+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Introducing MythBusters!

Default Introducing MythBusters!

http://forums.riftgame.com/addon-api...ml#post3847911

A PvP damage and healing database that keeps a record of average ability damage/healing, total ability damage/healing, number of times that ability has been used, and the largest hits you have taken from each ability.

It's pretty ugly at the moment, but so far it's functional. Anything that you would like me to add feel free to let me know!

More info in the link!
    Last edited by Credo; 06-26-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    Even free cost too much now

Wow, that's pretty cool. I can see that being interesting, if not informative at least fun to look at.

Is there a way to modify it by spec, though? Things that hit me in MM/RS hit me for less than they would in Sab.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Wow, that's pretty cool. I can see that being interesting, if not informative at least fun to look at.

Is there a way to modify it by spec, though? Things that hit me in MM/RS hit me for less than they would in Sab.
    I'm going to try to do that, but it's difficult since you can't directly inspect what souls other players are using. I have to write code to look at their buffs and make a best guess at what spec they are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    I'm going to try to do that, but it's difficult since you can't directly inspect what souls other players are using. I have to write code to look at their buffs and make a best guess at what spec they are using.
    No no, I mean by what spec that you are in at the current moment. As in I could battle the same Warrior twice in two different specs--in Sab, his Bladefury might hit me for 2k, but in MM/RS, it might hit me for 1.5k.

Also, iirc there are addons currently that tell you what build someone is using, by inspecting what moves they use and what buffs they have. You might be able to use the same code from that--not really sure, I don't write addons
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    No no, I mean by what spec that you are in at the current moment. As in I could battle the same Warrior twice in two different specs--in Sab, his Bladefury might hit me for 2k, but in MM/RS, it might hit me for 1.5k.

Also, iirc there are addons currently that tell you what build someone is using, by inspecting what moves they use and what buffs they have. You might be able to use the same code from that--not really sure, I don't write addons
    I see, I should be able to add that in!

Rift Chaser

Very cool! Thanks, Credo. A great addition to the game.

Rift Disciple

A great idea. Is it possible to sort the data by specific warfronts and games? All data taken out of context gives false results. A rogue in an unmatched warfront could decide to wear pve gear if his team is steamrolling so his damage will be very high compared to the Mage who is fresh level 50 with no PA and in greens. A warrior with a relic hitting an undergeared level 50. Data is not just data. A rogue sab is going to look pretty overpowered with the addon because a ranged AOE class but that does not mean needs a nerf. A person could want a class nerfed so wear pve gear to make the damage look higher from one class and post results. Like I could decide to heal a warfront naked and que with another healer to keep me alive while that Mage fireballs me. I hate mages. Nerf!

In summary, this is a good tool to improve your playstyle and understand the game. If used on on the forums it will be just stupid.

Champion

Default So, I haven't tried it out yet, but will...

I'm wondering if you have the abililty to reset the data collection.

While this info is cool to see in an overall capacity, to me it's actually a lot more useful if I can break this all out by individual warfronts, or even PvP sessions.

I love the ability to have the overall data, but a 'start new session'/'save session'/'view current session' would be ideal.

<edit> Noticed the 'Reset All'... that will work if you don't impliment sessions
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 06-26-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    I'm wondering if you have the abililty to reset the data collection.

While this info is cool to see in an overall capacity, to me it's actually a lot more useful if I can break this all out by individual warfronts, or even PvP sessions.

I love the ability to have the overall data, but a 'start new session'/'save session'/'view current session' would be ideal.

<edit> Noticed the 'Reset All'... that will work if you don't impliment sessions
    I can try to get that in there as well!

Sounds like ACT with a lot more statistics worth reviewing in regards to PvP. /thumbs
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Mekenna View Post
    A great idea. Is it possible to sort the data by specific warfronts and games? All data taken out of context gives false results. A rogue in an unmatched warfront could decide to wear pve gear if his team is steamrolling so his damage will be very high compared to the Mage who is fresh level 50 with no PA and in greens. A warrior with a relic hitting an undergeared level 50. Data is not just data. A rogue sab is going to look pretty overpowered with the addon because a ranged AOE class but that does not mean needs a nerf. A person could want a class nerfed so wear pve gear to make the damage look higher from one class and post results. Like I could decide to heal a warfront naked and que with another healer to keep me alive while that Mage fireballs me. I hate mages. Nerf!

In summary, this is a good tool to improve your playstyle and understand the game. If used on on the forums it will be just stupid.
    True, though anyone can go into the text file and type in anything they want at the end of it all. I wish the API allowed for the inspection of other players' stats so I could record their valor as well
    I've put some thought into separating data by how much valor you currently have equipped, I just haven't figured out how to implement it without it becoming a mess. The only page the currently checks valor is the one that records the hardest you've been hit, this of course assumes that if you go into a warfront naked it will be reflected on that page.

Hmm, like someone said...I am no coder and not 100% sure how viable this would be. But it would be nice if you could somehow make it 'sum' damage reduction to an extent.

ie. a physical attack - armor, valor, talent % based damage reductions.
    Magical attack - resists, valor, talent % based damage reductions.

Typically damage reduction can come from 3 difference sources all rolled into one spec. Just statistic wise I am thinking you could do good things if you could get it to somehow total sum a players bottom line damage reduction for physical and magic (since even some talents specify only magic or only physical reductions). I think that was something some others or you were getting to though so sorry if I missed bringing it up already.

Again, no coding knowledge, but I even am now thinking of stuff like bard songs and such too. If you could work the magic and make it look to all the reduction sources and calculate the bottom line reduction I think it would help for consistent review.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Hmm, like someone said...I am no coder and not 100% sure how viable this would be. But it would be nice if you could somehow make it 'sum' damage reduction to an extent.

ie. a physical attack - armor, valor, talent % based damage reductions.
    Magical attack - resists, valor, talent % based damage reductions.

Typically damage reduction can come from 3 difference sources all rolled into one spec. Just statistic wise I am thinking you could do good things if you could get it to somehow total sum a players bottom line damage reduction for physical and magic (since even some talents specify only magic or only physical reductions). I think that was something some others or you were getting to though so sorry if I missed bringing it up already.

Again, no coding knowledge, but I even am now thinking of stuff like bard songs and such too. If you could work the magic and make it look to all the reduction sources and calculate the bottom line reduction I think it would help for consistent review.
    I was actually just looking at Event.Combat.Damage and wondering what damageIntercepted and damageModified might all entail. I'll take a look into it and see what I can do! It's so great having free time again, huzzah!

Prophet of Telara

Having errors on the PTS with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    Having errors on the PTS with it.
    I haven't tried it on the PTS, but with 1.9 tomorrow I probably should have
    What error exactly?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast