+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: so there i was...

Default so there i was...

Totally grinding PvP rifts hard to get max rep with the faction, had a few reds come to defend. 2 healers, 1 assassin and 1 sword and board warrior. We were dpsing down one of the healers then all of the sudden...he went blue. The guy managed to drop combat while we were dpsing him down. He healed himself, sat down, drank up, and then continued to heal his comarades. Is this common in PvE shard world combat? Im thinkin prolly not but nevertheless, it was a dirtbag move.
    Last edited by Gothgirl; 06-19-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    GIRLPOWER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gothgirl View Post
    Totally grinding PvP rifts hard to get max rep with the faction, had a few reds come to defend. 2 healers, 1 assassin and 1 sword and board warrior. We were dpsing down one of the healers then all of the sudden...he went blue. The guy managed to drop combat while we were dpsing him down. He healed himself, sat down, drank up, and then continued to heal his comarades. Is this common in PvE shard world combat? Im thinkin prolly not but nevertheless, it was a dirtbag move.
    Did a banner appear?

Congratulations, you got rally bannered.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Did a banner appear?

I didnt see a banner. If you use a banner you drop combat and pvp flag status?
    GIRLPOWER!!

Did a banner appear?

I hate that F***ing banner. It even works on a pvp shard.
    Quesox@seastone
    Formerly Pillpopper@Seastone, Pillpopper@Derpstrike, Queso@Dayblind, Sunrest, Harrow.
    \_/<----see this? this is my care cup, notice how its empty.
    I tend to have very few posts because I find arguing with trolls is difficult because they tend to bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Izraels queso View Post
    I hate that F***ing banner. It even works on a pvp shard.
    wait..what? someone confirm. dropping a banner unflags?
    GIRLPOWER!!

Yes gives you pvp immunity buff for 20 seconds. Just like coming through a portal on a pvp shard. Even if you're in combat and have dots on you, you banner, and use a scroll to teleport to it and boom. PvP immune.
    Quesox@seastone
    Formerly Pillpopper@Seastone, Pillpopper@Derpstrike, Queso@Dayblind, Sunrest, Harrow.
    I tend to have very few posts because I find arguing with trolls is difficult because they tend to bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Dropping a banner gives you the "You just teleported, so here's 20 seconds of PVP immunity".

Well, it's not the drop of the banner, but porting to one.
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-19-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Rally banner. Drop a banner, use a rally scroll, get the 'port in' immunity.

Nerf Quiescent.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-19-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

wow...that is the most ******ed thing i've ever heard...rofl. man, that has got to be the king of dirtbag right there. So...does trion consider this an "exploit" or is this tolerated?
    GIRLPOWER!!

wow...that is the most ******ed thing i've ever heard...rofl. man, that has got to be the king of dirtbag right there. So...does trion consider this an "exploit" or is this tolerated?
    Only potential solution would be to put a shared cooldown b/w banner and scroll (obviously not same dur, but something) on the banner summon, or make it unusable in combat, but I don't know if the latter is desired.

Rift Disciple

this is similar to when you were able to enter a warfront under combat.

funny stuff
    Okooko <Synapse>
    Aerospace Engineer
    Yeah, I fly planes.

Only potential solution would be to put a shared cooldown b/w banner and scroll (obviously not same dur, but something) on the banner summon, or make it unusable in combat, but I don't know if the latter is desired.
    Or they could just remove the pvp immunity buff from the banner. Its not really necessary. I mean if anyone teleports in with a raid to PVP, well... they should be prepared anyways.
    Quesox@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Izraels queso View Post
    Or they could just remove the pvp immunity buff from the banner. Its not really necessary. I mean if anyone teleports in with a raid to PVP, well... they should be prepared anyways.
    I suppose, but there's certainly an argument to be made for giving some amount of time for people to actually load the zone -- I'm a notoriously slower zoner compared to some of my peers.

In the tune of cool stories.

So there was this heal cleric, who actually managed to not find any allies after 5 min (exaggerated) of running and died to my assassin. So then there was this heal cleric who I knew couldn't find allies, they died in like 9 seconds to my NB.

You'd be surprised some of the shady stuff you can do. I even posted most of them once and nobody cared.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-19-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    In the tune of cool stories.

So there was this heal cleric, who actually managed to not find any allies after 5 min (exaggerated) of running and died to my assassin. So then there was this heal cleric who I knew couldn't find allies, they died in like 9 seconds to my NB.

You'd be surprised some of the shady stuff you can do. I even posted most of them once and nobody cared.
    Interesting...i just wonder how some of these nerds manage to figure out those things...bah, i bet its all accidental
    GIRLPOWER!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast