+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Warriors are OP too.

Default Warriors are OP too.

Let's not have 4 pc HK sabs get all the attention now.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Let's not have 4 pc HK sabs get all the attention now.
    Really? People think warriors are OP? Thanks for bringing that to our attention.
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

Clerics and mages are OP too.

I was in my PvE gear and I got fulmanited for 90% of my health. Then I got Sanctioned and Deprived for all of my health ++.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Everyone's OP in this game; problem is making everyone equally OP.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-18-2012 at 09:36 AM.

As a 4pc HK Sab, I get all the attention.

And by attention, I mean everyone kills me.
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-18-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    Really? People think warriors are OP? Thanks for bringing that to our attention.
    hahaha, the secrets out. must be all those 1 and 2 shotting entire raids thats starting to turn a few heads...maybe....
    GIRLPOWER!!

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    That is a very good statement actually.

Exactly, i've quoted this myself before in a way.

The thing is at present every calling has one spec that is disproportionately high damaging in comparison to the current health pools.

Champ/RB
    Pyro/Dom
    Sab/MM
    Inquisitor

What they really need to do is deflate the high powered abilities damage in order to inflate the damage of the spells/skills that currently need work rather than over-inflating DPS like they already have. Don't get me wrong i like my combat to be fairly quick but at present its so ridiculously "over" that you dont even have the time to see a single GCD with id argue over half of the other "viable" specs in the game.

Champ RB needs bro-storm to scale properly vs single targets and multiple so it doesn't do ridiculous single target dps. Lingering wounds needs to be scaled down.

Sab/MM needs high explosives scaling down (since they do twice as much as 90% of DoTs) and perhaps other stuff like annihilation bomb etc.

Squirrel DR needs sorting out because at present its far too "gimmicky" in PvP and really ruins the potential of like.. every other mage spec...other than Pyro-Dom and maybe a well played Chloro-Dom.

The trouble is we just went through a massive "heals nerf" and simultaniously we had a "rogue buff" and "warrior buff"so naturally we are all suffering at the moment because of our lowish health pools and sustained heals combined with the generally high damage output of single target DPS specs.

This is what Trion should do:

1) Pay attention to how altering things in synergy affect the metagame a little more.. i mean the way that the mage patches have panned out since 1.5 we have taken HUGE nerfings because of things like physical damage v's elemental damage alterations in combination with removing detaunt and phase shift and useful escape CC.

2) Scale all currently high damage down, look at your weaker abilities and compare them to the higher damage abilties and try to bring down the powerful abilities to reasonable levels and then instantly all weaker abilities become a little more useful in the meta-context. If they aren't fully optimal then scale them up a little bit or alter etc.. thats trions job to work all that out, not mine :P

3) Have a re-examination of all available CC abilities in the game and apply the same principle, scale down the spammable stupid ones and scale up the less used/useful ones.

4) Re-evaluate the gear and also id argue the stats, elemental mitigation should pay off more in PvP IMO otherwise it makes skills that boost elemental mitigation useless in PvP and therefore wasted points. All they need to do is alter the current Focus/Resistance values so that instead of stripping 2 points of resistance for every focus it works more in harmony with the general gear that high level players will use (both PvP and PvE) and still provides some kind of benefit perhaps only a PvP only change.

I think something like 0.33 would be correct so 1 focus will strip 0.33 resistance.

That way if you have 300 focus you will strip 99 elemental resistance from a player, the highest resistance possible is something like 120 without vials/planar protection etc and not including the sigil and since the new PvP gear will have focus on it it would make a lot of sense.

Look, heres the bottom line. Most people want/enjoy a challenge. Its impossible for a challenge when everyones got the cheeze card....so, its ultimately become a giant cheeze sammich and warriors seem to get extra cheeze
    GIRLPOWER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I was in my PvE gear and I got fulmanited for 90% of my health.
    lol what were you fighting an r12?

Plane Touched

just remove all pve gear from wf's, with 1.9 coming everyone will have hit. Perfect time to be implemented

Problem solved.

I can make anyone OP. Pocket Healing is fun.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

tacos are king!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    tacos are king!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCg-1ObwJGY
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    I...love...you...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast