+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ideas to improve warfronts

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default Ideas to improve warfronts

    So, as I was out of town this weekend visiting a nice relaxing town in the Andes, and enjoying the refreshing air.. a thought came to me.

    1) Pvpers hate the ******s who afk in warfronts and "afk" their way to p40 or whatever.
    2) PVErs don't want pvpers to get decent gear, because their argument is... you can afk to 40.


    So, a couple additions that could make warfronts more interesting.

    * You don't get favor/prestige while up on the spawn area. IE, you won't be getting the passive favor/prestige from other peoples kills/saves when you are up in the spawn area. IE, get your arse off there and contribute.

    * Get a vote kick button. If 3/4ths of the warfront group doesn't want you with them... kick. Or if you don't want to kick them, at least let us force merc them. Heh. I can't count the number of times there has been some idiot the entire group hates, but we are forced to have them.

    * Surrender button. For those times... when one side is just planning to farm the loosing side for 20 minutes. IE.. whitefail with not turning in the stone so you can farm... scion farming.... black garden farming.. etc. At this point, I just burn my recall at this point and get the hell out. It would be nice if a side could just "surrender" though, and get it over with.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    So, as I was out of town this weekend visiting a nice relaxing town in the Andes, and enjoying the refreshing air.. a thought came to me.

    1) Pvpers hate the ******s who afk in warfronts and "afk" their way to p40 or whatever.
    2) PVErs don't want pvpers to get decent gear, because their argument is... you can afk to 40.


    So, a couple additions that could make warfronts more interesting.

    * You don't get favor/prestige while up on the spawn area. IE, you won't be getting the passive favor/prestige from other peoples kills/saves when you are up in the spawn area. IE, get your arse off there and contribute.

    * Get a vote kick button. If 3/4ths of the warfront group doesn't want you with them... kick. Or if you don't want to kick them, at least let us force merc them. Heh. I can't count the number of times there has been some idiot the entire group hates, but we are forced to have them.

    * Surrender button. For those times... when one side is just planning to farm the loosing side for 20 minutes. IE.. whitefail with not turning in the stone so you can farm... scion farming.... black garden farming.. etc. At this point, I just burn my recall at this point and get the hell out. It would be nice if a side could just "surrender" though, and get it over with.
    Your first idea is brilliant. I'd love that. Your second two are easily exploitable. A cleric who won't go heals gets kicked cause he's DPS. The third one would also be exploitable because they could trade wins to get loads of favor/prestiege.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Your first idea is brilliant. I'd love that. Your second two are easily exploitable. A cleric who won't go heals gets kicked cause he's DPS. The third one would also be exploitable because they could trade wins to get loads of favor/prestiege.
    True, the first idea is my favorite of the three. Having some sort of surrender option... to remove the long wait of a bad farming session would be pretty damn nice though. I mean... "Ohh, I'm in a pug vs that premade warrior + scythe, 2 healers and a rogue. Well... my entire team is camped while the warrior devours our team repeatedly... maybe getting started on another warfront without that warrior + scythe + 2 healers might be nice!"
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

  4. #4
    Ascendant NearioNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    I dont PVP, but what about something like":
    do nothing for 20sec, and auto-kick? or dont use a skill in 1min and auto-kick? to prevent afk-ing
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

  5. #5
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    * Add a warfront where the goal is not to fedex junk around, but to kill other players.
    I'm so BORED

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    How about if they add ANYTHING to PvP! lol.
    I just posted a thread the other day about the lack of interestingness (if that's not a word, it is now!) that is the PvP in RIFT.
    Like I said in that post, I was gone for many months from this game. I come back expecting something to have changed, and yes something had, they made it so you couldnt carry as stone in WS and use the speed buff orb.....really? thats it...thats a big'ol for sure! (this is me being sarcastic)

    I don't know if I am alone, I assume I am not, but I am totally board to tears with the PvP in this game. We spend our time grinding to P40 while getting the crap kicked out of us on the same maps that we spend all our days kicking the crap out of the next mob of non-P40's, no gear having, "noobs". And they're noobs no matter how much skill they have because they are not as geared.....boooo'urns! lol Something new would be nice to see.

    There are a some good ideas over in my thread about open-world PvP, but not like on the PvP servers where its 24/7 PvP anywhere, any time that I think would be prity damn sweet if they would implement something like it.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Idea 1.

    I like this. Alot. Nothing is a bigger pain then getting a half afk team on the weekend, then getting slaughtered. One small change, you should keep getting credit while you're waiting on respawn. It seems unfair that if I contribute to a fight and get killed, I lose out on credit for all those kills that happen right after I die.

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axdin View Post
    Idea 1.

    I like this. Alot. Nothing is a bigger pain then getting a half afk team on the weekend, then getting slaughtered. One small change, you should keep getting credit while you're waiting on respawn. It seems unfair that if I contribute to a fight and get killed, I lose out on credit for all those kills that happen right after I die.
    You know.. that would be nice... maybe. You keep getting credit while ghosted waiting to respawn, but stop as soon as you start standing at the respawn area. The problem with this in my opinion... is that you'd have people who'd either bot to run straight into the fray and die so they could spend as much time respawning as possible (damn raiders trying to cheat their way to p40! ;) ) or some turd just running forward to die and get credit.

    If you weren't getting any credit while ghosted, and while sitting up on the spawn... it would eliminate a LOT of the annoyances with afkers. They'd either have to get off the spawn and do something or not get much out of the warfront.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser MitsuMarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    You know.. that would be nice... maybe. You keep getting credit while ghosted waiting to respawn, but stop as soon as you start standing at the respawn area. The problem with this in my opinion... is that you'd have people who'd either bot to run straight into the fray and die so they could spend as much time respawning as possible (damn raiders trying to cheat their way to p40! ;) ) or some turd just running forward to die and get credit.

    If you weren't getting any credit while ghosted, and while sitting up on the spawn... it would eliminate a LOT of the annoyances with afkers. They'd either have to get off the spawn and do something or not get much out of the warfront.
    I can see this working out perfectly if they up'd the favor/prestige gain to even out the loss incurred from being ghosted.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Big agree on idea #1.

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    77

    Default

    The only idea I actually like and think is a good idea is the surrender option, but I'd rather they just fix the queue system to put together more balanced games rather than just make us surrender every other game when it's faceroll.. I know it wouldn't -make- us.. but really.. who wants to play a game where they're forced up into the spawn because it's a bunch of R40's versus a group of fresh 50's?

    I like the idea of fixing the afkers, but I don't see your idea working... I've seen plenty of AFK'ers that go somewhere other than spawn to be less obvious about it, boss in Scion, vault in Codex, etc.. they're just gonna AFK somewhere else.


    Jetheth - P50 Rogue - Wolfsbane.

    Zaros' Rogue PVP Guide. Read it.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser MitsuMarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetheth View Post
    I like the idea of fixing the afkers, but I don't see your idea working... I've seen plenty of AFK'ers that go somewhere other than spawn to be less obvious about it, boss in Scion, vault in Codex, etc.. they're just gonna AFK somewhere else.
    Still a step in the right direction. Even if it didn't fix them all, it would still slowly help with the problem. I mean, if they go afk at vault or w/e and just die, they'll go to spawn area and not get favor/prestige. They will have to be alert to stay alive longer and continue to collect.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    I like idea 1 however, Scion, you can AFK near boss.
    Sins can afk most fights.

  14. #14
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Xillean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    So, as I was out of town this weekend visiting a nice relaxing town in the Andes, and enjoying the refreshing air.. a thought came to me.

    1) Pvpers hate the ******s who afk in warfronts and "afk" their way to p40 or whatever.
    2) PVErs don't want pvpers to get decent gear, because their argument is... you can afk to 40.


    So, a couple additions that could make warfronts more interesting.

    * You don't get favor/prestige while up on the spawn area. IE, you won't be getting the passive favor/prestige from other peoples kills/saves when you are up in the spawn area. IE, get your arse off there and contribute.

    * Get a vote kick button. If 3/4ths of the warfront group doesn't want you with them... kick. Or if you don't want to kick them, at least let us force merc them. Heh. I can't count the number of times there has been some idiot the entire group hates, but we are forced to have them.

    * Surrender button. For those times... when one side is just planning to farm the loosing side for 20 minutes. IE.. whitefail with not turning in the stone so you can farm... scion farming.... black garden farming.. etc. At this point, I just burn my recall at this point and get the hell out. It would be nice if a side could just "surrender" though, and get it over with.
    I love your first and third idea but as others have said your second idea is to easily exploitable and sadly should not be implemented.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    A few other ideas came to me today while trudging through the cesspool that is whitefail. Lots of ties.... lots of long drawn out snorefests... so...

    1) As mentioned in another thread, the flag gains a timer from teh time it is picked up till it is deposited. As the timer goes... it produces progressively harder hits of a % of the holder's health. Up to 5 minutes.. at which point it is 1 shotting each person picking it up. Call it the "Hot potato" idea. This idea prevents the two sides having a flag... snore.

    2) If one side has 1 score, and no other scores have happened (the long/boring turtle)... the match ends after 5 minutes of this. Rather than having a long drawn out farm/yawn fest.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts