+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Sab vs RB warrior

Default Sab vs RB warrior

So took the liberty of gathering some data. Had a warrior buddy help me with this (he didnt want his name tagged on to this cuz he knew what i was doing)

Warrior buddy:

10071 hit points
    1363 valor
    1011 attack power
    716 crit

Buffs:

void: reduces damage taken by 8% after hit by a spell
    avatar of water: Reduces damage taken by 10%
    slayers bearing: increase critical dmg and healing by 3%
    planar blade: causes crits to restore energy and resets cooldown of riftwalk and rift summon

Vs.

Gothgirl:

7960 HP
    1321 Valor
    1175 attack power
    1041 crit

Buffs:

exceptional resilience: 42 endurance

Test:

After deuling him, I was down in 8 seconds (according to simple meter). I took the liberty of jotting down the entire combat log

I also ran a parse and collected data of me getting him. he was down in 16 seconds in my sab build.

Amazingly enough, it took me litterally double the time to kill him AND i even timed my rapid set up so it had 10 seconds left on the CD before i began because i wanted to create a perfect setting for both his parse and mine (the warrior perfect setting would be bullrush imo). And in even odder circumstances, I counted the number of abilites that did damage to both of us and both came to exactly 34 untill eachother died...oddly enough

Analysis:

It takes a sab twice as long to kill a warrior and double the ammount of time to deal the same ammount of damaging abilities

Warriors have roughly 20% more hp than a sab

Warriors opener (bullrush) have a 3 second stun. Sabs have a 2 second stun (annilation bomb)
    -is 3 seconds 1 or 2 GCD follow up attacks?

Warrior buffs are far superior to a sabs

Warriors have the chance for unlimited gap closers as well as their 15 second bullrush cooldown

Sabs have shadow shift, Adhesive bomb where we need to place the AoE on the ground, and entangling trap however if you use the trap, they actually need to run over it...in any event. A green word that says "immune" pops up all to frequently to effectively stay away from a warrior.

Theory:

If both of these classes are considered DPS. Why does the warrior get a significant ammount of extra reduction and dmg increasers?

Complaints:

Warriors think Sabs are OP with their Rapid set up/carbet bomb cooldowns

Sabs think warriors are OP due to any number of the reasons starting from buffs to gap closers to doing double the dmg in half the time.

Conclusion:

Odds are against the sab

Final thoughts:

Warriors really dont have much to complain about in my very honest opinion
    GIRLPOWER!!

that's probably because sab is a pure aoe spec.

Void only reduces it by 3% unless talented which is deep in the vk tree and he would be unable to get the other buffs you mentioned, I know zam and other sites soul builders list it at 8% but its wrong, and yes I double checked my lil warrior to make sure.

Edit: To clarify the base is 3% if he is using it as a 0 point, Talented its 8% but like I said cant have that plus all the other goodies and his damage would probably plummet being that high in a tank soul. Not knocking you btw just letting ya know.
    Last edited by Xillean; 06-20-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    that's probably because sab is a pure aoe spec.
    sure, ill buy that however, as im sure you've seen, we've had alot of the warriors that dont particularly care much for the spec. I needed to scientifically test their frustraion (and ours)
    GIRLPOWER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Void only reduces it by 3% unless talented which is deep in the vk tree and he would be unable to get the other buffs you mentioned, I know zam and other sites soul builders list it at 8% but its wrong, and yes I double checked my lil warrior to make sure.

Edit: To clarify the base is 3% if he is using it as a 0 point, Talented its 8% but like I said cant have that plus all the other goodies and his damage would probably plummet being that high in a tank soul. Not knocking you btw just letting ya know.
    Noted thank you
    GIRLPOWER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gothgirl View Post
    sure, ill buy that however, as im sure you've seen, we've had alot of the warriors that dont particularly care much for the spec. I needed to scientifically test their frustraion (and ours)
    if they are losing 1v1 to a sab, then they need to look at their own stuff before worrying about sab.
    also, if anybody is losing 1v1 to a sab, refer to the above statement.

I'm not really sure what this "testing" is trying to prove, but it sure isn't close to "scientific" (or, really, a reliable sample for statistical analysis).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I'm not really sure what this "testing" is trying to prove, but it sure isn't close to "scientific" (or, really, a reliable sample for statistical analysis).
    why not???
    GIRLPOWER!!

why not???

"Here are some random facts about a warrior I know and me.

Here is how long it took me to kill him, and how long it took him to kill me.

HERE ARE MY CONCLUSIONS FROM THESE SUPER SMALL NON-RANDOM (or at least roughly random) SAMPLES.

BEHOLD: SCIENCE."
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I mainly heal in wf's on my cleric. Sometimes I play my rogue or warrior and when I do I go straight for you gothgirl :P I have learned something in my experiences about the so called op of sabs and that is imo they are not. A solo sab has no chance of ever killing my cleric unless im lazy or dont heal, however concentrated fire from multiple sabs down me as it should, the key here is multiple sabs the same can be said for any dps. If a lot of ranged focus me and I dont LOS, kite, run out of their range so they have to get near my team and just stand there like a dumbass then I deserve to get wtf owned.

Also even when you are wearing full pvp gear or close to it if I get to you on my warrior you die pretty quick and no I dont brostrom most the time im not in any rb spec. On my rogue I have had a fun time trying to counter kite you and lobbing my ranged attacks at you seeing who drops who first. On my healer I avoid you at all costs because you seem to coordinate your fire with others and f that it hurts :P All in all when it comes to sab, when facing one solo the odds seem fair enough to me.

my 2c

Oh and in case your wondering my warrior is Phantasmal, my rogue is Kattie and my healer is Xillean. Unlike some people who plague the forums and shall not be named since I dont feel like getting banned I will state my pvp toons names. I dont claim to be the best but I give it a honest effort.
    Last edited by Xillean; 06-20-2012 at 07:29 PM.

"Here are some random facts about a warrior I know and me.

Here is how long it took me to kill him, and how long it took him to kill me.

HERE ARE MY CONCLUSIONS FROM THESE SUPER SMALL NON-RANDOM (or at least roughly random) SAMPLES.

BEHOLD: SCIENCE."
    Im sorry but im having a hard time understanding how your response supports your claim, could you rephrase it and perhaps it would help me better understand your actual point?
    GIRLPOWER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    I mainly heal in wf's on my cleric. Sometimes I play my rogue or warrior and when I do I go straight for you gothgirl :P I have learned something in my experiences about the so called op of sabs and that is imo they are not. A solo sab has no chance of ever killing my cleric unless im lazy or dont heal, however concentrated fire from multiple sabs down me as it should, the key here is multiple sabs the same can be said for any dps. If a lot of ranged focus me and I dont LOS, kite, run out of their range so they have to get near my team and just stand there like a dumbass then I deserve to get wtf owned.

Also even when you are wearing full pvp gear or close to it if I get to you on my warrior you die pretty quick and no I dont brostrom most the time im not in any rb spec. On my rogue I have had a fun time trying to counter kite you and lobbing my ranged attacks at you seeing who drops who first. On my healer I avoid you at all costs because you seem to coordinate your fire with others and f that it hurts :P All in all when it comes to sab, when facing one solo the odds seem fair enough to me.

my 2c

Oh and in case your wondering my warrior is Phantasmal, my rogue is Kattie and my healer is Xillean. Unlike some people who plague the forums and shall not be named since I dont feel like getting banned I will state my pvp toons names. I dont claim to be the best but I give it a honest effort.
    Kattie eh? yeah we've had some good ones. Your pretty good bro. and as for the healer thing, its true. I know a few tricks i can use if a healer can heal through my CD onslaughts however, alls im really trying to do at that point is keep your HP down low enough for me to use a CD again once its up.
    GIRLPOWER!!

Im sorry but im having a hard time understanding how your response supports your claim, could you rephrase it and perhaps it would help me better understand your actual point?
    So is this a troll and a sarcastic thread, or are you seriously not getting it?

It's tough to tell on these forums most of the time.

So is this a troll and a sarcastic thread, or are you seriously not getting it?

It's tough to tell on these forums most of the time.
    Im being honest. I got in trouble for trollin
    GIRLPOWER!!

Kattie eh? yeah we've had some good ones. Your pretty good bro. and as for the healer thing, its true. I know a few tricks i can use if a healer can heal through my CD onslaughts however, alls im really trying to do at that point is keep your HP down low enough for me to use a CD again once its up.
    As much as some here might not like ya, your good at what you do too I am still on the fence if sab is op or not, I am leaning towards in pvp gear no but with pve 4 piece maybe. As far as warriors go yeah brostorm hurts and at minimum I think it needs to be channeled and then maybe a damage reduction of 5-10% or leave its damage but increase the cooldown to 1 min.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast