+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about 1.9 PvP Gear Costs

Rift Disciple

Default Question about 1.9 PvP Gear Costs

is it better for a r38 with 120K favor to get his gear now before Wednesday? Or is it better to wait?
    Eka, r7x Cleric
    Hrakus, r7x Warrior

wait

10char
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Sure would be nice to know how much the R40 set costs...my bunk hillbilly interwebz don' be havin' no truck with downloadin' PTS's. Just got done with the middle tier, now I'm looking at the third set wondering what kind of reductions I can enjoy.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    Sure would be nice to know how much the R40 set costs...my bunk hillbilly interwebz don' be havin' no truck with downloadin' PTS's. Just got done with the middle tier, now I'm looking at the third set wondering what kind of reductions I can enjoy.
    It's not setting them back to the last tier, but the first tier set on the PTS (costs 60k favor live) costed like 47k or something like that I think.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

I was sure I had saved a spreadsheet with some of these numbers, but my advice is to save it.

The new "starter set" is more expensive per piece than the old starter set, but it's cheaper than buying the first two current sets (which will give you the same stats).

Similarly, the current top tier is getting a tangible cost reduction (as it becomes the middle tier), so I'm saving my favor for patch day.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-25-2012 at 06:29 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    the set that was available at r36 (the weapons, that is) is now available at r25; the costs are approximately 2/3 the favour of the current live costs. eg: the r36 chest piece currently costs approx 104K favour; after Wednesday it's 76K favour; the boots from the same set currently cost 59.2K favour, on the PTS they cost 44K.

Rift Disciple

You are going to have to rank up to rank 50 before you can get the gear. So stockpiling favor to me seems somewhat useless cause over 10 ranks you will gain that favor back. Buuuuutttttt you could buy you new pvp trinket and veangence sigils right away, so if you want to save for those then that makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I was sure I had saved a spreadsheet with some of these numbers, but my advice is to save it.

The new "starter set" is more expensive per piece than the old starter set, but it's cheaper than buying the first two current sets (which will give you the same stats).
    I'm confused, wouldn't this mean you should get the first set now....before the patch?

General of Telara

The current starter ser becomes obsolete so buying it is wasting favor. For example:
    Current t1 boots cost you 22k. You need them before you can buy the t2 set for say 44k
    1.9 the t2 becomes 30k and is the new t1.

If you buy the t1 now you still have to pay 30k post patch for the new t1 in order to be able to buy the next tier. Therefore the boots will cost you 55k total. If you just wait you get the boots at 30k.

As for costs, the new t3 gear will cost exactly the same as current t3 gear though the same cannot be said for the lower tiers which do reduce in cost but not a direct replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    I'm confused, wouldn't this mean you should get the first set now....before the patch?
    No.

Let me put some hypothetical numbers here because I don't have the actual ones any longer.

The current 'set #1' is the P12 tier. The current 'set #2' is the P25 tier. The current 'set #3' is the P36 tier. The new 'set #1' is the P25 tier. The new 'set #2' is the P36 tier. The new 'set #3' is the P50(?) tier. You need the previous set to buy the next set.

Let's say a given piece costs 20k for the current set #1 (P12), and 40k for current set #2 (P25). To get the P25 gear, you'd need to spend 60k. On the PTS (i.e. in 1.9), the same piece from set #1 (P25) costs 35k, and set #2 is (P36) 55k. To get P25 gear, you'd need to spend 35k -- so, more than the 20k you'd spend now for the first tier, but less than you'd spend now for the second tier (which becomes the first tier). The P25 gear has no prerequisite piece purchases on PTS/in 1.9, because it's the new bottom tier.

If you're at the cap and you're going to keep PvPing or running dailies between now and patch day, consider buying the cheapest pieces (i.e. rings) or things that aren't going to change in price (i.e. Order of the Eye essences/trinkets) first.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-26-2012 at 05:27 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by redrox View Post
    You are going to have to rank up to rank 50 before you can get the gear. So stockpiling favor to me seems somewhat useless cause over 10 ranks you will gain that favor back. Buuuuutttttt you could buy you new pvp trinket and veangence sigils right away, so if you want to save for those then that makes perfect sense.
    Is Rank 50 going live with 1.9 or xpac?

Quote Originally Posted by lunatuna View Post
    Is Rank 50 going live with 1.9 or xpac?
    1.9, it will be live tomorrow. Get your grinding boots on.

Farewell, Rift! Perhaps we'll meet again.

Isn't the only rank dependent gear the mh/oh/ranged slots? Why would they change their current model? Imagine how much favor would be wasted having to wait till R50 to be able to get the left side gear.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

You can buy basically everything but the synergy crystal and weapons at rank 40.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

+ Reply to Thread