+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Streaming PvP and ID in Rift

Telaran

Default Streaming PvP and ID in Rift

Hi. I am a 19 year old college student addicted to gaming and a double major in Media/Film Studies and English. My ultimate goal is to become a creative designer for a MMO but I'm trying to get into the business however I can. So, I'm going to be on-and-off streaming my lvl 50 Warrior Rank 40 pvp and 5 mark piece ID. I am currently 5/8 ID and will probably be streaming Laethys progression as well as premade and solo conquest/warfronts. You can find my recordings at http://www.twitch.tv/betowulf. To be honest I know nothing about streaming, but I'm a quick learner so the quality of the resolution and audio and the commentary should get better quickly. For any guild or premade stuff I do, I'll link in to mumble so you can hear the rest of the crew as well.

Audio is monotone, made my ears ring when I turned it up to be able to hear you. You might try allowing game sounds to come through at a lower output level (enough to hear skills and such without drowning out your commentary) while streaming. And that is one loudass keyboard! You may also want to try a little music as you stream and aren't commenting. Take your time, you've got plenty ahead of you at your age. =)
    I'd be interested in seeing anything else you've delved into other than Rift.

Telaran

Yah. Just doing tests with it right now. I'm deciding whether to buy xsplit for the better audio. And yah... the keyboard is really loud. I can probably fix that by using a headseat mic instead of a usb mic. Other than Rift, I was a member of Aphotic in Aion which was the top pvp guild in NA in Aion for the first year or year and a half. I lead a pvp premade with them and was considered a top pvper. I currently feel that Rift has the potential to have a pvp e-sports scene like WoW had, but it is going to take a push from the community, at least 6 months of new pvp content, and a whole lot of balancing. I think the new attention that Rift is paying towards PvP with Conquest is a huge step in the right direction, but as it currently stands (probably because they don't want domination) premades are not allowed. The pvp will never get to a competitive level without the premade aspect. Without that, one great player may lose because of a bad team that they have no control over.

+ Reply to Thread