+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What happens to gear in 1.9?

Soulwalker

Default What happens to gear in 1.9?

Hey everyone, I have a quick question.
    I'm a warrior, just started playing Rift again, and right now I haven't gotten any PvP armor, but i have about 40k favor saved up. When patch 1.9 comes out, and the new armor tier comes out, will tier 1 be dropped, and tier 2 takes its place? Like, should I save my favor for the patch or will tier 1 cost the same that it does now? Sorry if this is a bad question, I don't know anything about the Rift PvP system. (Yet). Thanks

Save your favor till 1.9, the lowest set will be removed and replaced with the set above it.

Favor costs are supposed to drop as well.
    ~~ Euthan ~~

Telaran

Default Depends

It depends on how much you pvp. If you don't pvp much, you may want to wait. If you do pvp a lot, its better to acquire gear, knowing the price will be going down - because you can probably get that gear you need and earn still more favor in the meantime.
    Malg, Rogue pr50
    Nalg, Mage pr40

I checked the test server out and the floor goes up a tier with costs coming down tangibly. I have a handful of Criterion to pick up (and a bunch of weapons), so I'm holding off and buying things that aren't getting a cost reduction (essences) when I get close to cap.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Telaran

Default Sigil?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I checked the test server out and the floor goes up a tier with costs coming down tangibly. I have a handful of Criterion to pick up (and a bunch of weapons), so I'm holding off and buying things that aren't getting a cost reduction (essences) when I get close to cap.
    So is it just new armor/weapons on test? Sigil and essences and whatnot are still the same? (I actually WANT that to be true)
    Malg, Rogue pr50
    Nalg, Mage pr40

Quote Originally Posted by Malg View Post
    So is it just new armor/weapons on test? Sigil and essences and whatnot are still the same? (I actually WANT that to be true)
    There are new essences, sigils, runes, and an honest-to-god epic trinket. The glove rune in is +13 dex/+14 vengeance, BIS by miles for rogues. And the sigil is +50 vengeance, I believe.

Lessee... Rogue trinket has 17 str / 21 dex / 30 end / 50 valor / 40 vengeance. 75k favor from the Conquest merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Malg View Post
    Well, let me clarify. The P6/P8 weapons and armor are being reduced in cost. The sigil/source machine and essences are, afaik, staying the same.

There are NEW ones coming in as well, for all categories.

Also stop throwing charges at me.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-18-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread