+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.9 and saving favor

Rift Disciple

Default 1.9 and saving favor

hello i am a new 50 should i spend favor on rank 1 pvp gear or save up till 1.9 comes and the new tiers come in and will my favor be wiped when 1.9 hits?

Ascendant

save it. The bottom tier will be dropped and the t2 is reduced in cost and becomes your entry level pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    save it. The bottom tier will be dropped and the t2 is reduced in cost and becomes your entry level pvp gear.
    I agree. I have been saving all my stuff (including platinum) for 1.9.
    Hit Hard.... Hit Fast.... Hit Often....

Rift Disciple

so my favor wont be reset right?

No it wont
    Trickle - former hardcore raider.
    Former member of eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Apotheosys, Last Dawn
    World firsts highlights: Maelforge (Infernal Dawn 1.8) & Gelidra HM (Frozen Eclipse),
    Salvarola & Ultane (Grim Awakening)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Troxis View Post
    so my favor wont be reset right?
    Trion will never reset your favor, favor is one of the 'currency' in game.

It have the upper limit though, if you exceed that you cannot gain more favor.

General of Telara

I've been saging favor on my rogue then at 145k I buy an item despite feeling ripped off as it's better to overpay now if you will reach cap again by 1.9

Soulwalker

My alt just reached lvl 50 too - what do u think of the t1 pvp gear? it will be gone, yes - but if u buy some items of the set now, will they change it to the actual t2 gear or is it just a waste to buy them now?

Sword of Telara

I would suggest you save up favor. You can also save up "Marks of Retribution" from pvp rifts. Each of these is a consumable that gives you 1600 favor. You can have a maximum of 20. So... 32000 favor. With the cap of 150000 favor, that sets you at 182000 favor max you can have saved for 1.9 Probably... 1 or 2 pieces of gear.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

I'm saving my favor. Bought a bunch of wrath stones. I finally caved and bought the T2 set gun, but that's it.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    I've been saging favor on my rogue then at 145k I buy an item despite feeling ripped off as it's better to overpay now if you will reach cap again by 1.9
    Just buy crystalized insight when you reach 150k, unless you're maxed out on PA levels.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    I'm saving my favor. Bought a bunch of wrath stones. I finally caved and bought the T2 set gun, but that's it.
    Why buy wrath stones man? Except the one you can put on your shield.. they're kind of worthless. You'll get WAY more out of whetstones... Weapon DPS > Vengence. :P
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbe View Post
    My alt just reached lvl 50 too - what do u think of the t1 pvp gear? it will be gone, yes - but if u buy some items of the set now, will they change it to the actual t2 gear or is it just a waste to buy them now?
    T1 gear is terrible because the stats are so bad that while you have valor you are pretty worthless. If you pve you are better off using that gear.

The t1 gear does not disappear, it is still sold but only as general gear from a PvP vendor. The t2 gear is much more like entry lvl raid gear and is a decent kit so when it becomes the t1 gear in 1.9 and costs less you want to get whatever you can of it.

Atm buying any t1 is a waste because it costs the same as the t2 gear will and won't be required for anythhing so is favor for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Why buy wrath stones man? Except the one you can put on your shield.. they're kind of worthless. You'll get WAY more out of whetstones... Weapon DPS > Vengence. :P
    I realize this now Laban. I'm going back to my mage for a while though. Watch out for Elsing!
    Last edited by Hartzekar; 06-22-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    T1 gear is terrible because the stats are so bad that while you have valor you are pretty worthless. If you pve you are better off using that gear.

The t1 gear does not disappear, it is still sold but only as general gear from a PvP vendor. The t2 gear is much more like entry lvl raid gear and is a decent kit so when it becomes the t1 gear in 1.9 and costs less you want to get whatever you can of it.

Atm buying any t1 is a waste because it costs the same as the t2 gear will and won't be required for anythhing so is favor for nothing

yeah this is what i thought, the t1 are really crappy. my cleric is full t3 atm but my mage is full of pve gear. then i just have to wait until wednesday the new weapons are really great, 806 SP on staf is hard

+ Reply to Thread