+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: One major change has to happen before PVP can be fixed.

Default One major change has to happen before PVP can be fixed.

1 button macro specs. They HAVE to go.

I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing 1 button macro specs in Warfronts. You can ALWAYS tell when they're being used because, for example, a warrior will silence you and you're a rogue. :/

I'm not sure of any Cleric 1 button macro specs, nor mages to an extent. You atleast need more than one macro/keybind and utility setups.

But both my Warrior and my Rogue have free use of a 1 button macro build and it's just embarrassing and breaks PvP.

I no longer play either of these 1 button builds because it's genuinely boring. Which is why I'm also not playing Ragestorm Warrior or Nightblade Rogue - both are ******ed builds in their own way. Especially the popular Nightblade build at the moment. I see too many Rogues using it and nobody plays any other specs.

I've seen all of 3 rogues who actually play different specs in Warfronts, and I'm in them ALL the time. The only time I'm not queued is when I'm actually in a Warfront. So on EU, I think myself, Pitrsen, Shatara and Edgaralanpoe are the only rogues I've seen for ages who doesn't use a shoddy nightblade build.

Same with Warriors too, loads of them running around in exactly the same build, failing at life silencing melee classes. These builds need to go, people are too happy to PvP with the easiest spec available and people are just getting loose and slack with skill.

My two penneth.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jawsnap View Post

I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing 1 button macro specs in Warfronts. You can ALWAYS tell when they're being used because, for example, a warrior will silence you and you're a rogue. :/
    so people decreasing their effectivness in pvp by using macros, makes macros a problem in pvp?

Why? If he silences you as a roque he just waisted a gc on you?

When you play your roque with 1 button, well ... you really are a BAD player then ...
    Last edited by Antigonos; 06-20-2012 at 01:26 AM.

If it's a warrior you're likely collateral damage. A lot of us will use Fork to turn Windspear into an AoE.

However as the other poster has said if the warrior wishes to decrease his utility and effectiveness by button smashing let him do so and use his stupidity against him.

Also if you have only one button as a warrior do your faction a favor and retire him.
    ~~ Euthan ~~

General of Telara

I will keep my 2 macro builds thanks, they are there for the mainstream pain bringing so I can focus on wisely using the other 12 hotbar buttons for well timed use to give me the upperhand. If someone wants to waste a key ability in a macro thus not having it ready and wasting a cooldown it's fine by me, makes it easier to kill.

Having said that, don't assume they are idiots, as mentioned above you may just be collateral damage and rather than flipping targets they are using you to silence a caster nearby.

Or it may be that they are not familiar with the rogue or perhaps more familiar than you are - the fact you don't use mana does not mean silence does nothing. I hate my warrior being silenced as it blocks some of my skills and throws me off my flow.

Telaran

So on EU, I think myself, Pitrsen, Shatara and Edgaralanpoe are the only rogues I've seen for ages who doesn't use a shoddy nightblade build.

My two penneth.

I'm sure Pitrsen uses NB, as well as sab.
    And btw there's many more rogues using Marksman than rogues using NB, just saying

Warriors and rogues are typically uncomplicated and gear reliant, whereas mages and clerics are complicated but less dependent on gear. This goes back to the earliest days of RPGs, where casters had pages and pages of spells to choose from, but warriors could only pick from Attack, Defend, Change Weapons, and Use Item.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

I'm not sure of any Cleric 1 button macro specs, nor mages to an extent. You atleast need more than one macro/keybind and utility setups.

But both my Warrior and my Rogue have free use of a 1 button macro build and it's just embarrassing and breaks PvP.

I no longer play either of these 1 button builds because it's genuinely boring. Which is why I'm also not playing Ragestorm Warrior or Nightblade Rogue - both are ******ed builds in their own way. Especially the popular Nightblade build at the moment. I see too many Rogues using it and nobody plays any other specs.

I've seen all of 3 rogues who actually play different specs in Warfronts, and I'm in them ALL the time. The only time I'm not queued is when I'm actually in a Warfront. So on EU, I think myself, Pitrsen, Shatara and Edgaralanpoe are the only rogues I've seen for ages who doesn't use a shoddy nightblade build.

Same with Warriors too, loads of them running around in exactly the same build, failing at life silencing melee classes. These builds need to go, people are too happy to PvP with the easiest spec available and people are just getting loose and slack with skill.

My two penneth.
    Pitrsen ran nb/rs almost exclusively till sab was buffed, but i agree get rid of macro's in pvp, if you dont use them your not going to miss them and your only going to defend them if you do

Telaran

Yes plz get rid of them, so hardware user's such as I can stomp standard users.... (naga).
    IM BACK!

Whilst I agree with almost everything you guys have said. 1 Button Macro specs are still ruining PvP, nobody plays with skill; it's just - "Quick, new patch, browse forums for latest OP spec. WOW I can rage on face with one button! "

Pathetic. I purposely use specs that require coordination, timing and effective use of CD's.

Sure, some of these 1-button specs waste GCD's, but it doesn't matter when it's a P40 Warrior who pretty much level's 90% of what he comes up against anyway. Or she. :/ Just summarising. :P

And they're not levelling people because they're awesome players, these people are probably only even Rank 40 because they've played since release (like myself) - but through gear advantages due to that timescale of pvp-ing, lower geared folks are getting rickrolled by a warrior with a 1 button spec.

Almost calls for a better way to get BiS PvP gear. Earned by skill, not duration played. :/

Ascendant

Whilst I agree with almost everything you guys have said. 1 Button Macro specs are still ruining PvP, nobody plays with skill; it's just - "Quick, new patch, browse forums for latest OP spec. WOW I can rage on face with one button! "

Pathetic. I purposely use specs that require coordination, timing and effective use of CD's.

Sure, some of these 1-button specs waste GCD's, but it doesn't matter when it's a P40 Warrior who pretty much level's 90% of what he comes up against anyway. Or she. :/ Just summarising. :P

And they're not levelling people because they're awesome players, these people are probably only even Rank 40 because they've played since release (like myself) - but through gear advantages due to that timescale of pvp-ing, lower geared folks are getting rickrolled by a warrior with a 1 button spec.

Almost calls for a better way to get BiS PvP gear. Earned by skill, not duration played. :/
    Who cares. I dont use one macro on my warrior. You cannot maximize dps or play well by doing it. Wake up. You guys play a MMO. Mages think they have this complicated macro but only a moron would assume that 99.99% of the total population cannot do it. There are other issues with your idea that are more complicated but for the most part this is absurd. They would have reduce the number of warrior abilities, increase the damage of what was left, in order to create a class as easy to play as a mage which is not what I want for my warrior.

General of Telara

One button macros are no more than a crutch for bad players to give them a chaNEC at being vaguely effective. Any decent player regardless of class uses alot more so taking it away is a minor inconvenience for most and a very bad effect on few.

Rift Chaser

No self respecting warrior uses a 1-button spec. We need that second button to hit Riftstorm. ;)

Seriously, though, I think good players wisely macro certain abilities together so they can pay more attention to their surroundings and in hitting specialized abilities at the proper time.

Ascendant

Rift's macro system is by far my favorite in any game. I missed it horribly in swtor, as well as other games where you end up with a ridiculous number of skills to use.

My mage uses few macros in pvp more in pve. Other classes I am able to consolidate a couple of abilities into one key. This reduces the amount of unique button pushing I have to do and keeps it in a more manageable range. I know in swtor one of my characters had 33 key binds I use regularly.

People using single key press macros are playing poorly. If the are dominating that is a class balance issue not a macro issue.

Again for me the rift macro system is my favorite in any game. It allows longer cool down and situational abilities to be managed in regular rotation without an unwieldly number of keybinds.

Basically you are complaining about being made a squirrell op.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Macros are not the problem, there are a lot of players that use macros but use 15-20 of them on a single build. If people are using 1-2 button maro builds than they WILL get destroyed by others that use many macros or sometimes none. Most that use 1-2 macros either copy and paste them and just go at it and not realize the tue potential of the build they are using or simply make their own and stick EVERYTHING in one macro and have it utterly fail.

No offense but when I face off against 1 nutton macro using warriors, I just destroy them in ways that shame them for taking an easy route. They are not hard to beat, you just got to know the builds weakness because chances are, they don't realize their own weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    Warriors and rogues are typically uncomplicated and gear reliant, whereas mages and clerics are complicated but less dependent on gear. This goes back to the earliest days of RPGs, where casters had pages and pages of spells to choose from, but warriors could only pick from Attack, Defend, Change Weapons, and Use Item.
    lol

10char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast