+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: PVE vs PVP madness

Rift Disciple

Default PVE vs PVP madness

Give PVE weapons for PVE marks and normalise states on them to their PVP equivalent

remove valour and vengeance from PVP weps, add the same amount of hit as their PVE equivalent

NOW YOU PVP YOU GET SAME LOOT YOU PVE YOU GET SAME LOOT , SAME RNG.

Pros:
    1. Every one can pick a choose any path in game and not be handicapped.
    2. Raiders can get their PVE weapon without the RNG of loot drops with the added bonus of picking which weapon they want to use.

Cons:
    1. Stupid relic gear
    2. Raiding just to get marks, no loot drooling

Ways to combat cons:

Create a special token that can be gained when you kill a player/help kill a player ie any healing done on the char that kled a player also gets that token.(Only in WFs) Give it a probability of drop, not 100% drop rate

Cap the maximum amount token you can get in a week (Make it even a weekly quest)
    Use that to get relic PVP gear, + crafting material similar to raid drops

For raids make each boss a raid drop a unique piece of a relic weapon, when combined with the final piece you have your relic. Will give enough motivation to kill all bosses.

Some of these unique items can be used craft weapons and armour

Now every raider / PVPer will get similar rewards Trion can decided on how many weeks of token farming you need for PVP gear equivalent to average time taken for guild to clear a raid.

Difference between PVP relics and PVE relics. since they symbolise you playing long enough to love PVP and long enough to love PVE you can they come with their own special stats of vengeance and Might. Might for PVE and vengeance for PVP.
    Last edited by satk; 06-16-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Rift Disciple

Trion atm is moving towards a more ingredient item oriented loot drop, maleforge Heat, conclave item and crafting ingredients form the minis

I believe ID was an experiment from trion to try out new ideas for the Expansion and see how it works.

Also with the removal of loot drops from PVP in 1.9, something new/different might replace it in the future.

They have now nerfed the new PVP weapons in 1.9 because of the constant crying from the RAID community. It is a lot of grinding to get to that level 50 in PVP and if you have another toon it is the same grinding. In raiding once you learn the fight on 1 toon, then it will take you less time for the next toon you bring up. In fact you can make part of the gear when you start raiding at level 50 or pass gear that does not bind. That is why gearing up for PVP is much harder than gearing up to raid. You earn gear in PVP no drops and everything is soul bound.
    Last edited by Normus; 06-16-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    Dunkelmagus - Guardian - Faeblight - Level 25 Guild <DARGAARD KNIGHTS >

MADNESS?

... THIS... IS.... SPARTA!

... i mean rift
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-16-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Normus View Post
    They have now nerfed the new PVP weapons in 1.9 because of the constant crying from the RAID community. It is a lot of grinding to get to that level 50 in PVP and if you have another toon it is the same grinding. In raiding once you learn the fight on 1 toon, then it will take you less time for the next toon you bring up. In fact you can make part of the gear when you start raiding at level 50 or pass gear that does not bind. That is why gearing up for PVP is much harder than gearing up to raid. You earn gear in PVP no drops and everything is soul bound.
    Okay, I'm a hardcore PVPer and even I think you're wrong.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

You eventually going to get that PVP gear win/lose

Wheres as in a raid you still have rng between you and loot
    Last edited by satk; 06-16-2012 at 10:16 PM.

You can lose your way to PvP gear, so your opinion means nothing.

The PvP vs PvE arguments are getting old. Do both and you won't give a **** either way.

Quote Originally Posted by satk View Post

not to mention 19 other people.

Its also not hard to create a rated pvp content for the max geared, max ranked players that can fight to earn relic pvp gear in a highly competitive field of play. doing so will force the pvpers to focus highly on the pvp content and turning their atttention will make them lose their spot in the ratings and thus chance losing relic pvp gear. It keeps pvpers focused in what they love, while keeping a good portion out of Raids while making it VERY difficult for raiders to contend for that relic gear just like PvPers must do to earn current relic gear.

It also puts max ranked players in their own que so it help balance out the lower ranked que.

just a thought....
    Last edited by HannonHellbringer; 06-16-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Ascendant

I don't get all the angst over PVP gear. Rift is primarily a PVE game, if you want the best gear then do some PVE. I don't really understand how running a handful of warfronts over and over keeps you satisifed anyway.

PVP specific gear is why no new people will end up playing PVP.
    Last edited by Malark; 06-17-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    I don't get all the angst over PVP gear. Rift is primarily a PVE game, if you want the best gear then do some PVE. I don't really understand how running a handful of warfronts over and over keeps you satisifed anyway.

PVP specific gear is why no new people will end up playing PVP.
    Its not the gear that is the problem its the amount of content for pvp that is drawing away people. Its big selling point is was the pvp portion of the game, a big portion of the game is a rivalry between two factions PVP is all over this game it just lacks content to support it.

I can turn it around and say that if you want the best gear in PvP you should pvp. Unfortunately, the best gear in the game by a glaring difference is Raid Relic gear. Having it be the best gear in the game for everything is just bad design. Either balance the game by adding in harder pvp content (Rating system) for max ranked players or completely seperate PvE from PvP. I personally do not want to see all pve gear being stripped from pvp so making a ranked system would be best and imo the most competitive by giving the max ranked players the option to que in seperate Rated matches that count towards Relic pvp gear, if you stop playing or do badly, you lose rating and thus lose relic gear. It keeps the focused on PvP giving dedicated pvpers a challenge but also keeping them focused on pvp so the use of relic gear cannot be abused so much in raiding or in lower ranked matches. It also makes it even more challenging for raiders and thus creating a balance. Relic gear in both types of content less minimal chance of abuse, well for the pvp side anyways.

Lol
    Let's see, took me 10 months to go from level 50 to being I'D geared.
    And it took me 4 weeks of mind numbing grind to get to level 40pvp.

It is dumb as it is that pvp gear is almost as good as pve gear.
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by satk View Post

you are not mentioning thats its waaaaaaaay easier to raid, yes raids are easy, compared to pvp, in high level matches you have to deal with "mechanics" that are different every match and change every 30 secs, im working my way to top lvl healers (im marked almost evey match right now) so you pay attention to other clerics besides mann, ahov, etc

leloo here, love you
    Last edited by Zandalia; 06-17-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalia View Post
    you are not mentioning thats its waaaaaaaay easier to raid, yes raids are easy, compared to pvp, in high level matches you have to deal with "mechanics" that are different every match and change every 30 secs, im working my way to top lvl healers (im marked almost evey match right now) so you pay attention to other clerics besides mann, ahov, etc

leloo here, love you
    Lol, because its way easier to kill raid bosses than level a rank and earn favor

Bads will be Bads
    Last edited by SwiftFlame; 06-17-2012 at 02:27 AM.
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalia View Post

leloo here, love you
    I would love to see you kill leathys and maelforge since i guess that is what your talking about.
    Don't see how better gear will make pvp more rewarding?
    I allways thought pvp was about the trill off killing ppl equally skilled to you. Not about having better gear then thats what all the pve casuals are for.
    Just click it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast