+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need help on picking shard and class just resubbed

Shadowlander

Default need help on picking shard and class just resubbed

Hello i just resubbed and want to start over from fresh with a pvp char
    mabye someone would be willing to help me out abit im not begging for help just asking if anyone
    would mabye help me out on a new server

1: what class would be a good choice for a pvp focused class
    2: what EU server is a good pvp shard also what faction

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sundances View Post
    mabye someone would be willing to help me out abit im not begging for help just asking if anyone

Do you like to whine and backstab? Pick a rogue.

Do you like squirrels? Pick a mage

Do you like to be a squirrel? Pick a warrior.

Do you like to laugh at people that spend 5 minutes of solo combat beating on you without denting your armor? Pick a cleric.

Ascendant

Ignore the trolls like the guy above me. I'll give you a serious answer but in order to do so I need to know your preferred play style.

Do you like ranged? Do you like kiting? Do you like fast paced visceral melee combat? Do you like to heal and have high survivability? Do you like CC and nuke style gameplay? Without knowing those I would just be projecting my own opinions on to you. Every class in this game has viable pvp specs. All of them. So it really comes down to playstyle.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Ignore the trolls like the guy above me. I'll give you a serious answer but in order to do so I need to know your preferred play style.

Do you like ranged? Do you like kiting? Do you like fast paced visceral melee combat? Do you like to heal and have high survivability? Do you like CC and nuke style gameplay? Without knowing those I would just be projecting my own opinions on to you. Every class in this game has viable pvp specs. All of them. So it really comes down to playstyle.
    who you calling Troll, Troll?

Have a sense of humor.

Shadowlander

as ive allways played healer in mmos i think im gonna try something diffrent this time i like being ranged mabye this time around i wanna try some melee class that also can do decent on range

Rift Chaser

as ive allways played healer in mmos i think im gonna try something diffrent this time i like being ranged mabye this time around i wanna try some melee class that also can do decent on range

Speaking in seriousness this time, for melee class that can still do some damage from range, you may want to play around with 51RB/10VK/5RV. You get all the range from RB plus some survivability when you equip your shield and jump into the trenches. Good fun.
    Last edited by dpser; 06-25-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Rift Chaser

Then you probably want to play rogue. Cleric melee sucks, warriors have no ranged, mages have no melee. Rogues get both so Id go with that.

Sounds like a rogue.

edit: ^ what that guy said....
    Last edited by Kanchou; 06-25-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Shadowlander

Thanks for the answers is there a server better then the others for pvp on EU or are they like the same?

Thanks for the answers is there a server better then the others for pvp on EU or are they like the same?
    You want to play on Bloodiron in that case, second highest pop and is a PvP shard.

Check this out - http://www.riftstatus.net/shards/eu

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by dpser View Post
    whine
    I think a rogue hurt this guy's feelings.
    Fluent

Ascendant

who you calling Troll, Troll?

Have a sense of humor.
    I just believe in giving a straight answer to perspective new players. I have a sense of humor However when it comes to nuturing the game I take that seriously.

As to the OP, Warrior or Rogue are probably what you want to look at. Warriors have some limited range via certain specs and heavy melee capability. Rogues have moderate melee and moderate to heavy ranged. But its often hard to find a build that balances both well. You might enjoy a Sabdancer style spec which has strong AOE range and upclose melee capability via the bladedancer soul. Refer to the "Rogue PVE Bible" in the class forums for specifics on different builds and what they can do.

But don't count out Riftblade heavy warrior specs since you might enjoy those as well. I will say Rogue tends to play faster because of the GCD.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Telaran

Do you like to whine and backstab? Pick a rogue.

Do you like squirrels? Pick a mage

Do you like to be a squirrel? Pick a warrior.

Do you like to laugh at people that spend 5 minutes of solo combat beating on you without denting your armor? Pick a cleric.
    This about sums it up. As I posted in another thread rift pvp is a game of chance. Does not really matter what calling you go for. 50% of the team will be rogues..and whoever lands the most clerics with the other 50% wins. To be safe I would chose rogue. They will always be ok at pvp. And if you suck just vanish and hide out like chicken a sapping people to be a pain.
    Last edited by kerstal; 06-26-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    I just believe in giving a straight answer to perspective new players. I have a sense of humor However when it comes to nuturing the game I take that seriously.
    Rift is SrZ BiZnEsS.

General of Telara

I would say rogue for sure. I have a war and rogue who do a lot of PvP, the war is a lot of fun and powerful but very limited in flexibility and painful to rank up.

The rogue offers a lot, for range you have the marksman who when played right can be a focus target killer with the constant purges to remove buffs and heals while others destroy the target. You also have the sab for mass aoe chaos, great in places where there is a bottle neck or players just like to group up.

For melee you have high assassin builds for being an opportunist or protecting key points. Or when better geared you have nightblade/riftstalker for taking heavy abuse and doing in your face damage.

You also have the bard who in waterfront can be excellent support alongside full time healers, providing constant aoe healing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast