Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PVP healing as a mage.

Shadowlander

Default PVP healing as a mage.

Id like some advice for pvp healing as a mage.(who would have guessed that) So i have a couple question that im hoping can be answered.

To begin wtih i run choloro/lock 32 chloro 34 lock and then archon for searing vitality. Even in matched war fronts with people my rank i seem to get way out healed by clerics. Now admittedly i do way more damage than them overall but they heal more so im wondering is there some sort of 51 cholo spec that is viable for pvp? I run my current spec cause with cool downs i can survive a little bit against warriors so keep in mind that i still want to be able to survive cause dead = o healing. Idk if a hybrid spec is the best bet or i just haven't heard of the 51 point spec. Also i have tried chlorodom so no need to point me that way.

Next is a healing core for pvp worth it? Bare with me cause idk how to link items from zam but anyways i was thinking valor source machine ofcourse then hailstone tideshard and frozen deep one tear then the rest of the best pvp essences. It seems like it would be worth if for the shield procs especially considering almost of chloro heals are aoe. Now if i looked at it right that would mean losing 50 valor and some stats for the to greaters but it seems like it would be worth it for group healing. Advice and thoughts?

Last question for trinks should i use the pvp trinket with stats and 50 valor or sacred heirloom of eth/ token of warding? This would be a 50 valor loss but it would have lots of chance to proc healing or shield. Thoughts on if its worth it or not?

Keep in mind this is all for healing.

Shield of Telara

Pro Tip: Re-roll

Shadowlander

Pro tip: Fates feel free not to reply to anything of mine if you cant be helpful at all kthxbye

Healing greaters and trinkets (especially shielding ones) are infinitely better than valor essences and trinkets.
    ~Quiescent

What Zaros said. I run 51 Chloro, 10 Dom, 5 Ele.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Shadowlander

I thought possibly 51 cholo 10 ele for the 10% damage resit and then the other 5 somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Webmage View Post
    I thought possibly 51 cholo 10 ele for the 10% damage resit and then the other 5 somewhere.
    I've personally found that the purge, 10% int, thefull cleanse, and the spell reflect are far more useful.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Shadowlander

Ill give yours a shot just thought the 10% was nice and do you beat clerics in healing? I really am curious if chloro can out heal a non derp cleric i mean im fine if i cant but can still do damage and heal but id like to see about the possibility of it.

Ill give yours a shot just thought the 10% was nice and do you beat clerics in healing? I really am curious if chloro can out heal a non derp cleric i mean im fine if i cant but can still do damage and heal but id like to see about the possibility of it.
    A good Chloro will not outheal a good cleric.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight

Shadowlander

Well been trying the 51 point build not out healing the clerics but pretty solidly taking first place out of mage heals but kinda feel a bit squishier with out at defensive cool downs. So i guess it kinda depends on weather or not im getting focus if its worth using.

Ascendant

Pro tip: Fates feel free not to reply to anything of mine if you cant be helpful at all kthxbye
    He's probably better than you in PvP.

Long story short: it isn't worth healing as a mage.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    He's probably better than you in PvP.

Long story short: it isn't worth healing as a mage.
    Just got out of a port sion match that ended 1000 to 753 (so it lasted a while) a mage was tops heals and there were several clerics so id say it worth it. Also it wouldn't matter if every single person in rift agreed he was the god of pvp if he cant be helpful and just says stuff like that i don't need him to bother replying to my threads.
    Last edited by Webmage; 06-21-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Just got out of a port sion match that ended 1000 to 753 (so it lasted a while) a mage was tops heals and there were several clerics so id say it worth it. Also it wouldn't matter if every single person in rift agreed he was the god of pvp if he cant be helpful and just says stuff like that i don't need him to bother replying to my threads.
    Port Scion is a special case, though. I've kept my raid alive through some serious AoE in there by lifetapping those nice, Valorless NPCs and structures. Not to mention, bridge fights typically have lots of splash damage that Chloros excel at healing through.

That said, the best way to go about healing in PvP as a Chloro is to gear such that you have procs that can do some of the work for you, such as the Frozen Deep One Tear, and Hailstone Tideshard greater essences, and the SHoE trinket (DSM or HK). If you're running Chlorodom, then your job is to throw CC around, keep blue bars empty, and heal when needed/on cooldown. If you happen to have procs, Withering Vine actually helps set them off a lot (of course, I wouldn't advocate spamming it when people are fighting, but you could consider it the Chloro equivalent of pre-HoTing in PvP).

I've found that 51 Chloro isn't especially viable in PvP, though Void Life can make it much easier to keep vessel/fang carriers alive if you throw Synthesis on them. Chlorodom affords you extra group utility and some CC that may save you or others (Deny is great as well, but you can spec 51 Chloro so as to get that, too).

Ascendant

Scoreboard Hero
    The amount of healing done is just that, the amount of healing you did.
    It does not provide an accurate depiction of effective healing.

Effective healing is in which you can keep a subject up when they are being bursted.
    If I am a 51 pyro, there is almost no way for a chloromancer to keep up another DPS spec against the amount of damage that I am capable of putting out.

That is part of the issue with chloromancers currently.
    Not only does valor mitigate your effective healing, stack a 50% heal debuff and you might as well not be doing anything for healing.

The best you can do is synth someone and utilize voidlife and nature's touch to keep them up, but again, if they get hit with a heal debuff, you'll be hard pressed to keep them up against any proper DPS spec.

The scoreboard is just that, a scoreboard, but it doesn't mean you were effective.
    A high KB doesn't necessarily mean you achieved many kills, it can mean you stole many kills.
    Same for a high amount of damage, it may mean you were AEing the entire time.

Now by no means am I trying to put you down, but as someone who healed as a 51 chloro all the way to max rank, it just is not worth it in the end. Clerics are pretty much the go to for healing, and there doesn't appear to be much of a chance to change that status quo.
    Last edited by Aguni; 06-21-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Shadowlander

Im aware that the scoreboard can be misleading but while clerics might be better for burst damage the fact still is that the healing bored shows how much you healed aoe or otherwise it still was healing people who needed it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast