+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Lol @ exp lock

Soulwalker

Default Lol @ exp lock

I can't wait to see the flood of tears from the bads complaining about twinks once pre 50 WFs are empty due to exp lock.

Well this is awkward.

This is pretty much exactly how things are going to play out.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Having been leveling up an alt in warfronts I can tell you that none of the twinks are very good at pvp. The best players are level 50 or leveling up normally.

It is funny you erroneously think low levels won't pop because of no twinks. That is both silly and funny.

What are the baddie twinks going to do when forced to level up and play against people who are actually good at pvp.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I can't wait to see the flood of tears from the bads complaining about twinks once pre 50 WFs are empty due to exp lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    Having been leveling up an alt in warfronts I can tell you that none of the twinks are very good at pvp. The best players are level 50 or leveling up normally.
    Well, I'm sprucing up and modernizing my L40 Warrior for warfronts. He has Armorsmithing and Mining for the best crafted gear that plat from my four other 50's can help him get made, and my R38 Mage can keep him in potions and my R38 Rogue can keep him in runes, and the plat will buy the rest. Will he be a "twink"?
    It is funny you erroneously think low levels won't pop because of no twinks. That is both silly and funny.
    I think he might have meant that with 1.9 only people with one or more L50+ mains can afford to twink their lower level toons? Without xp locking there's no way most players could obtain the same quality of gear without out leveling by the time they obtain it, best I can tell that's the impact of removing xp locking. But yeah, less reason now for someone to alt a new PvP toon, what with levels going from 50 to 60 and ranks going from 40 to 50. That might mean fewer people in the lower rank queues, but the ones that have mains will be "twinks" for every single bracket (just for the xp, nothing personal you understand).
    What are the baddie twinks going to do when forced to level up and play against people who are actually good at pvp.
    Rely on bolstering just like everyone else so they can take some hits but still not do any damage, lol. Die to higher ranks for months! Just like my two R38 PvP toons had to do but without any bolstering at all. Nothing new, move along now. They had to walk backwards in the snow barefoot and uphill all the way to R38, and without any bolstering at any time. I think that might have made them better instead of worse at PvP, and I suspect what teeny tiny itsy bitsy skill I've accumulated with them will help my always to be twinked Warrior level through the brackets just fine. He'll only need a pocket healer, lol (a twinked one would be preferred).
    Last edited by Taptap; 06-23-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Ascendant

Given that pre-50 PvP was much more fun before xp-lock, I imagine we will see more people leveling up through warfronts now that they won't be insta-crushed by twinks.

General of Telara

Can you even really gear out a decent twink in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    Depends on the definition being used for the word "twink". If it simply means being geared better than most other players by buying or crafting the best gear possible for each level then that's a twink, and of course they would be to some degree more powerful than those who don't or can't do that, and with 1.9 removing xp lock that means that only alts with at least one main will be able to do that per alt level. If they even bother, that is, since with 1.9 their mains will now want to be leveling from Rank 40 to Rank 50 and so they'll not even be playing as much or at all in the lower level brackets for the time being. I would be surprised if that didn't impact queue times negatively.

I'm just saying that any decrease at all in the number of players in a bracket will, of course, impact queue times. Regardless, not everyone can twink as of 1.9 because that restriction will return to how it used to be before xp locking allowed anyone to twink who was willing to do so but now they will out level before they can obtain the gear if they can't buy it like the veterans can. This should make it more fun, some say, but I'm really baffled as to why. Both of my now R38 PvP toons went through the lower level warfront brackets before xp locking was implemented, so I missed out on that and didn't play my qualifying alts while it still existed. But my 2nd PvP toon had it easier than did my first simply because my first toon could continually assure that the 2nd one always had the best gear it could have even without xp locking. So all my alts have been twinked at times, I guess, even without xp locking. Like I said, it all depends on the definition of the word "twink". It's usually used in these forums in a derogatory manner rather than to indicate someone who took the time and effort to gear up like absolutely anyone could do until xp locking is removed in 1.9.
    Last edited by Taptap; 06-23-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    It's all relative.

A geared up twink in this game is nowhere near as powerful as they would be in other games. Trion did a good job in designing low level gear and abilities to keep twinks in check.

However, putting any effort whatsoever into gearing a low level toon will make him a lot more powerful than most other toons in low level WF's because the majority of players do not put any effort at all into gearing their toons. Most of the people running around in low level WF's are either half naked, running with gear that's seriously obsolete, or both.

So, relatively speaking, yes you can gear out a decent twink in this game, with very little effort, but you won't be able to create the mini wargod that you can in other games.

I would have to disagree. The ones I've encountered are using tactical awareness, spell rotation and overall good play. They not just going after lesser players for fav farming.

That's the problem with generalization, trying to pigeonhole and style of playing just misses the mark.

Or I wouldn't see poorly equipped 50's stepping into a wf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    I would have to disagree. The ones I've encountered are using tactical awareness, spell rotation and overall good play. They not just going after lesser players for fav farming.

That's the problem with generalization, trying to pigeonhole and style of playing just misses the mark.

This.

I guess people have differing opinions of what "good" really means. Or, they're just spouting more rhetoric to get a rise out of the XP lock supporters.

People also seem to forget the most of the people playing twinks have level 50 toons as well. Many of whom are high ranked and are quite good at PvP.
    Last edited by Meina; 06-23-2012 at 11:41 AM.

There's not that many twinks. I'd say every one out of five players are twinks at most (20%). During peak hours the que is under a minute, so it won't be a big deal. It might make late night warfronts become even more nonexistent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post

None of this is needed when twinks can 2 shot anyone they come up against that isn't also a twink.

PvP in this game is already incredibly unfun thanks to rogues/warriors at 50. They are even worse while leveling up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anraas View Post
    None of this is needed when twinks can 2 shot anyone they come up against that isn't also a twink.

PvP in this game is already incredibly unfun thanks to rogues/warriors at 50. They are even worse while leveling up too.
    Not if you're a rogue or warrior. But way things go, who knows what the flavor of the month will be. I started with a warrior at the very beginning of rift. I remember the nerfs then as well as the nerf to sab.

Trion took any form of tank out of rogues in Whitefall Steppes plus any speed buffs from the carrier.

Personally, I would prefer to see more balance. Also more team play, because that's what it's going to take.

As for twinks, they won't be completely gone. There will always be those that will gear themselves better than others. Maybe a level cap on augments. But some of that has already happen.

On to other things when the 1.9 hits.

Though this thread is in poor taste "Lol @ exp lock". It doesn't lend itself to any meaningful discussion and hopefully will be closed.

I think the sub 50 complaints will center around q times, though maybe the upcoming three-faction pvp system will alleviate this. Though I'd guess at first it won't be as noticeable with some clueless twinks who will roll into these 1.9s garnering up all sorts of xp and let out a real $%*## storm when they level to the next bracket.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast