in the PVP forum where they belong and moved this one to suggestion where it won't be seen. Trying to bury the issue.

But to just reiterate, Cooldown is bad. If they want to keep people doing warfronts then just introduce a conquest debuff that favor and prestige you get from Conquest for two hours after you have won a match (50% reduction or something). Enough that it will keep all but the most Conquest fanatical people doing both types of PVP.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-27-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

yeah, i agree with the Conq CD nedding to be lowered. 30mins is perfect, imo.

Soulwalker

I'm @ work and this 2 Hour CD sounds lame. GW2 WvWvW...Can't wait.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedence View Post
    yeah, i agree with the Conq CD nedding to be lowered. 30mins is perfect, imo.
    While I could live with 30 minutes (still to high IMO), I think a debuff to favor prestige and no cooldown is a better solution. Why actively prevent people from playing this major feature they clearly spent so much time developing?
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-27-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Chaser

Nice job by trion moving this to a forum that doesnt get read.

Rift Disciple

2 hours is way too long. Already made me log out from boredom.

Damaged@Seastone aka Decompose -- Malevolence -- Rogue -- P72

Soulwalker

Long cooldown... worst idea ever

dont exactly want to wait for the 2 hours I can play on a day to get in a conquest

Well Elrar was in our level chat and said it was tied to population and that it will be faster on say a Sunday Afternoon. Well the population today in my battle ground didn't seem bad at all. we have multiple raids even on Oathsworn (which seemed to be the smallest faction). If this was a "regular" Wed and not during breaks from school I don't even want to think about what the cool down would be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast