+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rogue OP

Soulwalker

Default Rogue OP

I have been playing Rift off and on and i absolutely can not stand how ridiculously over powered rogues are and this coming from a 45 mage every time i see a rogue it is after they have decloaked and stunned me for about 10 seconds (which is usually how long it takes to kill me) and I can not do a single thing about it is this SERIOUS class imbalance ever going to be changed or should I just never play this game again?

Prophet of Telara

pvp isnt really balanced around mid levels. Some people have also twinked characters.

I wouldnt call PVP as the strongest point of Rift. I enjoy it as a diversion, but would get frustrated fast if it was my main point in the game.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Aiden View Post
    I have been playing Rift off and on and i absolutely can not stand how ridiculously over powered rogues are and this coming from a 45 mage every time i see a rogue it is after they have decloaked and stunned me for about 10 seconds (which is usually how long it takes to kill me) and I can not do a single thing about it is this SERIOUS class imbalance ever going to be changed or should I just never play this game again?
    Really? It's that OP? I hate eradicate, but rogues seem fine.
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

every time i see a rogue it is after they have decloaked and stunned me for about 10 seconds (which is usually how long it takes to kill me) and I can not do a single thing about it is this SERIOUS class imbalance
    I hear that using valor in pvp helps. You should give it a try.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

they have decloaked and stunned me for about 10 seconds
    Break Free is your friend. Also, not 100% sure about this, as I don't play sin too often, but with dr's, you couldn't be stunned for 10 seconds.
    Retired from raiding

Rogues are OP, but you're wrong about why they're OP.
    ~Quiescent

Squirrel more?
    Shayde@Seastone

TBH I think CC in this game is ****ing ******ed as far as PVP goes. An 8 second stun that gets halved and then negated is ******ed. I would much rather a 2 second stun without diminishing returns.

Also @Dark Aiden, assassins are squishybane in 1v1 situations if you're equally geared or undergeared. But do put Break Free on your hotbar and cast it when you get stunned, and squirrel him, and you'll get away some of the time, or maybe you'll even have the time to nuke him to death.

Soulwalker

I did end up putting break free on my bar and I broke out then I got stunned again... im trying out different soul trees and maybe ill find something that works idk

Try Dom/Cholro or Pyro/Dom. Getting caught by one of those is usually a done deal for me.
    Even free cost too much now

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    pvp isnt really balanced around mid levels. Some people have also twinked characters.

I wouldnt call PVP as the strongest point of Rift. I enjoy it as a diversion, but would get frustrated fast if it was my main point in the game.
    pvp is not balanced at any level, it pure crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

close thread pls, clueless statements from new players in the WRONG FORUM..gawd what a waste of time.

If they opened on you with Paralyzing strike (stun), backstab, puncture, impale - Kick (new stun) repeat favorite builders to 5pts ----> final blow. It may seem like you were stunned for 10s straight, but more likely you didn't react or understand what was being applied and how to counter it before it was too late. Rogues are no different in this than most other paint-by-number mmo's.
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 06-20-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    close thread pls, clueless statements from new players in the WRONG FORUM..gawd what a waste of time.
    This thread is now about pie!

I like pecan pie.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    This thread is now about pie!

I like pecan pie.
    No way, Pumpkin and Apple trump Pecan every time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast