+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Nova Dark

Thread: Defiant's Guide to Library of the Runemasters (Video)

Default Defiant's Guide to Library of the Runemasters (Video)

Last edited by Nova Dark; 06-17-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Another major guide for either side is to get an RS spec with BD sprint. 9/10 times you can actually steal the enemies nearby top vessel. If your team didn't suck they got your 2 nearby vessels. You start off 3:1. Unless some other rogue on the other side is gung-ho riding at mach speed to pick up the vessel (we typically DPS, not interested in vessel business) then it works great almost everytime. Need bd sprint + the RS proc that gives you a speed boost.

The speed proc will kill the BD run speed. BD run speed is used at start to leap forward far. Need the 25m range port and have it qued up ready to lay on top of the stairs. It will kill your sprint but you still get 4 quick seconds of it. Run up stairs and use 15m blink and you can blink behind LoS of the oncoming team which should give adequate time to grab it. The extra kicker is if you blow a 51rs spec, the immunity 51pt temp is allowed to be used while carrying a vessel. So as you go back into the enemies LoS, you pop it and it gives just enough time to bail down a level and jump. From there you should have enough RS temps to stay alive and reach your team/ports refreshing soon. Hitting the 51rs ability while holding a vessel also causes the light above your head to vanish making it harder for those not paying attention to the side to see who has a vessel. It purely wipes away all visual traces of holding a vessel even after you change roles.

This is how you start the game 3:1 (per quality team) and hold a vessel stealth style without visual graphic indication you are a holder. I do this religiously when I want to win Library as the success rate generally can get my team with a swift lead if we can keep our initial holders up. Rulesets like stockpile and library seem less forgiving to bad starts than things like codex/BG/port scion (esp when you can just whack a boss and win after being 600 points down for example).

A page in my book of rogue ways of life.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-17-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Buh?

Lost it at
    "It is your duty to demote everyone except yourself.
    Remember. Take charge."

Great video.
    ~Quiescent

hahaha that's amazing

I have utilized some of these tactics but some of the other ones didn't even enter my mind. When I am merced as a defiant I will definitely try them out!

Pretty sure I've run into you when you've been with a team using this strategy.

It's tough to overcome.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Another major guide for either side is to get an RS spec with BD sprint. 9/10 times you can actually steal the enemies nearby top vessel. If your team didn't suck they got your 2 nearby vessels. You start off 3:1. Unless some other rogue on the other side is gung-ho riding at mach speed to pick up the vessel (we typically DPS, not interested in vessel business) then it works great almost everytime. Need bd sprint + the RS proc that gives you a speed boost.
    Why would you do that? haven't you learned anything from his guide? do not pick up vessels they hurt you!
    Last edited by Byona; 06-17-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    Why would you do that? haven't you learned anything from his guide? do not pick up vessels they hurt you!
    Oh that is in my book to, just in later chapters. You are talking to the person who said the key sab strat is to not use choking gas bombs because it will cause people to scatter thus making it harder to aoe people like a boss. Sometimes you run a strong conflict between being awesome and getting 300 more rep.

(this is me when I am joking about how I seriously play.....sometimes)
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-17-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    I was in a level 50 Library WF yesterday and kept seeing teammate after teammate run right past vessels without picking them up, so I pleaded with everyone in chat to grab them ... if for no other reason than to prevent the enemy from doing so. A warrior from Seastone answered that he never picks them up. He said he had no particular reason ... just "personal preference" (his exact words).

I suspect some players avoid them because it makes them a target, or because the vessels are toxic, but it's stupid to just leave them there. I'm a squishy MM but I end up having to grab them because better suited classes either aren't paying attention or they intentionally avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimt View Post
    . I'm a squishy MM...
    Then you need hugs!

Oh man, that was beautiful.

Farewell, Rift! Perhaps we'll meet again.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Sometimes dry humor can be fun.
    I want to make another one, but I'd like to know what you'd like to see.
    It doesn't have to be a warfront, it could be a boss fight, raid, ect.

Let me know!

+ Reply to Thread