+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Sabs make better mages

Default Sabs make better mages

Sabs have all the CC and burst I expect a mage to have minus the setup.

Who cares about setup though when you can do it 10 more meters than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post

Who cares about setup though when you can do it 10 more meters than anyone else.
    its pretty slick eh?
    GIRLPOWER!!

I hate to say it but I agree.

=(

You too? With the "quick, talk about something else so we all forget how imbalanced Warriors are"?
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Uh CC hell no. But burst definitely. Stormcallers need a buff considering they are the "aoe soul" As do cabalists really. Both have kinda fallen behind.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-17-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    You too? With the "quick, talk about something else so we all forget how imbalanced Warriors are"?
    I died four times tonight.

Three times were to Sab(s) blowing cooldowns. Once was to a Warrior who two-GCD'd me*. Nerf Sabs (and me wearing 2pc PvE gear).

The cooldowns are pretty silly tbh. I wouldn't personally clamour for a nerf but I did have to laugh at it.

* He dropped me with pre-loaded Rift Surge + Frenzied Strike + Rift Strike, and I also may have helped it along by using Rapid Fire Shot because OH GOD THE BURNING BLOOD/RIFT SURGE, though the actual deathblow came in the form of Storm Burst 2s after he was dead (because I similarly dropped him -- from the 40% he was down to -- with pre-loaded RFS + insta Shadow Fire), which was puzzling.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

10m more than warriors you mean? Sab and Mage have equal range.
    Shayde@Seastone

He's right though, Library weekend made it really apparent. I think we proved our point re: Rift Storm and Lingering Wounds being overpowered and I'm not surprised the conversation has moved on.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Rift Disciple

Saboteur may have the crowd control, the burst damage, (potentially) longer range, acceptable ST damage and the maneuverability... but Stormcaller has a combat rez!

Last edited by Robotnik; 06-17-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    He's right though, Library weekend made it really apparent. I think we proved our point re: Rift Storm and Lingering Wounds being overpowered and I'm not surprised the conversation has moved on.
    Meh, if you think it's adequate than maybe it is. My opinion on Warriors was bolstered today, I decided to run on my alt and good lord lol... Just, good lord.

Edit: But yeah, the Sab 4pc is as ridiculous as Warriors are. Only thing it doesn't have is a healing debuff, but the things it does without a healing debuff are without a doubt overpowered. Synergy crystals need to stop working in PVP, at the bare minimum.
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-17-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Meh, if you think it's adequate than maybe it is. My opinion on Warriors was bolstered today, I decided to run on my alt and good lord lol... Just, good lord.

Edit: But yeah, the Sab 4pc is as ridiculous as Warriors are. Only thing it doesn't have is a healing debuff, but the things it does without a healing debuff are without a doubt overpowered. Synergy crystals need to stop working in PVP, at the bare minimum.
    It does have a lot more flexibility/mobility though. Just watching sabs casually strafing in the back line throwing bombs and charges out. Stormcaller and Cab have to stand and cast. Warrior has to move into front line. I think that's the difference you notice.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Its only rogues that benefit from these bonuses, i never see mages/clerics/warriors using their 4 piece even if they have them. The damage output they can do with this gear is insane, having higher mobility and higher damage is a huge advantage vs everyone else, why they have kept these in for so long i have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Its only rogues that benefit from these bonuses, i never see mages/clerics/warriors using their 4 piece even if they have them. The damage output they can do with this gear is insane, having higher mobility and higher damage is a huge advantage vs everyone else, why they have kept these in for so long i have no idea
    Because PVE crystal bonuses are a joke for pvp mage wise, they are good for pve dps only, unlike other classes.
    Effei - Seastone
    Dawn of Terror

Who needs swag when we will be in melee shredding you apart with Harbinger.

Curious, how long does it take to setup sab aoe? What's the basic pvp rotation (for different situations if relevant)?
    Last edited by Inixia; 06-17-2012 at 08:56 PM.

To go 4pc sab you would have to wear far less valor than my toon does, and my sab half the time only gets a round of charges off because of rapid setup. There is no such thing as a 4pc sab threat. It's like killing a leveling 45 mob. Even so yet to see anything amazing from one and I play sab all the time without any 4 set. So either 4 set isn't amazing, or other sabs suck and I am. Honestly banking more towards the first. Skill curve isn't high enough for me to be amazing.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-17-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast