Closed Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Pett
  • 1 Post By Pesmergia
  • 1 Post By Khelendross

Thread: Sad State

Rift Chaser

Default Sad State

PvP is in such a sad state right now in this game. Nothing but threads complaining about this or that (yes I have a few I started before as well), no dev responses just closed thread after closed thread.

As many people have said, Trion didnt intend for this to be a PvP game and I think its days are numbered. Conquest doesnt seem like it will pan out, no new pvp stuff for the expansion either.

I for one am ending my sub and letting it run out. Was fun while it lasted but its not going any further. Might as well bail before level cap increase and another year long grind for gear.

Telaran

I can has you'r shines?
    IM BACK!

Champion of Telara

The funny thing is, PvP is not in a sad state. Its actually improving for the most part. Balance is getting better, contrary to popular belief, sabs and warriors are not completely OP. Clerics could use a little tweaking i admit but its improving overall.

Unfortunately people insist on seeing everything trion try to do in a negative light. I admit they are not perfect but the constant whining is not going to help.

If you feel something is wrong in PvP give suggestions to improve it, explain in detail why something doesnt work. if all you can manage is 'BLAH BLAH BLAH OP NERF NERF NERF' why exactly do you think anyone would even bother to read it? let alone act upon it. Not necessarily applying this to you, but yours is just the latest in a long line of 0 input posts.

And the 1.9 grind? As soon as you feel its necessary to describe it as a grind then you have the wrong attitude. People with that attitude should go play f2p games where they can sink a pile of $ into it and have all the best gear in a day.

I'll get rank 50 because i enjoy PvP, no other reason. No grind, no farming, just a simple case of doing what i enjoy, the ranks will come when they come.

[QUOTE]Conquest doesnt seem like it will pan out...[QUOTE]

You do bring some amazing facts to the table...

Either way... adios!
    Last edited by Warvet; 06-19-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    The funny thing is, PvP is not in a sad state. Its actually improving for the most part. Balance is getting better, contrary to popular belief, sabs and warriors are not completely OP. Clerics could use a little tweaking i admit but its improving overall.

Unfortunately people insist on seeing everything trion try to do in a negative light. I admit they are not perfect but the constant whining is not going to help.

If you feel something is wrong in PvP give suggestions to improve it, explain in detail why something doesnt work. if all you can manage is 'BLAH BLAH BLAH OP NERF NERF NERF' why exactly do you think anyone would even bother to read it? let alone act upon it. Not necessarily applying this to you, but yours is just the latest in a long line of 0 input posts.

And the 1.9 grind? As soon as you feel its necessary to describe it as a grind then you have the wrong attitude. People with that attitude should go play f2p games where they can sink a pile of $ into it and have all the best gear in a day.

I'll get rank 50 because i enjoy PvP, no other reason. No grind, no farming, just a simple case of doing what i enjoy, the ranks will come when they come.
    Riftblades with infinite gap closers, better aoe than mages, is an improved state?

NB/RS with infinite teleport gap closers that shield them, and better dps than Mages, that can go immune to damage with their already obscene mitigation from shield are an improved state? Oh I forgot to mention deflect from Guardian phase on top of shields.

Sab AoE that is currently twice as strong as Mage AoE is an improved state?

Going 100-0 health in 2 seconds with 1450 valor (58% damage reduction) is improved?

No...just no.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 06-19-2012 at 04:26 AM.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post

Ive given plenty of opinions and plenty of ideas in other posts, theres no reason to keep repeating the same stuff honestly. As you can tell Trion doesnt respond to the pvp forums nor do they care much about our opinions. They have mostley pve players and thats who they listen to.

The grind in 1.9 is not the grind I am talking about, 10 ranks is hardley a grind. Im talking about the increase level cap, then will force 3 new sets of pvp gear. Thats the grind I am talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    NB/RS [...] that can go immune to damage with their already obscene mitigation from shield are an improved state?
    Which ability did that again?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Riftblades with infinite gap closers, better aoe than mages, is an improved state?

NB/RS with infinite teleport gap closers that shield them, and better dps than Mages, that can go immune to damage with their already obscene mitigation from shield are an improved state? Oh I forgot to mention deflect from Guardian phase on top of shields.

Going 100-0 health in 2 seconds with 1450 valor (58% damage reduction) is improved?

No...just no.
    Thank-you, you just illustrated the point perfectly.

Where are the reasoned arguments about where the problem is? Where are the suggestions for impriovements?

A list of moans will get you nowhere.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    PvP is in such a sad state right now in this game. Nothing but threads complaining about this or that (yes I have a few I started before as well), no dev responses just closed thread after closed thread.

As many people have said, Trion didnt intend for this to be a PvP game and I think its days are numbered. Conquest doesnt seem like it will pan out, no new pvp stuff for the expansion either.

I for one am ending my sub and letting it run out. Was fun while it lasted but its not going any further. Might as well bail before level cap increase and another year long grind for gear.
    PVP itself isn't in a sad state. You are in a sad state. Its 90% mental my friend.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Ascendant

Stupid Edit Timer! If we nerf anything it should be that damn thing.

Most of this is lies and propagandha. Riftblades do not have infinite gap closers and their AOE isn't much better than mages (nor should it be).
    NB/RS again doesn't have infinite teleport gap closers.
    Sab AOE while fine is better than mages
    There is no way you got to dead in 2 seconds with 1450. Its mathematically impossible since I have 1199 valor and am a paper sab and I last longer than that.
    This all comes down to mages needing a buff (which they do) not anyone else needing a nerf. As always people on the forums always want to hurt rather than help, its why games get to be in a "sad state".
    Rift thankfully ain't there.

The grind in 1.9 is not the grind I am talking about, 10 ranks is hardley a grind. Im talking about the increase level cap, then will force 3 new sets of pvp gear. Thats the grind I am talking about...
    Oh cool, clearly you have some inside info on Storm Legion. Please enlighten us how you came by this information you are so positive about.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-19-2012 at 04:50 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Ive given plenty of opinions and plenty of ideas in other posts, theres no reason to keep repeating the same stuff honestly. As you can tell Trion doesnt respond to the pvp forums nor do they care much about our opinions. They have mostley pve players and thats who they listen to.

I completely understand what you are saying, why cant trion stop adding new content ?

just disregard the other people posting, they are clearly just trolling.
    World first Maelforge! -World First Cyril kalmar! -World Second Murdantix! - World second Laethys!

And so what we have here in this thread are bads crying about being bad, someone complaining about wars and rogs who obviously know nothing about those classes and a random guess as to what content the expansion will bring. Nothing to see here, move along.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ashh View Post
    And so what we have here in this thread are bads crying about being bad, someone complaining about wars and rogs who obviously know nothing about those classes and a random guess as to what content the expansion will bring. Nothing to see here, move along.
    How am I randomly guessing at content for the expansion? Have you looked at any of it? Confirmed level cap increase = level 60 gear grind. Not guessing about that, you think your gonna get your new gear for free?

Hi everyone,

We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave the Rift community. Anmila, we thank you for your feedback and wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread