+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stuns/silences diminished returns

Soulwalker

Default Stuns/silences diminished returns

Could there not be a consideration for diminished returns on stuns, there are times I go in as a healer and get stunned 6 times in a row
    Piink

Telaran

what? im almost positive your exaggerating a good bit.....
    IM BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by saprils View Post
    Could there not be a consideration for diminished returns on stuns, there are times I go in as a healer and get stunned 6 times in a row
    Stun/silences run on the DR.

If you are stunned twice within 15 seconds you go immune.

It is working currently and I do believe it is simply because you just don't realize how much time passes by.

General of Telara

Incorrect. Unless you use your break free, a sab carpet bombing annihilation bomb will constantly stun you for 5 bombs in a row. It appears to not be effected by DR and one of the reasons people are complaining about sab being OP. Rapid setup, bleed or direct damage followed by 5 stun bombs is pretty killer.

I play a sab and the devastation this can cause if opposing players break free is down is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    Incorrect. Unless you use your break free, a sab carpet bombing annihilation bomb will constantly stun you for 5 bombs in a row. It appears to not be effected by DR and one of the reasons people are complaining about sab being OP. Rapid setup, bleed or direct damage followed by 5 stun bombs is pretty killer.
    I've eaten a maximum of two stuns in a row off it every time someone has dropped it on me. idk!
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I've been stunned/silenced SO MANY TIMES. Within the period that Flicker and Break Free are on CD, the amount of times I get silenced is incredible. Windspear being the worst culprit - it's like every second I get hit by that thing.

I've actually had times where the timer of Break Free is up and running, and i'm still being stunned/silenced within that 5 seconds of "immunity".

Honestly if we can't squirrel people more then thrice per 20 seconds, what gives them the right to silence/stun us mages constantly? I've never come across being Immune to a stun/snare/silence, only immune to Transmog.

WTB mage survivability pls

The overdramatic part is right, certainly.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by saprils View Post
    I go in as a healer and get stunned 6 times in a row
    stop lying

Here is the part where I explain each bit of wrong information and the loopholes that make the rest of you wrong potentially.

I play a sab and the devastation this can cause if opposing players break free is down is crazy.
    Sab stun bombs work on the DR. Sab land mines do not. There are clear immune signs that go up with annih. bomb. You are incorrect.

As for the others who say you cannot be stunned more than twice in 15s, you too are wrong. Rift consumables do not work on the DR and ignore it. So a player can blow 2 stuns on you, then use their Rift consumable to stun you again for a third time. Throw in some random chaos or slight planning, and you can get more than 2 - 3 stuns in 15s. But the chances are not likely as you need people blowing stuns and consumables on you. Sure it happens to healers tho, especially those ignore the DR stun consumables. Wouldn't surprise me if healers get those unloaded on them.

You guys can keep talking about Rift though, lets see what fiction novels come up next.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Annihilation bomb is on the DR.
    ~Quiescent

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Here is the part where I explain each bit of wrong information and the loopholes that make the rest of you wrong potentially.

Sab stun bombs work on the DR. Sab land mines do not. There are clear immune signs that go up with annih. bomb. You are incorrect.

As for the others who say you cannot be stunned more than twice in 15s, you too are wrong. Rift consumables do not work on the DR and ignore it. So a player can blow 2 stuns on you, then use their Rift consumable to stun you again for a third time. Throw in some random chaos or slight planning, and you can get more than 2 - 3 stuns in 15s. But the chances are not likely as you need people blowing stuns and consumables on you. Sure it happens to healers tho, especially those ignore the DR stun consumables. Wouldn't surprise me if healers get those unloaded on them.

You guys can keep talking about Rift though, lets see what fiction novels come up next.
    Bravo sir. And there you have... why I carry 2 stacks of 50 tempest mirrors on me at almost all times. Nothing says "F YOU!" like stunlocking someone with abilities and consumables.

Sabo Anni bomb is totally on the DR system. I get the first two bombs stunning, and then whoever I'm bombing is immune for the rest. Generally I am running like hell at that point praying that they don't catch me before they bleed out or calvary finishes them off.

Also... just so folks know. Tanky builds work great against sabo. :P
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post

Also... just so folks know. Tanky builds work great against sabo. :P
    Only fair as sabos damage works good against tanky builds
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Only fair as sabos damage works good against tanky builds
    Not my tanky build. :P Solo, I come out at 95 to 100% hp when I kill sabs. Even taking two at a time, I eat through them. I'm using a 38RS build for it. I literally just port onto them, hit my cc ability, and chew on them healing myself and typing "trollololololol". Usually they've tried to get away by the time I'm done typing that, so I have to hit the port button to port ontop of them again and continue. Fully charged up, and carpet bombed, I loose little hp though. Good warrior tanks are the same. Charges will do about 100 a pop to a fully valored warrior tank. And bombs can be dodged, parried, blocked and deflected... ;) A fully pve geared sabo is a bit rougher, but they are so squishy my porting tank doesn't have much issue with them either.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

I would have to say that you are flat out lying.
    Carpet bombing does not take any abilities off of DR and you cannot stun someone 5 times in a row.
    You can stun them at best two times, have them go immune, and once the invisibl 15 second timer is gone, can stun them twice more.

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Sabo Anni bomb is totally on the DR system. I get the first two bombs stunning, and then whoever I'm bombing is immune for the rest.
    I've found it a little odd that it's rarely mentioned that sabs who pop carpet bombing with anibombs give out CC immunity to the enemy team after that momentary stun. In fact, it's more often said that anibombs chain stun a group with every hit.

Which is a strong enough idea to make up for it's lack of factual accuracy, I guess. Although I would counter with:

Sab nerfs for 1.10: Annihilation bomb will now totally be on the DR. (Quick, everyone pretend that's a change!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast