Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Nerf Rogue Sab Already. Do it now.

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,602

    Default Nerf Rogue Sab Already. Do it now.

    Warfronts have turned into be total garbage due to rogue sabs. We just did a library with three rogue sabs and everyone got blown up so fast no one could do anything. The healer could not heal. Warriors got blown up in a matter of seconds. The combination of AOE slow, stuns, landmines.

    This is the worst pvp I have ever played and all due to one broken and completely overpowered class. A complete cluster of epic proportions. Rogue sabs are so overpowered classes cannot even react. The combination of land mines and running around while throwing AOE charges make for a joke class. If you do not nerf rogue sabs before 1.9 any pvpers you have left will be long gone.

    Rogue sabs need a huge nerf. Take them out of pvp. It is that bad. You need to go back to the drawing board on the soul. Look:

    1) I would not mind the damage if they were melee but they are not.
    2) I would not mind the stun if it was melee and was not a proc.
    3) I would not mind the slow if it was not AOE.

    It is stupid, broken, and makes for a horrible experience in pvp. If rogue sabs are not nerfed by 1.9 PVP is going to serve to actually pull subs away from the game. It is that bad. Why do I want to que a warfront and get rank 40 to have some **** run around and using no skill carpet bomb everything to death.

    Apparently Trion has a different idea of fun or what makes money because right now PVP is a low point in the game.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    How in the hell are rogue sabs, in there current state, even implemented in the game.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara kronor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Trion take a look at riftblade whilst your at it

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    How is this any different from cabalists or warriors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  5. #5
    Ascendant wickede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    stop posting in every thread about sabs please majorin.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    This almost makes me want to load up right now and go sab because after reading this I have it in my head I could demolish a 15 man team without a single player behind me, if I wanted to. After all. I'm a sab. Sort of like how Rift stalkers could run flags with 65 people on them from one base to another in 24.2 seconds.

    Sabs need a major buff. I say change ST and aoe charges to 10% hp per charge and change the max to 10 charges on a player. I want to be able to rapid setup 1 shot a raid.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser MannSeastone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Majorin is kind of like the Michael Moore of these boards: perpetually outraged about everything save his own agenda and too odious to concede a point to even when he gets something right. Sorry, but Rift Storm and Lingering Wounds are first in line for nerfs.

    Majn
    Be healed and be well.

  8. #8
    Champion Synergis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Sabs are fine. Pve synergy crystal using sabs on the other hand....

    GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Warfronts have turned into be total garbage due to rogue sabs. We just did a library with three rogue sabs and everyone got blown up so fast no one could do anything. The healer could not heal. Warriors got blown up in a matter of seconds. The combination of AOE slow, stuns, landmines.

    This is the worst pvp I have ever played and all due to one broken and completely overpowered class. A complete cluster of epic proportions. Rogue sabs are so overpowered classes cannot even react. The combination of land mines and running around while throwing AOE charges make for a joke class. If you do not nerf rogue sabs before 1.9 any pvpers you have left will be long gone.

    Rogue sabs need a huge nerf. Take them out of pvp. It is that bad. You need to go back to the drawing board on the soul. Look:

    1) I would not mind the damage if they were melee but they are not.
    2) I would not mind the stun if it was melee and was not a proc.
    3) I would not mind the slow if it was not AOE.

    It is stupid, broken, and makes for a horrible experience in pvp. If rogue sabs are not nerfed by 1.9 PVP is going to serve to actually pull subs away from the game. It is that bad. Why do I want to que a warfront and get rank 40 to have some **** run around and using no skill carpet bomb everything to death.

    Apparently Trion has a different idea of fun or what makes money because right now PVP is a low point in the game.
    Oh look. It's a Warrior named Majorin who has been in every single thread over the last month complaining about how ranged DPS should never do anywhere near what melee can do in terms of damage. I feel we should take his concerns seriously as his points of view are undoubtedly well-founded, thought out and supported with substantial evidence.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Trion take a look at riftblade whilst your at it
    This
    More words
    ~Quiescent

  11. #11
    Ascendant bitnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    Hi, I'm not sure that you are aware of this, but there already is a thread on this topic here: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-very-bad.html

    You may not also know that it recommended that you use the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    I agree that sabs to be looked at (for pug pvp - and this is seemingly what pvp is balanced around) BUT because it's this joker making the point, I think sabs are fine, nerf clerics more.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    I think there is a problem with Sabs stuns and silence's ignoring the DR rules. I am not not sure yet. Maybe someone else can test it.

  14. #14
    Champion of Telara Kajib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    stun>silence>knockback> dots> dead warrior!

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    I think there is a problem with Sabs stuns and silence's ignoring the DR rules. I am not not sure yet. Maybe someone else can test it.
    It's possible. There was definitely some issues with DR rules in Conquest on the PTS. Not sure what was causing it but I was being chained stunned non stop in a few spots, and it wasn't just from sabs I think it may have been a general bug with DR. I haven't noticed it on live though.

    Oh and the OP is a terrible terrible player if he can't avoid sab damage. We are very easy to counter.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-17-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts