+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: WFs this weekend

Default WFs this weekend

So...its not big secret, Im a sab <3

The librarys this weekend were pretty brutal for me. It ended up being the warriors and the healers that were the problem in my experienced opinion. Sure i managed to get top damage done in a majority of the librarys this weekend but i was deff lackin in the KBs. I couldnt help but notice the ammount of red names on top in probobly 90% of them. There was only 1 decent WF i had all weekend where both teams had amazing healers and nobody was dying. That particular WF had 1 warrior in it. Strange how fun it gets when nobodys getting rift stormed to oblivion either way, I managed to get over 700,000 dmg done and the heal parses were just as bonkers!
    GIRLPOWER!!

Another Sab thread?, seriously?

Can you keep it to one, kthnx.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    Another Sab thread?, seriously?

Can you keep it to one, kthnx.
    huh? I was actually hoping to get people to talk about their experience in Library this weekend....as stated by the topic of the thread. kthnxbi
    GIRLPOWER!!

Voidknight here, lvl 38 and tanked 100k to 150k without healers. Started experimenting with palladin, but that was just a little bit less awesome, but still great for the melee units. Decided that if anyone calls VK underpowered, i'd have to disagree. I've had some sabs after me, but the riftstorms were still worse. Also i found out the VK AoE's are quite badass themselves (one match i was top 'dmg take' and 3rd /4rth damage done).

Makes me wonder how much i could do if i had a healer. Also frequently changing specs between Palladin and VK during a wf worked out very very well. Just to keep people on their toes.
    "What if it is He, pushing us down with his Noodly Appendages, that causes this force?...And the fact that the Gravitational powers of the Spaghetti Monster haven't been disproven makes it all the more likely to be true."

- The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

General of Telara

Weekend was a mixed affair for me. Saturday was a bad day to be a guardian. Must have lost almost all games and of course just to rub it in, the one time I was defiant we lost... So maybe it is just me sucking so bad I drag the team down with me. Sab, MM, NB, I was brutalized in every spec,got some kills when players were lured from the pack and their healers but otherwise bad times.
    Sunday was much better, found we won alot more and the games were close. I really got to stretch my sab legs and man it was fun. Warriors are deadly if they focus on me butt least I can escape them. They are dangerous but far from God's and as many rely on riftstorm once you escape that things are ok. It is still and has always been mages that concern me the most, with no need to get close to me, the ability to squirrel me or my healer and fireball/combust me dead barely before I even see the sneaky bugger there makes them a force to be reckoned with. Preparation with traps snares and havingrunspeed offer me little protection

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Gothgirl View Post

The librarys this weekend were pretty brutal for me. It ended up being the warriors and the healers that were the problem in my experienced opinion. Sure i managed to get top damage done in a majority of the librarys this weekend but i was deff lackin in the KBs. I couldnt help but notice the ammount of red names on top in probobly 90% of them. There was only 1 decent WF i had all weekend where both teams had amazing healers and nobody was dying. That particular WF had 1 warrior in it. Strange how fun it gets when nobodys getting rift stormed to oblivion either way, I managed to get over 700,000 dmg done and the heal parses were just as bonkers!
    I had a pretty good time this weekend. I didn't play much on Saturday, but I did at least 20 Libraries on Sunday, and it felt like we won more than we lost. I would agree that Warriors are still the keys to victory, along with healers. Especially in Library.

A Sab can help, sure, but Library is all about holding vessels and killing carriers. RB/Champs are generally great at both, with high HP pool and high ST burst damage. Sabs are weak at both, with mediocre HP pool, no survivability, and mediocre ST damage.

PvE gear needs to go, for sure. I think that's really the biggest problem; there'd be fewer calls for nerfs if we had no Orange weapons and HK Crystals running about blowing stuff up in a few GCDs.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Ascendant

For the most part pvp was pretty bad. The games seemed to be more fun with a good mix of classes on each side. Each side also needed at least three healers. The only time pvp got stupid was when one side had multiple sabs. For the most part pvp is fun in this game excluding the damaging impact rogue sabs have on pvp balance. One rogue sab is bad enough but several of them actually ruins the pvp experience completely.

The healer I was queing with actually gave up and said enough is enough. We normally pvp all weekend but rogue sabs are so out of control she was not having fun. I mean it was stupid. Reminds me of bright wizards in warhammer.

Ascendant

Oh yea. So tried to find another healer to que because I am stubborn and guess what. None wanted to try until rogue sabs get the nerf bat. Sad really.

Ascendant

any weekend any wf, i kill them all. But not with sab, sab is a useless AE machine ... mucho dmg, no kills ...

ps: I mostly play with a good dominator mage. Perfect!
    Last edited by Antigonos; 06-18-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Plane Walker

Lack of warriors and healing gone crazy = lack of healing debuff.
    I think this speaks more to the tuning of lingering wounds than rift storm.

Before you jump on me saying I am defending rift storm I have yet to run a spec with rift storm in 1.8.
    Koz

I won't flat out say that Library is a terrible map, but as a warrior who usually solo queues or duo queues w/ a NB rogue, I do often find it boring. I understand 5v5 premade battles are more interesting in Black Garden or Library, but this weekend I couldn't really do more than a few games in a row without being bored out of my mind and taking a break.

Are you on Wolfsbane, Gothgirl?

Anyway, I played probably a combined total of 3.5-4h this weekend. Pulled in about 62k prestige. Played as MM (49 MM/17 Sin; 51 MM/15 Rgr w/ 2pc HK) and Bard (34 Bard/32 Riftstalker). Got really mad every time I'd play bard and none of the terrible marksmen left on my team would Eradicate key buffs off people -- no wonder people think NB/RS and RB are so OP.

Had probably a handful of deaths in the hour or so I played Saturday -- got on the losing side of some savage pug stomps -- and had four deaths on Sunday (one was a trade with a RB, and the other was due to Sab++; all were while in Marksman). Came close a few times but had people save my bacon. Usually finished atop the leaderboards for KBs (but not damage), with the only reliable exceptions being when Hosss@Gnarlwood was in flashing his shiny relic weapons. ;)

Was a pretty solid period of PvP. Wish I had had more time to grind out.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Are you on Wolfsbane, Gothgirl?

Anyway, I played probably a combined total of 3.5-4h this weekend. Pulled in about 62k prestige. Played as MM (49 MM/17 Sin; 51 MM/15 Rgr w/ 2pc HK) and Bard (34 Bard/32 Riftstalker). Got really mad every time I'd play bard and none of the terrible marksmen left on my team would Eradicate key buffs off people -- no wonder people think NB/RS and RB are so OP.

Had probably a handful of deaths in the hour or so I played Saturday -- got on the losing side of some savage pug stomps -- and had four deaths on Sunday (one was a trade with a RB, and the other was due to Sab++; all were while in Marksman). Came close a few times but had people save my bacon. Usually finished atop the leaderboards for KBs (but not damage), with the only reliable exceptions being when Hosss@Gnarlwood was in flashing his shiny relic weapons. ;)

Was a pretty solid period of PvP. Wish I had had more time to grind out.
    im in wolfsbane....for now yeah...and yah as for MM...ive been running it in WFs since 1.4....im so sick of it. Im almost positive i was marked for quite a few fights since im a known sab. There was just soooo many warriors and healers this weekend it was nuts (in my quing experince anyay). I swear to god the healers all went to 1 side. those were some awful match ups....probobly great for the winning team though. lol
    GIRLPOWER!!

Rift Chaser

im in wolfsbane....for now yeah...and yah as for MM...ive been running it in WFs since 1.4....im so sick of it. Im almost positive i was marked for quite a few fights since im a known sab. There was just soooo many warriors and healers this weekend it was nuts (in my quing experince anyay). I swear to god the healers all went to 1 side. those were some awful match ups....probobly great for the winning team though. lol
    I was in a few where we had a ton of Clerics. It's not great. Not at all. Not a single one of us is a credible DPS threat. I switched to DPS for four or five matches, and came in 2nd or 3rd for Damage Done (on my team, 5th or 6th overall), but never had more than 3 or 4 KBs. Clerics can't seal the deal without the PvE gear, and thus are pretty awful in large numbers. And I've got 0 PvE gear.
    Last edited by Velkane; 06-18-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

I've been playing bard since beta, and I'm still not sick of it. Underwhelmed, sure, but not sick. ;)

Edit: Oh, and I had asked b/c I think I got a couple with you. You were getting worked a fair bit so you may have been marked.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-18-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast