+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: PvP ranks at level 60?

Shadowlander

Default PvP ranks at level 60?

Does anyone know what they are going to do with the ranks when the expansion comes out? Are they going to reset them at level 60?

Ask Ashh..

doubt anyone will know till beta
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Kohr7 View Post
    Does anyone know what they are going to do with the ranks when the expansion comes out? Are they going to reset them at level 60?
    Why would they...reset...all those ranks...

O-o

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Why would they...reset...all those ranks...

O-o

Because if they keep adding ranks, the new players we all hope the expansion will bring (let's face it, rift sure needs some new blood) will find an impossibly steep hill to climb before having the option to finally be of some use in pvp, I guess. Imagine a completely new player, who just started playing because he found the expansion's contents interesting, getting to level 60 and finding most of the people doing wfs/conquest are something like, I don't know... rank 70? That would make them flee like heck from the game :P

As getting new levels is a fresh start for everyone, and helps new players fit in the pve scene, why shouldn't the same happen in pvp? I'm grinding my ranks and gear now, but I see no harm in having a clean slate for everyone when the expansion comes

I'd be really happy if they reset all the ranks. There'll be an influx of new players, and if they get their bracketing system in line with the xpac, good things can happen.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I'd be really happy if they reset all the ranks. There'll be an influx of new players, and if they get their bracketing system in line with the xpac, good things can happen.
    I wouldn't mind this either, and it would be neat if we got something cosmetic that wouldn't be recycled later.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-21-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snags View Post
    snip
    They'll do what they did to the original r2 armor.
    They'll remove it and let the next tier up be what people receive.

So currently, you now receive the r4 armor as your startng pvp set.
    Next time its the p6, then p8, etc etc.

Resetting it would cause way...way too many issues, since if the player's rank is reset, they lose access to ALL of the armor that they had previously owned.

They'll do what they did to the original r2 armor.
    They'll remove it and let the next tier up be what people receive.

So currently, you now receive the r4 armor as your startng pvp set.
    Next time its the p6, then p8, etc etc.

Resetting it would cause way...way too many issues, since if the player's rank is reset, they lose access to ALL of the armor that they had previously owned.
    The thing is with 1.9 new people won't be able to get weapons until P25. If they continue to do that then eventually someone will have to climb 50 ranks just to get the T1 weapon. I don't think anyone wants that.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

A rank reset would be nice for sure- there's only so much bolstering and (faulty) matching that can be done, and new players are already frustrated as it is. A reset would make things less painful for the really new players that the expansion may bring in, and give maxed players another reason to get out there again.
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

The old system (current) will fall by the wayside and become legacy stuff i'm sure.
    Last edited by MRFabulouss; 06-21-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Calm As A Bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrai View Post
    A rank reset would be nice for sure- there's only so much bolstering and (faulty) matching that can be done, and new players are already frustrated as it is. A reset would make things less painful for the really new players that the expansion may bring in, and give maxed players another reason to get out there again.
    That, or maybe rework the system entirely. I read a post earlier saying that if Trion had implemented ranked Warfronts near the beginning of the game PVP would've thrived. They waited too long though, and a lot of people left. This could be a second chance for that.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure there's no R40s who'll be seriously offended by resetting the grind. Rolling over new players in a few hits got boring fast.
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-21-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    The thing is with 1.9 new people won't be able to get weapons until P25. If they continue to do that then eventually someone will have to climb 50 ranks just to get the T1 weapon. I don't think anyone wants that.
    No, because the weaponry would probably be phased out as well just as the gear has been phased out.
    I do think a rank reset would e good, but if it ends up costing people their gear, no one will be happy.

Well, outside the newbies.

No, because the weaponry would probably be phased out as well just as the gear has been phased out.
    I do think a rank reset would e good, but if it ends up costing people their gear, no one will be happy.

If the weaponry is phased out we still have the same problem.... The P12 set is removed, and we are left with the P25 set. If we move that down, there's no set for the P50 people.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

I'd be happy. So would many others, just look at the replies on this thread.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast