+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: No xp locking, no wf looting, PvP quests flag on PvE shards

Default No xp locking, no wf looting, PvP quests flag on PvE shards

That is what I gather is coming with 1.9, title says it all.

Surely this will cause the ranks of new 50's to flourish and multiply.

I for one have no intent to level any alts at all come 1.9. I'm just going to finish taking my Rogue from R38 to R40 (or R50 come the Expansion, if I buy it) and my Mage from R36 up to max too, and then I'm not playing any alts at all but I am going to camp gank every single unprotected wannabe PvP n00b low level toon trying to do the open world PvP quests on a PvE server that I can, quests that are absolutely required to obtain some PvP items. That's what the n00bs have coming and I don't want to be the only one missing out on the fun.

From what I gather, at minimum no more Fluffy drops and maybe, just maybe, no more monetary loot (not just no more useless items loot) in wf's.

And no accumulating of Favor that xp locking once allowed.

Apparently, it's all a pretty much a done deal. You know who likes it all? Those who play on the PvP servers and who want to transfer to higher population shards and group farm the n00bs and force open world PvP onto PvE shards, and who will gank the n00bs with their bored R40+ who are waiting on high queue time PvP related things like warfronts and Conquest. THAT'S the truth. As plain as the nose on your face and evident to anyone with half a brain.

I just gotta say ...
    /facepalm

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    That is what I gather is coming with 1.9, title says it all.

Surely this will cause the ranks of new 50's to flourish and multiply.

I for one have no intent to level any alts at all come 1.9. I'm just going to finish taking my Rogue from R38 to R40 (or R50 come the Expansion, if I buy it) and my Mage from R36 up to max too, and then I'm not playing any alts at all but I am going to camp gank every single unprotected wannabe PvP n00b low level toon trying to do the open world PvP quests on a PvE server that I can,
    And i will stand behind that pvp noob and have fun ganking you while you try to gank him ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    And i will stand behind that pvp noob and have fun ganking you while you try to gank him ^^
    You might. Or might not. I'd try to take you out first, the N00b could not damage me. If you're even around, I think you're just trying to sound like the Big Bad Protector. Not the point, anyway, from my perspective. I'm used to PvP and I can stand up for myself. But can that n00b? You can understand that, but choose to go the conversational route you did instead. Right?

Be honest. You gotta be for this and will do it yourself too.

Oh quit it with the wisecracks. I'm just reporting on what is available to read on the PTS forum. You make this about ME instead of about the thread title and I'm going to say YOU are personally attacking me and trying to get this thread closed. So quit it.
    *how* you say things is just as important as *what* you want to say... because this:

I am going to camp gank every single unprotected wannabe PvP n00b low level toon trying to do the open world PvP quests on a PvE server that I can, quests that are absolutely required to obtain some PvP items. That's what the n00bs have coming and I don't want to be the only one missing out on the fun.
    is guaranteed to attract wisecracks, y'know :P Since it sounds petty and childish, to be honest...

Diplomacy (or lack thereof) aside, I actually *like* that random loot won't be dropping in wfs anymore, since it's annoying having all those pop up windows... I always passed or just greeded anyway, so it's not like any of that loot ever went into my inventory :P As long as plats keep dropping, AND Fluffy is the exception to the no random loot rule, I'll be happy

Ascendant

You might. Or might not. I'd try to take you out first, the N00b could not damage me. If you're even around, I think you're just trying to sound like the Big Bad Protector. Not the point, anyway, from my perspective. I'm used to PvP and I can stand up for myself. But can that n00b? You can understand that, but choose to go the conversational route you did instead. Right?

Be honest. You gotta be for this and will do it yourself too.
    "me" stands for any other high rank or guild mate. You know, MMO, massive multiplayer, help each other etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Snags View Post
    *how* you say things is just as important as *what* you want to say... because this:
    <quoted>
    is guaranteed to attract wisecracks, y'know :P Since it sounds petty and childish, to be honest...

Diplomacy (or lack thereof) aside, I actually *like* that random loot won't be dropping in wfs anymore, since it's annoying having all those pop up windows... I always passed or just greeded anyway, so it's not like any of that loot ever went into my inventory :P As long as plats keep dropping, AND Fluffy is the exception to the no random loot rule, I'll be happy
    I was not attacking anyone by name, I was talking about doing a game activity. There's a big difference in comprehending the actual point being made and bringing someone's name into a developing argument. Besides, it's SUPPOSED to be ok to gank some lowbie (or anyone) doing a PvP quest. Isn't that true? If it's true then how can that be childish or petty? Which is my point, of course, that this is a TERRIBLE thing that 1.9 is bringing to PvE servers. And we all know why. Oh, and show me something where the Devs say you will get ANY kind of loot in warfronts anymore, including monetary loot. Show me a link.

"me" stands for any other high rank or guild mate. You know, MMO, massive multiplayer, help each other etc. etc.
    Uh huh, you're all going to run around just protecting your n00bs. You're not going to be elsewhere farming n00bs. You expect me to believe that?

Ascendant

Uh huh, you're all going to run around just protecting your n00bs. You're not going to be elsewhere farming n00bs. You expect me to believe that?
    that obviously YOU cant believe that, i believe 100% ^^

whats the purpose in ganking noobs/low level? Ganking the gankers ist 1000% more fun.

Besides, it's SUPPOSED to be ok to gank some lowbie (or anyone) doing a PvP quest. Isn't that true? If it's true then how can that be childish or petty?
    Saying that you'll go out of your way to gank low rank / new pvp players, because it's fun and you don't want to miss on it? Or using, well, brilliant expressions such as "farm noobs"... well yeah, I call that childish and petty, sorry dude or can't you see the difference between what you're writing, and what Antigonos is writing? (the "ganking the gankers is more fun than griefing lower ranks" attitude. That's the difference between ganking and world pvp)

that obviously YOU cant believe that, i believe 100% ^^

whats the purpose in ganking noobs/low level? Ganking the gankers ist 1000% more fun.
    So, for the record then. It's not ok to gank the n00bs? So really, there's no need at all for them to get flagged for doing a PvP quest? Why then are they getting flagged, so that only other n00bs will interact with them? Be real. And you don't know what I believe unless I say it is what I believe, so don't say otherwise unless you can prove to be a Mind Reader or can quote me. Ganking the gankers, lol, because it's not as obvious as you stated. That's all that flagging for doing open world PvP quests, that MUST be done or just forget being able to gear up properly, is all about? Not about group camp ganking the n00bs just for immature giggles. Yeah, right.

Sorry, edit timer ran out:

It's stated "random loot" won't be dropping anymore, which I take it being all the random greens and pots, and the occasional random blue and purple... not that "nothing will ever drop anymore". So, I guess it's just wait and see if there'll be a clarification... at the worst, try asking a dev during the next conquest test on pts, instead of panicking... they're usually very present and very helpful with questions there

Oh, and: if plats stopped dropping, I wouldn't care that much anyway, to be completely honest... it's not that the money I get in wfs is making me rich, anyway :P

(disclaimer: I think the pvp autoflag on pve servers is bad too, but because there are too many empty, unbalanced populated shards, at the last here in Europe... I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing in populated shards. So I'm willing to adapt, and see how things will pan out. It's just that your attitude is *so* terrible, I felt much more annoyed by it than by the autoflag thing. Because, you know, it's people with your kind of attitude that will cause problems with the autoflag thing.)

Saying that you'll go out of your way to gank low rank / new pvp players, because it's fun and you don't want to miss on it? Or using, well, brilliant expressions such as "farm noobs"... well yeah, I call that childish and petty, sorry dude or can't you see the difference between what you're writing, and what Antigonos is writing? (the "ganking the gankers is more fun than griefing lower ranks" attitude. That's the difference between ganking and world pvp)
    Frankly, I don't care if you like how I worded something about a game mechanic or not, I broke no forum rule and mentioned no one by name. Read the opening post again, it's is or should be obvious that I am against the ganking 1.9 will bring and that I don't think it will help subs. The entire posts ends with "/facepalm". But I do mind you or anyone else taking a personal issue with me about it. Get off my personal back, or feel free to talk about the rights or wrongs regarding the coming ganking mechanic itself on PvE servers. Seriously, shut up about me and stick to the topic or take your trouble making personal related comments elsewhere.

Because, you know, it's people with your kind of attitude that will cause problems with the autoflag thing.)
    Re-read my original post, it ends with "/facepalm". That means I don't like ANYTHING regarding the changes 1.9 is bringing and which I spoke of in that post. In case that needed clarification, but I think it really didn't. It is indeed that attitude AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN FOR REAL that will cause problems with the autoflag thing (or more precisely, the sub thing), exactly my point in that original post. It should be avoided.

I think I get random amounts of monetary loot from players in warfronts, not sure. If that stays then good, it negates one of my complaints. The other 2 still stand.
    Last edited by Taptap; 06-19-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Champion

I understand the auto-flagging, I'm surprised it wasn't like that from the start.

To me it always seemed like the PvP quests only existed because Trion wanted to encourage open world PvP, and instead they ended up giving people a way to get PvP rewards with having to PvP thus doing the opposite of what they wanted and discouraged PvP alltogether.

Who cares? By the time 1.9 goes live GW2 won't be far away. While you are ganking nubs and discouraging them from even setting foot in open world pvp at all (great plan btw) those with more sense will be playing a game built around pvp rather than one which tolerates its existence in order to keep subs.

But yea, trying to keep your fresh 50's down so they get frustrated and either quit the game or quit pvping is full of win. Let me know how that works out for ya. My guess is any new player interested in pvp will be playing the fresh and new pvp game, not this raidfest.
    Last edited by Mako482; 06-19-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Champion of Telara

(disclaimer: I think the pvp autoflag on pve servers is bad too, but because there are too many empty, unbalanced populated shards, at the last here in Europe... I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing in populated shards. So I'm willing to adapt, and see how things will pan out. It's just that your attitude is *so* terrible, I felt much more annoyed by it than by the autoflag thing. Because, you know, it's people with your kind of attitude that will cause problems with the autoflag thing.)
    Eh, Might be just me but i dont see it. This whole thing is the least of the problems that could come with 1.9.

You want PvP Rep, You want the favor that comes from the quests, You want to be able to get the nice shiny things from the vendor. Dam right you should be flagged for PvP. I dont care what shard you may be on, why should you get a free ride to pvp stuff?

Populations vary for a lot of reasons, normally if you find you are getting ganked all the time just try at a different time of day. You might be surprised how much the 'balance' shifts.

Oh, and any PvP-er with a little self respect won't be running around ganking low geared players. No challenge means no fun and no point. Sure you will get the griefers, but dont mix them up with all PvP-ers, we're not all like that. Just like its very rare that i kill any toon below 50, they dont have a hope of winning, where is the point?

Maybe its actually that the community of this game is just not that nice....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast