+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Swtor is fixing PvP faster than Rift???

Default Swtor is fixing PvP faster than Rift???

"All relics have been tweaked for PVP; any previous with an “on use” ability can no longer use that ability inside a warzone. Instead these relics will now provide a passive bonus to the stat they would have boosted on use. Additionally new “on hit” PVP relics can be purchased from PVP vendors."

2 huge issues in Rift that Swtor is fixing in 1.3. C'mon Trion catch up.

Source: http://swtorhub.com/pvp-patch-13
    Shayde@Seastone

Found this gem on the SWToR forums. Best part is a mod closed it saying there's already an ongoing discussion.

I don't think Trion's worried about SWToR getting ahead of them in the runnings at this state in time
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-18-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Wow's version of vengance increases pvp healing. Lucky them. That must be easy to balance healing with between pve and pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Wow's version of vengance increases pvp healing. Lucky them. That must be easy to balance healing with between pve and pvp.
    I've heard that suggested before, and it's a way better idea than a washed-up version of AP.

I don't think copying one more thing from WoW is going to be that detrimental, either.
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-18-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I've heard that suggested before, and it's a way better idea than a washed-up version of AP.

I don't think copying one more thing from WoW is going to be that detrimental, either.
    Agreed. WoW, for better or worse, is the gold standard for casual mmo's. It's matured and balanced itself over what a decade? Companies should use the lessons learned there and stop trying to reinvent the wheel for pvp. Make PvP gear the best for PvP, kthx.
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 06-18-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Shayde@Seastone

The further behind you are, the easier it is to make improvements.

Wow's version of vengance increases pvp healing. . .
    Does it increase heals received or heals cast? Vengeance is currently a weaker version of spellpower for outgoing heals in rift.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    The further behind you are, the easier it is to make improvements.

Does it increase heals received or heals cast? Vengeance is currently a weaker version of spellpower for outgoing heals in rift.
    This what they say: Power increases the damage you do to other players as well as the healing you do to other players in PvP situations.

I'm trying to find out more, but I see your concern.

[edit] Oh lulz apparently only while in a BG or arena you get the bonus, not anywhere else. I wonder how they will fix that.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-18-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    This what they say: Power increases the damage you do to other players as well as the healing you do to other players in PvP situations.

I'm trying to find out more, but I see your concern.
    It's not really a concern, I was just wondering what it did. Looks like Rift did copy it because vengeance works for both healing and damage.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    It's not really a concern, I was just wondering what it did. Looks like Rift did copy it because vengeance works for both healing and damage.
    OH never noticed. Never noticed them adjust it on notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Found this gem on the SWToR forums. Best part is a mod closed it saying there's already an ongoing discussion.

I don't think Trion's worried about SWToR getting ahead of them in the runnings at this state in time
    That aside though Rift really should have done that. You need +hit to land abilities on players. I see no reason why PvP gear/weapons couldn't provide exclusive mechanical stats to determine hit/landing abilities on players. That way you can use gear from the cross realm of the games itemization if you meet the required amount that you have to use certain gear for.

You need enough pve gear to meet hit requirements. You still can pvp just fine without pvp weapons. 132 hit @ r50 is a joke still and you can just skate by with pve weapons if you have better ones. They missed the entire point I think. You blow without +hit/focus in pve as it is hit or miss. You do kind of blow without valor but properly played you can do it, and it's not an all or nothing thing. Many people scale down their valor and perform fine. I don't see what would be wrong with blowing at pvp entirely without pvp weapons that have player styled hit/focus. Then they can itemize the desired stat in a controlled area and not effect pve. They tacked down the hit amount in the name of pve relevance. Which means they are concerned about it's role in pve. If they did a diff sort of plan it would make more sense. Meh, pvp itemization is just so lazy compared to pve. Problem is it's not that it's even that hard I don't think.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I still say make PvE and PvP gear identical stat-wise (with different skins, naturally) and add a buff / debuff system to instanced PvP (or all PvP situations if they can pull it off) to account for the differences between the two.

This would solve so many problems from a game play standpoint, from a development standpoint and from a "They're gear is better than ours!!" standpoint.
    Last edited by Meina; 06-18-2012 at 01:48 PM.

The original article addresses pretty much every complaint about pvp in Rift, from gear as a fresh 50 to Relics disabled in wf's, lots of Quality of Life fixes.
    Shayde@Seastone

PvP relics... so you can get relics for AFKing in warfronts..

Genius, it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    PvP relics... so you can get relics for AFKing in warfronts..

Genius, it really is.
    The original article addresses pretty much every complaint about pvp in Rift, from gear as a fresh 50 to Relics disabled in wf's, lots of Quality of Life fixes.

Genius, it really is.
    Shayde@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    "All relics have been tweaked for PVP; any previous with an “on use” ability can no longer use that ability inside a warzone. Instead these relics will now provide a passive bonus to the stat they would have boosted on use. Additionally new “on hit” PVP relics can be purchased from PVP vendors."

2 huge issues in Rift that Swtor is fixing in 1.3. C'mon Trion catch up.

Source: http://swtorhub.com/pvp-patch-13
    Since when has Rift had an issue with on-use trinkets? Or did you see the word relic and jump to conclusions?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast