+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: So...um...

Default So...um...

This question is probobly been answered 10's of thousands of times but...ahh...hit seems to be needed in pvp. Since i got all my valor gear now, im seeing dodge, parry and block all day. whats the magic number?
    GIRLPOWER!!

The magic number is 1.9

ahahaha see what I did there
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

60-70 range. I run with 68 focus all my casts land. In 1.9 new pvp weapons will have 76 focus/hit (2hand) 38 (1 hand) on them so this won't be a problem. Till then try to get a raid drop pve wep that is equivalent in strength of your pvp weapons.
    Last edited by redrox; 06-17-2012 at 12:09 PM.

You can get hit runes for a total of 75 I think if ya want to go that route. I would say 100-150 hit though is the magic number depending on how tanky the target it is or if they are in a troll spec. I personally run with 145 and rarely see any parries or dodges unless they are using temps.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

150 is a good number, or just have as much as you can. This is why raid gear is BiS in its current state that and the very High stats it holds.

Rift Disciple

Never knew casters get to run with less focus then melee runs hit thats silly.

Quote Originally Posted by redrox View Post
    Yea it sucks but oh well, I've gotten past it and i seem to do very well.

2 to 1 ratio in terms of elemental resistance to focus.

Hit I don't know it, but I think the magic number is around 150.

I think Zaros said it took 350 to nullify side steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    The magic number is 1.9

ahahaha see what I did there
    hahaha rofl. yeah I have all the best "Gear" for PvP, wpns trinket..the whole works. But yeah its kinda poopy to have all that valor and your target wins cuz you missed. hmm...i see another broken side of Pvp but its cool they gonna hook us up in 1.9 CANT WAIT!!
    GIRLPOWER!!

60-70 range. I run with 68 focus all my casts land. In 1.9 new pvp weapons will have 76 focus/hit (2hand) 38 (1 hand) on them so this won't be a problem. Till then try to get a raid drop pve wep that is equivalent in strength of your pvp weapons.
    yeah i have a savage beast carver and a flame sickle but i lose valor. no Valor core yet. still tryin to hustle the rep for the best essences. Been rockin my PvE Tanking sigil in PvP
    GIRLPOWER!!

Run with a kraken spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    Run with a kraken spine.
    ^ Typical intelligence of anyone with one.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    ^ Typical intelligence of anyone with one.
    It's true goes alright ;D

5 hit = 1% chance to bypass.

Top geared players will pack approx 22 - 30% chance with maybe some on either far end of the bell curve.

150 hit = 30% chance to bypass. With 150 hit you will rarely have trouble outside of temp buffs or special talents.

I use 132 hit, almost 27%. MM spec though has 3% additional chance to hit with range weapon so I assume that puts a 132 hit ~150 hit par. I rarely see dodges/parries as even my highest dodge spec as a rogue had 38/39% chance to dodge/parry. So that would require 195 hit to be flawless against. But with 132 - 150 hit you shouldn't be dealing with anymore than a <1% - 4% chance to be dodged/parried against high geared players.

The new pvp r50 weapons will give 114 hit if they go live as of now. Wish they would get bumped back up to 150 as it made a clean promise no other source of hit/focus should be required to be a threat in pvp. Unfortunately they are adding hit to pvp gear without really solving the problem. The problem was people using non pvp gear to get this +hit stat we awkwardly need. The solution results in people still doing that because are their delusional world 114 hit is desired and the extra 36 hit is game breaking for pve stat requirements. Not like you can buy an extra 75 hit on the AH, get planar focuses with +20, buy AH rings with +38 hit each. Let me stop before I put too much salt to this wound. I've already found 171 hit that you can obtain that stand aside pvp gear and do not overlap. So I guess if being r50 and getting 114 hit is a problem, getting 171+ with plat never has been. What a joke, I sure hope those notes in progress change. Oh wait I forgot, the only source on pvp gear for hit is weapons. Guess this would be an even bigger problem if you ummmmm, couldn't already buy weapons with +38 hit off the AH. So yes, yes, if you revert the changes, then the difference is an r50 can have 36 more hit than someone who is less than r50 and using other means to gain hit.

36 hit makes a huge difference in pvp. It is meaningless in pve considering you will get it from several sources whose gear slots overlap pvps sources. Again, these are reasons I hate playing sometimes. Why....why. Why do people do things that don't make sense. Can people just do smart things so I don't have to make posts like this outlining out illogical they are. Apparently making videos games is as hard as playing them.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Gothgirl View Post
    This question is probobly been answered 10's of thousands of times but...ahh...hit seems to be needed in pvp. Since i got all my valor gear now, im seeing dodge, parry and block all day. whats the magic number?
    Its better to use hit rating runes for weapons and head pieces.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast