+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Any interesting changes to pvp in 1.9?

Shadowlander

Default Any interesting changes to pvp in 1.9?

Simple question, is pvp in 1.9 going to be worth sticking around for?

Or do I give up Rift and spend my money else where.

Guess my main area is are these pesky warriors going to be sorted out?
    As they can more or less single handedly take out a whole raid and still have full HP

Are we going to be able to play clerics and mages in any meaningful roll in pvp?

Well conquest is coming out but as of yet no huge class changes

Uh, a whole tier of new gear with new graphics, and Conquest?
    That's kind of a lot.

Edit: And yes, I'm pretty sure Warriors will see a PVP nerf come 1.9, I would be surprised I'd there wasn't.
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-17-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Lots of new stuff, but probably not much will change. Put on new armor, play a new rule set. Same game.

If my quote is right 1.9 is fail. They've spent so much time on conquest and itemization is horrid and/or boring even with a dash or redundancy.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-17-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Lots of new stuff, but probably not much will change. Put on new armor, play a new rule set. Same game.

If my quote is right 1.9 is fail.
    Are you cereal?
    By that definition, all MMOs are fail.
    ~Quiescent

Healer is a meaningful role and mages will shine in Conquest's open-field zerg-offs.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Need a very competitive rating system as a queue for max ranked players so they can earn relic pvp gear.

I'm gonna keep pushing for this >.< Sorry if I annoy anyone.

Outside of that, I'm still very excited about 1.9 it looks fun.
    Last edited by HannonHellbringer; 06-17-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Are you cereal?
    By that definition, all MMOs are fail.
    Then I guess I was lucky and didn't play a fail one before Rift. It's fail. It's fail because I could come up with better ideas.

Game is fine but it's burning me out. I was mega hopeful and 1.9 killed it for me. Still got 58 days on a sub to make up my mind though. I like time to sit on the thought.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-17-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

If my quote is right 1.9 is fail. They've spent so much time on conquest and itemization is horrid and/or boring even with a dash or redundancy.
    So why are you playing -->ANY<-- MMO?? What game, existing or upcoming, doesn't pretty much fit that description??

And what would an ideal game look like that met your desires?? Please be specific. Right now you just sound like you're sitting in a dark corner btching for the sake of btching.

I'm not a Rift apologist ... my forum history has its share of complaints and both GW2 and ES Online have the potential to draw me away ... but Rift does have its good points and both 1.9 and Storm Legion seem to me to be taking steps in the right direction, at least for my preferred styles of play.

It's fail because I could come up with better ideas.
    Please do so. I'd love to hear them.

We, as pvpers, should stop a lot of our nerf complaints and get behind the good ideas. Zaros has some wicked cool ideas and the rating system along with meridian/sanctum bosses should drop relics. If we just push for that we can get then to move in that direction. I mean look what happened with the three faction pvp, I don't know how many times I saw that come up in the threads till Trion finally came out with it.

There is nothing wrong with Rift, but it is epic redundancy. I never did redundancy like this in Eq2.

Get a new source engine, so I can re-grind out the same exact 5 essences I have now and get the new one that replaces the limited time essence I can't replace. Redundancy.

And yes, my quote, if they really do that it would take it to levels I didn't see as much before. It would be the most utterly lazy thing I could think of. You could think of better ideas than that while eating a pb&j sandwich before bed in 2 nights. Yet months of developement lead it here. It's like someone procrastinated and never turned in their assignment with a good candidate for pvp t2 special abilities/weapon runes. So last minute they just yank one and put it elsewhere. That sounds like what I would do for a school project I was given 3 months to do and waited till the morning before class to finish.

This is just nit-picking the game. From far away the game is fine and works just fine. The pvp update is fine, the new mod is fine, the gear is fine (albeit a little redundant in progression terms) and the balance is fine. Honestly the game is totally fine. But I get hung up on the lazy aspects that I feel like I could do better. But no I am not playing other MMO's and it is funny you mention that because I am probably tracking back into not playing them again. Getting hooked on Eq2 was an ironic accident. Playing Rift was like a methadone to Eq2. I might just not like MMO's, especially since I been having more fun playing Doom 3 and Crysis single player lately as I found my old discs cleaning the garage. Rift is fine, more of a personal vendetta. I wound up in MMO's cause FPS went to crap for online. Unfortunately, they still pretty much are and I'd rather play MMO's online than new FPS online. But SP is pretty fun.

That, and you should consider playing MMO's with the class schedule I have coming up. That alone makes me want to quit games Lol.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-17-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shadowlander

I could open up a whole big can of worms.

But why do we even have specific gear and stats for pvp. Surely it's about the skill of the player, not how long they can take a beating to earn enough currency to buy the gear that allows you to beat on the next lot of new guys coming along?

Might be spending the last few hours in WF's having just hit 50 and only winning due to getting a few decent geared mercs :P

But I realy wonder about pvp... surely it should be skill based not gear based...

Keep gear for the PvE content and leave pvp to skill

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Uh, a whole tier of new gear with new graphics, and Conquest?
    That's kind of a lot.

Edit: And yes, I'm pretty sure Warriors will see a PVP nerf come 1.9, I would be surprised I'd there wasn't.
    Don't forget Sabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    Don't forget Sabs.
    In a devastating nerf for Sabs in 1.9, I've heard that if you stand next to 3 or more teammates it triggers the words "You are bad" to appear as a raidwarn-style emote.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast