+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Player VS Player, not Faction VS Faction

Soulwalker

Default Player VS Player, not Faction VS Faction

Trion already made a positive step by including the Mercs, merging the factions in the warfront teams would be balancing the PVP area, In a 2 faction game, there will always be a more powerfull faction, whichever it is and you can see it on PVP.

Everything would be better if the warfronts were PVP not FVF, like it or not, it is known by everyone that defiants has a higher win percent on the warfront battlegrounds, it gets frustrating to some people to see how they get beaten in every warfront they join.

If you don't support the idea you either love being ***** every warfront and wining 1 or 2 for every 10, or you're a defiant who loves the easy way. If you really love PVP which is why you're joining the warfronts I guess, you got no excuse, the point of the PVP is to defeat another player and it should be regardless of their faction.

Cons -

- There are no cons at all, just the few that will be QQing about being on the "opposite" team.
    - The RIFT PVP bonus can still be applied to your faction so you may get a bonus on the opposite team which won't affect the WF result anyway.

Pros -

- ???
    - Profit

"LOL , REROLL A DEFIANT, UR QQING CUZ U ALWAYS LOSE HAHA, L2P NOOB, NO WAY I LIKE MY EASY LIFE, GUARDIANS ALWAYS WON, UR CRAZY" <--- no.

@merc qquers , you want Faction PVP ? its called Open World PVP.

--- sign if you agree ---
    Last edited by rayjz; 06-16-2012 at 10:35 PM.

FFA mod is what is needed.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I rarely lose :/ and I'm a Guardian. This sounds like a skill issue on your part.

Also, for what it's worth, what are you even trying to change? You just basically started pot shotting Defiants, and then gave a pro/con (with no substance, for that matter) for an idea that you haven't even explained. Then you did an all caps rage, followed by what looks like you trying to turn this into a petition (which I reiterate: for what? You haven't suggested anything), which happens to be against the CoC.

I'm not sure what else to say.. 2/10?
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by rayjz View Post
    Trion already made a positive step by including the Mercs, merging the factions in the warfront teams would be balancing the PVP area, In a 2 faction game, there will always be a more powerfull faction, whichever it is and you can see it on PVP.

Everything would be better if the warfronts were PVP not FVF, like it or not, it is known by everyone that defiants has a higher win percent on the warfront battlegrounds, it gets frustrating to some people to see how they get beaten in every warfront they join.

If you don't support the idea you either love being ***** every warfront and wining 1 or 2 for every 10, or you're a defiant who loves the easy way. If you really love PVP which is why you're joining the warfronts I guess, you got no excuse, the point of the PVP is to defeat another player and it should be regardless of their faction.

Cons -

- There are no cons at all, just the few that will be QQing about being on the "opposite" team.
    - The RIFT PVP bonus can still be applied to your faction so you may get a bonus on the opposite team which won't affect the WF result anyway.

Pros -

- ???
    - Profit

"LOL , REROLL A DEFIANT, UR QQING CUZ U ALWAYS LOSE HAHA, L2P NOOB, NO WAY I LIKE MY EASY LIFE, GUARDIANS ALWAYS WON, UR CRAZY" <--- no.

@merc qquers , you want Faction PVP ? its called Open World PVP.

--- sign if you agree ---
    LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Just...stop...

You made me spit out my whiskey! That is so not cool...

The system already functions roughly as you describe with mercing. It just prioritizes faction over merc.

What kind of queue system would be utilized for what you describe? I mean, as far as I know, it already picks whoever queues first and puts them wherever it can, whether that's player faction or mercenary.

Shadowlander

I prefer factions. It's satisfying to play for a side, have rivalries etc. and there is the whole RP thing to consider. Who would battle for Port Scion if they had no loyalties? Also, in my experience, Guardians win more.

A death match style WF could be kinda fun, but FPS games are a better venue for that. Plus it would create more QQ about bad rogue self heals.
    Kiiro - who cares about my progression.

Prefer factions and rarely lose as a guardian. Not anymore anyway.

Not saying there aren't unlucky streaks but as a weekend warrior, my losing matches have usually been close as opposed to blow outs.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by rayjz View Post
    , it is known by everyone that defiants has a higher win percent on the warfront battlegrounds, it ---
    stopped reading here

Petitions are banned so this thread will most likely get closed. But i do think teams should be balanced regardless of faction (for different reasons than OP).

Zaros has a very good thread on it

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ue-system.html

Quote Originally Posted by zaros View Post
    i rarely lose :/ and i'm a guardian. This sounds like a skill issue on your part.

Also, for what it's worth, what are you even trying to change? You just basically started pot shotting defiants, and then gave a pro/con (with no substance, for that matter) for an idea that you haven't even explained. Then you did an all caps rage, followed by what looks like you trying to turn this into a petition (which i reiterate: For what? You haven't suggested anything), which happens to be against the coc.

I'm not sure what else to say.. 2/10?
    hahahahhaha
    GIRLPOWER!!

General of Telara

I'd like the Merc system to be fine tuned, it is definitely flawed but otherwise I like it.

By flawed I mean being in a WF with 7 Rogues, 2 Wars and a Mage, 4 Rogues are Mercs....on the otherside they have 4 Clerics two of which are Mercs!! It's hard enough getting healers in a WF but having them traded over to a team that already has 2 is just really annoying

+ Reply to Thread