+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wardstones on pve servers

Telaran

Default Wardstones on pve servers

Was on a pvp server until a week ago and just noticed I can't kill the opposing factions wardstone. Why is that if I am flagged?

The is something that dates all the way back to Beta 5 or 6 if I remember correctly. The reason for this is because it became very common for groups of PvP players to camp an opposite faction wardstone, preventing PvE players from questing at whatever hub it was unless they decided to fight the other players.

Eventually Trion made the decision to make opposite faction wardstones not attackable by players, as the point of playing on a PvE shard is that you should never be put in a position where you are required to PvP. At first this change was global, affecting PvE and PvP servers, but eventually Trion changed it so that it would only affect PvE servers.
    Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying
    evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynold View Post
    The is something that dates all the way back to Beta 5 or 6 if I remember correctly. The reason for this is because it became very common for groups of PvP players to camp an opposite faction wardstone, preventing PvE players from questing at whatever hub it was unless they decided to fight the other players.

Eventually Trion made the decision to make opposite faction wardstones not attackable by players, as the point of playing on a PvE shard is that you should never be put in a position where you are required to PvP. At first this change was global, affecting PvE and PvP servers, but eventually Trion changed it so that it would only affect PvE servers.
    Beta 5: Lots of complaints about this, amplified by a GM saying "just flag". Outrage!
    Beta 6: Wardstones can't be attacked, and town guards get HUGE bonuses against players. PvPers complain that this wrecks their game. Outrage!
    Beta 7: Trion makes rules vary with server type, a feat that Blizzard spent seven years saying was incredibly hard and impossible to do or support. Everyone is happy!
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread