+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So, did your faction get farmed this weekend?

Default So, did your faction get farmed this weekend?

They weren't all being farmed as a Guard in BG this weekend for me, but man oh man were about 90% of the matches WAY unbalanced for the losing side no mater which side won or lost! I mean, come on! People complaining in chat about being in a match that is supposed to be for 29 up and they're like 17 or something, and the opposing team just farming the HECK out of them lol. I mean absolutely professionally embarrassing, I felt more sorry for them than myself. And oh yeah, I really felt marked a lot of the time! I must be hated bad or doing something right, I guess. Probably just hated, lol. Glad I had saved my Veteran Vials for this last push on gear until 1.9, and I still have some left to use as I near R50 in 1.9, because Guards lost a lot more for the matches I was in. Oh well, made it to R39 and got 3 new pieces of gear this weekend. Only need Gloves, Slippers, Belt and Tome and that's it until 1.9 requirements (well, the crystal at 40 but that's such a small upgrade I'm in no hurry for the inflated pricing, lol). How did the rest of you do this weekend?
    Last edited by Taptap; 06-24-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Rift Chaser

Hit or miss. Even if you win 50% of your matches, its human nature to 'feel' like you've lost 90%.

Also seems to be a lot of DPS clerics lately. No heals = slightly less fun tanky build. But as a 51 champ man oh man do I die faaasst.

I still think time to kill in this game is way wayy too short.
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

Rift Disciple

I for one farmed who ever the opposing faction was all weekend,

Oddly enough Killing guardians gives me a strange but strong sense of satisfaction, how ever the fact i must be merced to enjoy this sensation, troubles me.
    Last edited by Pyrodude78; 06-24-2012 at 11:02 PM.

I don't think I got camped once this weekend bonus.

Mainly because instead of tunnel visioning the middle, I went around the side enterances, picked up orbs and cleansed them, without being noticed.
    And when someone did notice me, it was Flicker and i'm outta there.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrodude78 View Post
    I for one farmed who ever the opposing faction was all weekend,

Oddly enough Killing guardians gives me a strange but strong sense of satisfaction, how ever the fact i must be merced to enjoy this sensation, troubles me.
    You hit far too hard

Warriors are fine, but Nerf Gkane!

I noticed this weekend on seastone that the matches seemed to go in cycles. Defiant got stomped for a while, then did the stomping for a while. Rinse and repeat.

General of Telara

It was better than last weekend for me. Even the games we were whooped we got a lot of kills though mainly from stalking the orb hand in. Friday lost a lot but sat and Sun were good matches

horrible warfront this weekend

matches were either one sided for defiants or one sided guardians. all tht was left to do was sit on top of the hill and wait. though skarbor fcked us all wherever we were.

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    They weren't all being farmed as a Guard in BG this weekend for me, but man oh man were about 90% of the matches WAY unbalanced for the losing side no mater which side won or lost! I mean, come on! People complaining in chat about being in a match that is supposed to be for 29 up and they're like 17 or something, and the opposing team just farming the HECK out of them lol. I mean absolutely professionally embarrassing, I felt more sorry for them than myself. And oh yeah, I really felt marked a lot of the time! I must be hated bad or doing something right, I guess. Probably just hated, lol. Glad I had saved my Veteran Vials for this last push on gear until 1.9, and I still have some left to use as I near R50 in 1.9, because Guards lost a lot more for the matches I was in. Oh well, made it to R39 and got 3 new pieces of gear this weekend. Only need Gloves, Slippers, Belt and Tome and that's it until 1.9 requirements (well, the crystal at 40 but that's such a small upgrade I'm in no hurry for the inflated pricing, lol). How did the rest of you do this weekend?
    Bonus warfronts are always a premade camped mess and one sided most of the weekend, win or lose. Also affected by afk exploiters, too many on your side and you lose.

Lost a ton Friday night, won more than I lost Saturday afternoon/evening, probably split 50/50 on Sunday (though the losses were far faster than the wins).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

All in all, I think that I saw guards win 3/4 matches or so. There definitely was an ebb and flow during the different days and times of days, with fewer wins and a pretty strong defiant team running about Sunday night. I also saw some ridiculously unbalanced matches in the guard's favor midday Sunday. Fish-in-a-barrel easy to rack up 30 and 0, but I still don't really enjoy those sorts of matches.

And somewhat efficient on the favor, I guess. Kept hitting cap and buying bric-a-brac (didn't want to drop too low as I might take a break Mon/Tue before 1.9).

Was a good weekend on Seastone. Pretty even games, pugs learned they camp turn in points instead of just being farmed on the cliff, which helped a lot.

Premades queues were great, even had some full BGs.

I don't know my win/loss percentage but overall I felt the weekend went well. One match started off bad and it looked like we might be getting farmed until it was over. But a few of us went off to the side and ganked the orb runners for some quick turn-ins. I think it took a while for some people on the OpFor to realize the score had been turned around and we ended up winning.

I don't have issues with the merc system itself. It's the people who refuse to make an effort when merc'd or deliberately grief their own team who I don't like.
    Last edited by FourRums; 06-25-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    Beyond the point of caring.

Ascendant

solo-q. quite a lot of late-join, I'd say 3/4 of bg matches, 50% of other ones. I'm guardian but got merc'd a lot.

This weekend was pretty even I would say. It did seem that Trion was slapping me in the face by putting me in games that were almost over and throwing me on the losing side.

But overall, there were quite a few matches I played in where the ending was super close.
    A PS I was in was 995-995 with both teams racing to turn in there last sourcestone. Games like that are so f'n fun. Sucks when you lose, but really all you can say is /y GG

Over 10 on a side in a WF is good. Yesterday we had 4 defiant and 5 guardian in Whitefall. Defiants won, after farming guardians for a good 10 minutes - we had the third stone, just didn't drop it in until we felt like ending it.

I often end up with 4-7 players on my team, and roughly the same on the guardians. Had one BG Stockpile match won without anyone doing or being even damaged - it was an orb running contest LOL.

That's just how it goes, some matches are good, some hard fought, some one side steam rollers the other, some just silly.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast