+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What does R36 stats mean?

Rift Disciple

Default What does R36 stats mean?

I'm not exactly sure what that exactly entails. I understand it's to make sure people don't just get facerolled because they don't have pvp gear, but wouldn't that mean that PvE gear is FAR superior and a R1 with HK relics can walk into a pvp match and dominate R40 people?

Ascendant

Bolstering is ok but not THAT good, i dont think pve players will dominate pvp. We will see.

Champion

It means one less excuse for newer players!

Rift Disciple

I just don't understand the point. If it doesn't give players equivalent vengeance/valor then what is the point of saying it makes them p36? If it DOES give them the vengeance/valor then what is the point in pvp gear? I really think it's a dumb solution. The one that makes the most sense is just give all players a set of pvp gear in the mail, or a number of tokens to buy the appropriate set for their souls and then just give players a pvp gear set (just like the wardrobes) that will auto-equip whenever they are pvp flagged.(yes I know that was brought up somewhere else, but I hate the search function on this site) It just makes more sense than an arbitrary buff that will more than likely be broken somehow and not really a reasonable fix. I mean giving an ID relic geared player ANY buff in pvp seems kinda wrong. Making pvp gear only viable in pvp makes perfect sense. Making PvE gear only viable in PVE makes sense. They are already "getting rid" of the R1 stuff, why not just give that set out for free and then let players earn the higher rank gear as they pvp. It's extremely frustrating grinding for your first set of gear with 0 survivability. I mean I guess you can have some, but in order to do that you just gimp any contribution you would do for your team. As a healer I am great at helping my team until someone looks at me and I fall over. 2 rogues spamming fan out will kill me faster than I can heal. I'm not QQing, I understand that everybody did the grind at one point, but I guess my question is why do they have to?

Quote Originally Posted by Solisto View Post
    I just don't understand the point. If it doesn't give players equivalent vengeance/valor then what is the point of saying it makes them p36? If it DOES give them the vengeance/valor then what is the point in pvp gear? I really think it's a dumb solution. The one that makes the most sense is just give all players a set of pvp gear in the mail, or a number of tokens to buy the appropriate set for their souls and then just give players a pvp gear set (just like the wardrobes) that will auto-equip whenever they are pvp flagged.(yes I know that was brought up somewhere else, but I hate the search function on this site) It just makes more sense than an arbitrary buff that will more than likely be broken somehow and not really a reasonable fix. I mean giving an ID relic geared player ANY buff in pvp seems kinda wrong. Making pvp gear only viable in pvp makes perfect sense. Making PvE gear only viable in PVE makes sense. They are already "getting rid" of the R1 stuff, why not just give that set out for free and then let players earn the higher rank gear as they pvp. It's extremely frustrating grinding for your first set of gear with 0 survivability. I mean I guess you can have some, but in order to do that you just gimp any contribution you would do for your team. As a healer I am great at helping my team until someone looks at me and I fall over. 2 rogues spamming fan out will kill me faster than I can heal. I'm not QQing, I understand that everybody did the grind at one point, but I guess my question is why do they have to?
    /sigh

Been over this a billion times, giving gear out freely is a BAD idea because it will throw off the balance between pvp and pve. 1.9 will have +hit and having so many with free pvp gear is just wrong considering that pve raiders must progress to get theirs.

Taking gear out will be bad since it will tip the balance to raiders in open world pvp since they will have a gear advantage. Trying to balance around that so that raid gear does not matter will call for a total reconstruction of pvp and will cost more time and money than its worth.

Just work at it like everyone else and stop copmplaining because it used to be a helluva lot harder and now casual pvpers are making pvp a joke to hardcore players and raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    /sigh

Been over this a billion times, giving gear out freely is a BAD idea because it will throw off the balance between pvp and pve. 1.9 will have +hit and having so many with free pvp gear is just wrong considering that pve raiders must progress to get theirs.

Taking gear out will be bad since it will tip the balance to raiders in open world pvp since they will have a gear advantage. Trying to balance around that so that raid gear does not matter will call for a total reconstruction of pvp and will cost more time and money than its worth.

Just work at it like everyone else and stop copmplaining because it used to be a helluva lot harder and now casual pvpers are making pvp a joke to hardcore players and raiders.
    You don't have to take PvP gear out of the entire game. Just normalize all stats in PvP while in a warfront. Thus, warfronts won't be effected by what gear you are wearing (PvE or PvP). Taking gear out of warfronts will not effect open world PvP because Trion devs can normalize stats in warfronts and not normalize stats in open world. Using this method, PvP gear will still be valuable in open world PvP. My method is cost and time efficient and resolves the issue for new players which is Rift is a gear based game.

I don't see how casuals are "making PvP a joke". Hardcore pvpers will always have an advantage over casuals. Hardcore pvpers know their character's strengths and limitations in PvP and are better at positioning. They also know how to spec properly. Thus hardcore pvpers will generally be more effective.
    Last edited by athina; 06-23-2012 at 06:12 AM.

A progression based game that bolsters you to over 50% of the way to top rank if you aren't top rank. Welcome to the Rift community and the things that come out of crying. Whining because the guys who played a month longer than you are ahead of you, and you just have to be equal to them NOW, not later.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-23-2012 at 07:40 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    A progression based game that bolsters you to over 50% of the way to top rank if you aren't top rank. Welcome to the Rift community and the things that come out of crying. Whining because the guys who played a month longer than you are ahead of you, and you just have to be equal to them NOW, not later.
    I don't want to wait for my purple spandex, trion needs to hook me up now.

This thread is getting way off track.

@OP bolstering is not currently to p36 that is the level it will be raised to in 1.9.

Not sure the current lvl of bolstering but when it gets raised to p36 the cap will be raised to p50.

Lastly the debate on relic gear effectiveness has been going on for some time and if you wish to know my opinion it can be found in theeads where it is more relevant.
    ~~ Euthan ~~

It all depends upon what you think you are paying your subscription money for. If you like gear progression and think it's part of the game, you don't have much problem spending a couple of months doing it. If you want to simply enjoy good PvP up front you probably came to the wrong place anyway, but in any case you'd consider those two months to be wasted time, effort, and money. I'm a fully geared R40 but I can fully understand the reason for all that "crying and whining" if it comes from people who simply have a different perspective on what they want the game to be, and I think it's stupid to try to turn that into a real life value judgment or character flaw accusation.

If you like to PvE you expect gear and level progression because progression is what PvE is all about, but a good portion of the people who PvP simply want to PvP. Trion appears to be recognizing that (even if they handle it clumsily), and obviously so do the developers of GW2.

Bolstering only works on low lvl pve gear!!! As soon as u get raid tier gear u wont have bolstered stats.

So whats,the problem lol ;p

Shadowlander

In response to the OP

If you enter a warfront with a certain amount of very high quality PVE gear the bolster will not apply.
    The bolster is also only available up till a certain rank.

If that is not the case for you, please provide more details in a bug report in game.

~Daglar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Da-Chewtoy View Post
    In response to the OP
    Ok, but what exactly does R36 mean? Is it different than P36? Again, I'm new-ish to pvp and again I'm not QQing here, I am just a little confused. I have All HK gear (minus RoS relic weapon) and am currently grinding to get my first pvp set, though now I think I'm suppposed to just hold off and wait to buy the second tier because that will be first tier right? Anyway this is not a QQ thread just asking a legit question.

Just so it's clear, you can still be bolstered while having certain parts of the bolster not affect you.

My rogue has over 1k valor, but still gets bolstered in health I think.

Prophet of Telara

\

If you are truely a skilled PvP player you'd want gear to actually matter not. Where your skill matters not gear.

The way Rift is now is gear>skill. Yes gear in the hands of skill is a killer. But a even playing field your skill still out shines unskilled.

I'm the one who said give 1 set of PvP gear. When you flag you auto change to it. You can't use anything else while flagged.

Now PvP can instead of balancing a toon around the gear and then around PvP. You have to just balancing around PvP.

Now skill plays appart instead of gear.

Only the people who kill others because of gear don't want to change. They will lose their so called skill which is their gear.

Rewards instead of gear? Wanted List. On your shard you can go look. You see X. You get a reward for bring back his head. You kill X amount on the other side you move up the list. You are rewarded. Once on the top 10 you are a marked man.

Rare mounts for being number 1 for X time in a WF. Rare things to wear if you survive in the open World for X time being number 1.

PvP is E-speen. Being pubic enemy number 1 is the ultimate E-speen. "Come get me guys if you can. I'm at X I own your sorry butt:P"

When number 1 is online Emotes say where he is. He Qs for WFs. You know it and Q hoping you get his WF. If in Stillmoor you know it. Come get him.

His job is to stay on top long enough for his reward. Yours is to bring your general his head for your reward. Kill enough on the top 10 and you might just become a marked man yourself

It's a idea. Then just grind gear and I out gear you. I win.

And no parking in town doesn't count as open world

Give Trion ideas other than I have more gear than you I win PvP. They might just think, "yeah! now that's a great idea let's do it."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast