+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Warrior Biffstorms, this is very Bad.

Sword of Telara

Default Warrior Biffstorms, this is very Bad.

I have been a keeler in this game since Beta and Warrior Biffstorms are so overpowered they are ruining pvp. I honestly think they are more overpowered than para-champs were in 1.3. They need a nerf to damage immediately or I am afraid not many people will be playing this game soon.

I don't like to advocate nerfing classes but this is out of control and is completely ruining pvp in general. I realize this is counter to my previous thread regarding balance but things were never this bad. I can only assume Trion made some changes behind the scenes.

I have said this before but we love this game. I just don't see how having a ranged class this overpowered is supposed to increase anyone's enjoyment. It is honestly horrible doing warfronts and not fun at all. I can't even get a heal spell of before being stunned and destroyed in a matter of seconds. When I inspect these warriors they have a big @ss scythe or spine that increases damage by a lot or something. I can only assume they get away with this because they are warriors and can fly around like the rocket man with on crit resetting ports.

In all seriousness... I'd prefer to not see a nerf to the class nor the damage persay though. I'd prefer to see PVE Raid equipment not in warfronts, and not unbalancing them. I'd prefer to see pvp gear made BiS for pvp... so that Trion can actually try to accurately address pvp balance issues, without making blind knee jerk nerfs. So....

In regards to the PVP weapons getting hit, and the Raider backlash. Lets come to an agreement on things. Raiders are scared they are going to be 'forced' to pvp to get equipment for raiding, and that it will somehow harm their progression. PVPers, from their perspective, want hit since it is a valuable and required stat for the mechanics of pvp.. and they don't want to have to raid to be competitive.

Things that have lead up to my suggesting this:
    * Whining all around, and fear mongering of the "intentions" of each side.
    * The fact that raid relics and crystal bonuses make balancing classes for pvp impossible. Which leads to knee jerk nerfs and crap that hurts both pvp and pve.
    * There IS a need in pvp for the "hit" mechanic.

Create flags for each set of equipment. PVP for pvp gear, PVE for ANY non-pvp gear. You could even have crafted gear not have either of these flags, and thus be usable for both. When a gear with one of these flags is used in a battle type of a form other than it's intent, it looses all hit (or gains an inverse amount of hit).

So, 65 hit on pvp weapons, but when used in a raid or other instanced pve, they are -65 hit. When used in an open world environment, they could be either left at 65 hit or 0 hit. I could care less which. 0 hit would make them still technically usable.. in a "barely" sort of way. But as a pvper, I could care less if it was 0 hit when used on a mob. I would want the exact same for gear gained in raids though. -130 hit on those scythes when used in pvp. THAT would probably remove a LOT of the "nerf warriors" threads we see. Let's face it, having pve gear usable in pvp makes balancing pvp impossible. You have devs trying constantly to come out with new and interesting content with new and interesting items and drops. You then have a different team of devs trying hard as h3ll to balance classes so everyone isn't whining about how op this class is or that class.

Benefits of this system:

* Balancing classes would be far easier, and more accurate.
    * Raiders wouldn't have to worry about having dirty pvpers in their raids.
    * PVPers wouldn't feel like they have to raid to do what they want effectively.
    * No more Scythes with bro-storm getting 80 to 90 kb in a warfront... or MM in all pve gear getting 100+.

Negatives:
    * Raiders couldn't bring their relic weapons and crystal bonuses into warfronts and grow their e-peens.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

That was a great video illustrating your point.

However as long as you sabs say to just LoS and move out of their stuff, I guess you will just have to do the same.

I hate relics too, but have yet to see a player with a sythe that knows what he is doing.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-20-2012 at 05:44 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post

However as long as you sabs say to just LoS and move out of their stuff, I guess you will just have to do the same.
    :P Once I got to the non-mocking portion of my post, you noticed I hope that I would prefer not to nerf warrior damage or ****. But rather an accross the board removal of raid gear usage in pvp, to have a good clean slate for devs to work with when balancing. So you know... they can balance pvp, rather than knee jerk nerf the **** out of warriors into uselessness. Warriors using pvp gear... seem ok to me. It's the ones using spines and scythes (especially scythes) that are going to make it so warriors get the nerf bat. I'd prefer that doesn't happen, warriors are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post

I hate relics too, but have yet to see a player with a sythe that knows what he is doing.
    There's one in MMaC with the Grim Reaper robe, hilarious to watch him literally 2-shot some players.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    There's one in MMaC with the Grim Reaper robe, hilarious to watch him literally 2-shot some players.
    My statement still stands.

LOL @ SKILLSTORM WARRIORS

Rofl, I was running a troll riftstalker build the other day for a few hours (cuz i was bored of sab). Typical skillstorm warrior would run in hit riftstorm and move on as though he'd actually killed his target. lol rofl
    GIRLPOWER!!

Or he realized he was hitting a useless rift stalker tank and decides to move on, rogues talk about rift storm being op, yet rogues being 30 second heroes with rapid set up are complaining so much,

Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    Or he realized he was hitting a useless rift stalker tank and decides to move on, rogues talk about rift storm being op, yet rogues being 30 second heroes with rapid set up are complaining so much,
    naw, it was more than 1 that did it. All typical tardstrom scrubba nubz. It was hilarious to watch. PS, it wasnt useless when i was jackin fewlz left and right. HAHAHAHA
    GIRLPOWER!!

Sword of Telara

I'd love to see sabs unable to run the HK crystal in pvp too. My underlying desire of the thread, is to point out that balancing pvp and classes is nearly impossible with having un-intended equipment bleed through into the pvp arena. This then causes QQing.. which then causes un-needed nerfs. Sabos running just pvp gear are powerful, but not that bad. Warriors running just pvp gear are powerful, but not chuck f'ing norris. Having them use scythes in an already powerful build, is going to lead to nerfing of said build... as they're not going to nerf the item. I'd prefer that warriors kept Biffstorm, and instead adjust to using the same balanced (or at least readily adjustable) gear.

Yea generally if I see guard phase I just move on.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    I'd love to see sabs unable to run the HK crystal in pvp too. My underlying desire of the thread, is to point out that balancing pvp and classes is nearly impossible with having un-intended equipment bleed through into the pvp arena. This then causes QQing.. which then causes un-needed nerfs. Sabos running just pvp gear are powerful, but not that bad. Warriors running just pvp gear are powerful, but not chuck f'ing norris. Having them use scythes in an already powerful build, is going to lead to nerfing of said build... as they're not going to nerf the item. I'd prefer that warriors kept Biffstorm, and instead adjust to using the same balanced (or at least readily adjustable) gear.
    I this in another thread, but another mmo recently disabled the use of relic "on use" abilities in pvp. Trion needs to look at the same fix for Rift. The risk/benefit of using PvE gear in PvP is completely out of whack. If the situation were reversed, raiders would be calling for Gersh's head. Even Vanilla WoW had better balance between PvE and PvP gear. That was 2004...

Ascendant

At least it is "not" the most OP thing in the game...
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 06-20-2012 at 07:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Laban. I'm not sure what the best way to tell you this, but the scythe isn't a big deal for RB builds.

1. Most war damage doesn't include weapon, just AP.
    2. Rift atom is purely AP based
    3. Riftblade attacks that use weapon dps in the damage calculations have 50% contribution compared to other souls. If you were talking about 51 champ, then you would have a case.
    4. Frenzied strike is the only attack in RB/champ that heavily weights weapon dps.
    5. The kraken gives an AP proc that makes it better than a scythe for some attacks.

If you die to a RB and say "#%}scythe".... Its just a mental thing.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

Taking synergy crystals out of pvp is a good idea. The weapons I really don't care about. I mean seriously. Taking out hit benefit everyone but rogues will get a big boost. It depends on where Trion wants to take the game and what they are balancing around. In the end, it seems stupid to deny a player the use of a good pve weapon in pvp. I am not saying it is right but how far do you guy want to divide both modes of game play. Gear, synergy cyrstals, and etc. are a different story.

We did some testing last night with the sab. I think if they removed synergy crystals and in pvp and nerfed the stun the class would work great. An AOE stun that hits 10 people is stupid. No. It is not the 2 seconds. It is the fact they can do multiple times after. I am going to jump on my friends Sab and play around with it tonight.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Snip.
    Seen this coming a mile away
    IM BACK!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast