Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Discussion Pve Gear in PVP!====//====

Telaran

Default Discussion Pve Gear in PVP!====//====

hi few rules for this thread
    1. No flaming! and no trolling
    2. be polite and say ur opinions
    3. Dont go offtopic
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So with upcoming 1.9 patch things are still same there is no way to balance the pve /pvp gear

let me explain, for example i am pure pvp player and i like only pvp why do i need lake of advantage from pvers when they using ID weps or Hk relics... or pve trinkets
    why trion can not balance it that pvp weps scale with top pve weps?
    and dont tell me cuz this is pve game and no pvp game.
    when they going balance that ppl who use full pvp gear got advantage and not disadvantage?
    cuz from what i see this game going for pvp also with the 1.9 patch the pvp will become more famous then before.. so why not balance it ?

p.s soz for my english i hope the Grammernazis out there will stay away from this thread
    Last edited by Godest; 06-25-2012 at 11:57 PM.

I think 1.9 was a last-ditch bone thrown out to appease PVPers for a while, and when the xpac comes out, gear progression will be reworked entirely. I wouldn't expect to see changes happening before that, but I'm positive they're in the works.
    ~Quiescent

Prophet of Telara

I think when the x-pac hits there will be alot of changes.

Telaran

i hope the whole pvp gear will be reworked..
    cuz now it total unbalanced ppl run with ID bow and Daggers.... or relics

Telaran

I dont mind PvE gear in PvP.. Who is to say what one person does is right or wrong, Just casue someone plays both aspects of a game should not be penalized for it, As for myself, I dont do any kinda of PvE, other than world events... I just never liked the numbers game all raid's seem to bring. I think i have only done 1 raid in RIFT.. lol >_>

But anyways.. I dont think there will be 100% Balance... Biggest reason people bring PvE gear into a PvP seems to be.. The 4PC Bonus... There just a huge jump in Dmg compared to PvP crystals..

So maybe reduce the stats on the PvP Crystal a tad, and make some 4PC Bonus or event a Full set Bonus that gives a Skill Boost. like the raiding variants.

Lets say.. PvP Full Set Crystal gives same Bonus as a 4PC HK Gear. (Just an Example)

Lets compare..
    PvP / 4PC PvE Gear + Crystal Bonus.. Con's - Loss of Valor, Vengence, Stamina (In some cases) Little Higher AP / Crit.

PvP / Full Set + Crystal Bonus - Pro's Full Valor / Vengence, Ect.. Con's - Cant think of any of the top of my head... Lol

I think this alone would bring balance to PvE gear being brought into PvP.. Most people would take the Full Set Bonus over a 4PC HK Bonus.. The only defining feature then would be BiS Relic Weapons, But i dont want to fully 100% Pressure PvE's into a full PvP Set. They would have a slight advantage then.. But not by much. Seeing how PvP is a team effort.

This leaves PvE'rs happy.. and PvP'rs.. If they still continue to ***** about a single Relic Item.. Just face palm you're self and move on haha.

Also they could make a PvP Relic Set.. Which would be on Par with current raid gear... But PvP Style with all the goodies.
    Last edited by Lucchini; 06-26-2012 at 12:42 AM.

i have id and hk relics and hk relic weps
    i have pvp gear
    i wear my pvp gear in pvp
    always
    who took my names!

My only gripe are weapon and trinkets.

There is a new BiS healing staff coming out, and unless i join a guild again, i will more than likely not see it.
    And it procs heals.
    There are a plethora of trinkets that i shall never get (my guild broke apart after we were done with HK which i forwent gearing for since i was fully pvp geared and we had ill geared clerics in the guild who we drove through raid content so they can get some crap)
    And there will continue to be BiS special weaponry and trinkets that i will not have access to, because i find raiding boring, assuming i can fit raiding in due to my work schedule.

If those things are addressed, i sure as well would play a lot more (every time i look at my bank statement, i wonder why am i still paying for a game that i dont play much).
    Last edited by Eughe; 06-26-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    i have pvp gear
    i wear my pvp gear in pvp
    always
    i have pvp gear
    i always use my pve rings or weps or synergy crystals or trinkets or all of the above for pvp
    always
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-26-2012 at 12:46 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    i have pvp gear
    i always use my pve rings or weps or synergy crystals or trinkets or all of the above for pvp
    always
    i pvp on my warrior and pve on my mage

har

thats wht i used to do on my mage but theyre totally ****ed in pvp atm compared to how easy it is to faceroll on my warrior, and even my half cooked rogue does better

difference is i dont give a flying ****
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 06-26-2012 at 12:55 AM.
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    i pvp on my warrior and pve on my mage

har

thats wht i used to do on my mage but theyre totally ****ed in pvp atm compared to how easy it is to faceroll on my warrior, and even my half cooked rogue does better

difference is i dont give a flying ****
    Dude Warriors are hard to play. You have to time your burst and stuff.
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lucchini View Post
    I dont mind PvE gear in PvP.. Who is to say what one person does is right or wrong, Just casue someone plays both aspects of a game should not be penalized for it, As for myself, I dont do any kinda of PvE, other than world events... I just never liked the numbers game all raid's seem to bring. I think i have only done 1 raid in RIFT.. lol >_>

But anyways.. I dont think there will be 100% Balance... Biggest reason people bring PvE gear into a PvP seems to be.. The 4PC Bonus... There just a huge jump in Dmg compared to PvP crystals..

So maybe reduce the stats on the PvP Crystal a tad, and make some 4PC Bonus or event a Full set Bonus that gives a Skill Boost. like the raiding variants.

Lets say.. PvP Full Set Crystal gives same Bonus as a 4PC HK Gear. (Just an Example)

Lets compare..
    PvP / 4PC PvE Gear + Crystal Bonus.. Con's - Loss of Valor, Vengence, Stamina (In some cases) Little Higher AP / Crit.

PvP / Full Set + Crystal Bonus - Pro's Full Valor / Vengence, Ect.. Con's - Cant think of any of the top of my head... Lol

I think this alone would bring balance to PvE gear being brought into PvP.. Most people would take the Full Set Bonus over a 4PC HK Bonus.. The only defining feature then would be BiS Relic Weapons, But i dont want to fully 100% Pressure PvE's into a full PvP Set. They would have a slight advantage then.. But not by much. Seeing how PvP is a team effort.

This leaves PvE'rs happy.. and PvP'rs.. If they still continue to ***** about a single Relic Item.. Just face palm you're self and move on haha.

Also they could make a PvP Relic Set.. Which would be on Par with current raid gear... But PvP Style with all the goodies.

there should be No Advantage over pvp players in PVP!!!!!........
    ppl should not be pve Nerds in order to own pvp... it just make no sense

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Godest View Post
    there should be No Advantage over pvp players in PVP!!!!!........
    ppl should not be pve Nerds in order to own pvp... it just make no sense
    You dont have the right to deny them of using PvE gear tho.. No one does. It's a game, You can play it however you like. I offerd some suggestion's that would be more benafical for using PvP Gear over PvE.. I wont out right deny PvEr's the right to use the gear they worked hard to get aslo.. Just absurd. If they still wanna use PvE gear.. Thats there way.. There character... If you can't have fun playing.. That's you're problem. I have not seen 1 person using PvE gear that has just out right killed me. They op for more dmg over more dmg taken.. It's there choice..

Also if you cant over come a DPS increase... from 1-2 People.. Just quit... You're talking like 2 people can set the outcome of a game in stone... They dont. It's a Team Effort, Communication, Coordination, Skill all factor higher than what gear you have.
    Last edited by Lucchini; 06-26-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

If i cant get the best weapon from the latest dragon to smash people in pvp with, what is the point of PvE?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lucchini View Post
    You dont have the right to deny them of using PvE gear tho.. No one does. It's a game, You can play it however you like. I offerd some suggestion's that would be more benafical for using PvP Gear over PvE.. I wont out right deny PvEr's the right to use the gear they worked hard to get aslo.. Just absurd. If they still wanna use PvE gear.. Thats there way.. There character... If you can't have fun playing.. That's you're problem. I have not seen 1 person using PvE gear that has just out right killed me. They op for more dmg over more dmg taken.. It's there choice..

Also if you cant over come a DPS increase... from 1-2 People.. Just quit... You're talking like 2 people can set the outcome of a game in stone... They dont. It's a Team Effort, Communication, Coordination, Skill all factor higher than what gear you have.
    NO ONE DENAYING THEM.. i just say why pvp players need suffer cuz of pve players who use better pve gear for there advantage in "pvp!"
    i dont mind in pve.. so why not make same Gear for pvp too with ****load of Vengance on them so it will not be worth Grind pve for pvp benfits...

why ppl need farm pvp gear when pve gear is better ?????????????? what the point of pvp then...
    and dont tell me only having fun lol..

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrodude78 View Post
    If i cant get the best weapon from the latest dragon to smash people in pvp with, what is the point of PvE?
    no one deny the point of pve lol;) i just say why not balance pvp so i can get same dps gear from pvp ..
    i dont care if they make it grind to get it.. but it should be in game simple
    make pvp weps with ****loads of vengance and limited Hit! ....
    and if ppl dont wanna get pvp gear for pvp they can use there pve gear all is fair
    same way as i go in pvp gear to do ID pve ofc i will have Disadvantage so same way they should get Disadvantage in pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast