+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What happened to the classic Black Garden?

Default What happened to the classic Black Garden?

It's replaced by something called "Stockpile?"

Are we getting the old BG back?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Omni View Post
    It's replaced by something called "Stockpile?"

Are we getting the old BG back?
    Stockpile is the "special" one of the weekend boosted one. It isn't like the "new" whitefail, which we get to trudge though.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Stockpile is the "special" one of the weekend boosted one. It isn't like the "new" whitefail, which we get to trudge though.
    At least the whitefall weekend WF is an improvement on the normal version.

The BG stockpile took on eof the better warfronts and added extra PvE

Ascendant

I kind of like the new BG. Ignore the objectives. Fights break up more.. far more of the map is used. You get large scale combat and 1v[1-3]

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    At least the whitefall weekend WF is an improvement on the normal version.

The BG stockpile took on eof the better warfronts and added extra PvE
    We agree 100% so far here. I wish they just had the weekend one all week for Whitefail. I might have some slight motivation to queue for it. I can guarantee 100%... I'll never willingly queue for whitefail again after I finish the achieves from it and get my Lord of War title.

I like stockpile. The pve would spread the winning team apart and helped break a few snore fests.

Otherwise in normal BG, I just stood on the cliff, or watched the other team stand on theirs. At least on stockpile I can camp the turn ins.

Champion of Telara

We agree 100% so far here. I wish they just had the weekend one all week for Whitefail. I might have some slight motivation to queue for it. I can guarantee 100%... I'll never willingly queue for whitefail again after I finish the achieves from it and get my Lord of War title.
    heh, i've almost given up on getting the acheives, it really needs a stacking debuff for people who sit in their base too long.

Turtle for 5 minutes and become a 1-shot kill, it would make it almost bearable.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    heh, i've almost given up on getting the acheives, it really needs a stacking debuff for people who sit in their base too long.

Turtle for 5 minutes and become a 1-shot kill, it would make it almost bearable.
    You know.. I kind of like that idea. Only thing I could see.. is someone dropping the flag for someone else to pick it up repeatedly to avoid the debuff. Something has to be done with the snorefest turtling though... it takes forever and an f'ing day to run the flag now, and then you have to sit there for 10 minutes waiting for the other carrier to finally die.. or them to bring a big enough force to kill you. It is one of the few times I want to afk in a warfront and go get some scotch.

Sword of Telara

Maybe they could do something like ticks from the Library. The longer the flag is off of it's home base... the bigger the ticks get. After a while... the flag will insta gib whoever picks it up after 5 seconds or so. Kind of turn it into a "hot potato" type thing. Make it an increasing tick each time with a % of the holder's health being the damage meter. So around 5 minutes or so, it's a 100% of holder's hp on tick un-mitigatable damage hit. So at 5 minutes of turtling.. the team has to keep sacrificing members over and over to hold/move the damn flag.

Champion of Telara

You know.. I kind of like that idea. Only thing I could see.. is someone dropping the flag for someone else to pick it up repeatedly to avoid the debuff. Something has to be done with the snorefest turtling though... it takes forever and an f'ing day to run the flag now, and then you have to sit there for 10 minutes waiting for the other carrier to finally die.. or them to bring a big enough force to kill you. It is one of the few times I want to afk in a warfront and go get some scotch.
    Switching the carrier out wouldnt matter too much, the entire defence team would be 1 shot kills if they sat there. They would have to have the debuff inactive outside the bases but remain on a further 60 secs so that people couldnt hop out, reset and jump back in.

They could even add some sort of reset timer. If you have the enemy flag for 5 minutes without capping both flags get reset.

Champion of Telara

Maybe they could do something like ticks from the Library. The longer the flag is off of it's home base... the bigger the ticks get. After a while... the flag will insta gib whoever picks it up after 5 seconds or so. Kind of turn it into a "hot potato" type thing. Make it an increasing tick each time with a % of the holder's health being the damage meter. So around 5 minutes or so, it's a 100% of holder's hp on tick un-mitigatable damage hit. So at 5 minutes of turtling.. the team has to keep sacrificing members over and over to hold/move the damn flag.
    heh, simialr to my thinking of a reset if its held too long.

At least we agree it needs something, lol.

I seen you quite a bit this weekend (I think). You kept running the fang on your rogue "Laban" right? I was in there with my fresh 50's :P Was fun.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    I seen you quite a bit this weekend (I think). You kept running the fang on your rogue "Laban" right? I was in there with my fresh 50's :P Was fun.
    I did it a bit this weekend. I am attempting to get my last 30 or so flag runs done... so I get all of my whitefail achieves... and never have to queue for it again. (All I need for Lord of War title). I had some pretty horrid groups this weekend though, it was painful heh.

But yeah, if they put something in to have the flag tick and nuke whoever is trying to hold it after a certain time... that would make things better.
    Last edited by Laban of C O; 06-25-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Ascendant

5vs5 black guarden eskalation MUCHO BETTER ;(

I did it a bit this weekend. I am attempting to get my last 30 or so flag runs done... so I get all of my whitefail achieves... and never have to queue for it again. (All I need for Lord of War title). I had some pretty horrid groups this weekend though, it was painful heh.

But yeah, if they put something in to have the flag tick and nuke whoever is trying to hold it after a certain time... that would make things better.
    Yeah I was on Mitsurogue (rogue, obv. just hit R5) and Evolutionviii (cleric, just hit R7).

And I agree on the tick. There were so many games that both factions grabbed stone at the beginning, and literally just ended in a tie.
    Last edited by MitsuMarty; 06-25-2012 at 08:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast