+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: can some one explain the "hit" for pvp / details inside!

Telaran

Default can some one explain the "hit" for pvp / details inside!

hi, so some ppl say yes u need 100 hit for pvp some say no you dont need.
    can some one base fact one and for all " DO YOU NEED HIT FOR PVP OR NOT ?

cuz i see ppl in full R36/40 pvp gear and got 0 hit and just steamrolling the top dps tables.. so Yes for hit or no for hit this is the question :>

Telaran

You want hit, not alot, about 100 is fine. Reason for this is dodge/parry/block/miss... passive things. With only 100 hit though defensive cds will make you loose alot of contact. Atleast this is my understanding.... i have life easy as im a cleric and have to worry about focus... (if im dpsing)
    IM BACK!

Telaran

so how explain that ppl with 0 hit warriors can rip apart ppl and top the charts:O

Do they actually have zero hit? Did you look at their runes, and rings? I doubt they were running with absolutely zero hit.

100 hit in PVP is a must, I don't see why it isn't evident when you're fighting someone. Anything below 50 hit and half of all the stuff you throw out gets parried or dodged, it's very noticeable and it's a huge nuisance.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Godest View Post
    hi, so some ppl say yes u need 100 hit for pvp some say no you dont need.
    can some one base fact one and for all " DO YOU NEED HIT FOR PVP OR NOT ?

cuz i see ppl in full R36/40 pvp gear and got 0 hit and just steamrolling the top dps tables.. so Yes for hit or no for hit this is the question :>
    Most people I see on top doubling the next guys dps are in some kind of pve gear.

Telaran

well you can run 0 hit and actually test it if you want... i would advice having a bit of hit. I use focus rings, the rest of my gear is pvp gear.
    IM BACK!

Telaran

if i play bard specs mostly support do i need hit ?

Telaran

as you do alot of healing through cadence i would say yes abit of hit would do you wonders.
    IM BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by madroxz View Post
    as you do alot of healing through cadence i would say yes abit of hit would do you wonders.
    Cadence doesn't miss.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Telaran

sorry was under the impression it does.... in which case if thats all you run is bard spec then no dont worry about hit
    IM BACK!

Default Let me get this right

Quote Originally Posted by madroxz View Post
    well you can run 0 hit and actually test it if you want... i would advice having a bit of hit. I use focus rings, the rest of my gear is pvp gear.
    I thought I was supposed to wear pvp for WF. I noticed my focus went from 265 to 76 when I changed gear. You are saying I should keep my pve rings for focus?? I dont have a pvp weapon yet as all favor went into gear. If they are adding hit/focus then why 2 different sets of gear for pve and pvp.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Arir View Post
    I thought I was supposed to wear pvp for WF. I noticed my focus went from 265 to 76 when I changed gear. You are saying I should keep my pve rings for focus?? I dont have a pvp weapon yet as all favor went into gear. If they are adding hit/focus then why 2 different sets of gear for pve and pvp.
    with spell casters the problem aint so big.... 76 focus is fine for us. with them putting it on pvp weapons this wed you may be able to drop the rings as well... all hit/focus will be applied to weapons only. what i was talking about is only current state.
    IM BACK!

30 focus is fine for casters.

Dont be sarcificing that valour!

Quote Originally Posted by Arir View Post
    As far as two sets goes when they are released the amount will be low and on weapons only.

It will be enough (on top tier gear) to run experts but you will not be able to raid with them without some kind of pve supplement.
    ~~ Euthan ~~

5 hit/focus = 1% chance to bypass dodge/parry or resist chance

Based on base stats, my r40 rogue typically sits around (combined chance of parry and dodge) 26 - 35% chance to dodge/parry. Therefor, 150 hit would give you a 30% chance to bypass the chance on me, which would leave most of my specs little room for RNG to dodge/parry. As the gear scales lower and base stat drops, obviously you need less of it. Some talents and specs call for more required +hit to never see a dodge/parry.

+100 hit would be a mere 20% dodge chance. Versing an r40 as myself would still leave you with nearly a solid 10% chance to entire have your ability be ineffective, not a desirable playing level imo. I use 132 hit on my MM but that sort of cheats as the soul also grants 3% bonus to *ranged* hit chance I believe. Although I can't confirm it since it doesn't show up in the stat window, but it probably works. So that means on my MM I run around with a ~29.4% chance to bypass dodge/parrides. Which leaves a very small window of upper end geared players/special specs that will still grant me a 1 - 5% window of dodge/parry. On a pure BD spec I have gotten my overall chance up to 39%. That spec would destroy a rogue/warrior with only 100 hit as they would be nearly facing a 20% rng to not connect their attack. Especially if you pop your BD temp and put that 20% to a 70%. Damn near invincible to a pure melee.

After 1.9 r50 will have 132hit purely from gear. Although I used to use more hit than 132 and will probably still grab a head rune to make it 150. I notice 132 falls short on my melee specs that have no special bonus hit like the MM spec does. So higher than 132 imo is desired to optimal play. I 'got by' a long time with +75hit though. But that lead me to badly want more as the game became very very unfun when half my WF's were just dodge/parry fests.

edit, even with runes I cannot see how someone could play without hit. When I beef up in full pvp gear on my heavy RS spec, I take all my hit gear off (as I typically don't care about hitting many people on this spec anyway). My beefiest setup has 44hit, which means 8.8% chance to bypass. Even with 44hit, it is just a joke trying to hit any warrior/rogue. I've just given up because building up CP in that spec hardly works unless my 2cp ports are up as those always seem to hit and add cp. The funny thing is, when I play my RS and want to hit people, I have to add in an extra ring with +38 hit. Then I can actually build CP on people with generic attacks. But it was gross how awful my ability to even build 5cp was with sub 50 hit. About as viable as a raider without their own hit requirements

Don't drop much focus. People just don't pack resist chances that high.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-24-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast