+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Marksman, old ability. Hit and Run.

Default Marksman, old ability. Hit and Run.

Do any of the old Marksman's remember Hit and Run and Improved Hit and Run? Remember how they said they fixed the Identity crisis of Marksman being and i Quote, "No longer suffers an identity crisis around being the mobile-soul-that-requires-mostly-stationary-play."

Yet we still have:
    • Master Archer: Whenever you are standing still, your damage with ranged weapons is increased by 1-5%. The damage bonus is increased by 1% for every point spent in the marksman soul above 20.
    • Deadeye Shot: 1.5 second cast time.
    • Empowered Shot: 1.5 second cast time.
    • Sniper Training: Increases the damage of all ranged cast time attacks by 7-21%.
    • Killer Instinct: Increases the critical hit chance of your Empowered Shot or Deadeye Shot by 5-15%.

Now in case someone doesn't know what Hit and Run did I will explain it.
    • Hit and Run: No cost.
      Instant.
      2 minute cooldown.
      A maneuver that allows the execution of ranged Auto Attacks while moving, causes Empowered Shot and Deadeye Shot to become instant cast, causes Empowered Shot to have no cooldown. Lasts 15 seconds. This ability does not trigger a global cooldown.
    • Improved Hit and Run: No cost.
      Instant.
      2 minute cooldown.
      A maneuver that allows the execution of ranged Auto Attacks while moving, causes Empowered Shot and Deadeye Shot to become instant cast, causes Empowered Shot to have no cooldown and reduces the energy cost of all Marksman abilities by 50%. Lasts 15 seconds. Shares a common cooldown with Hit and Run. This ability does not trigger a global cooldown.

So if they fixed the identity crisis then why are Empowered Shot and Deadeye Shot casts? And if casts for a reason why not bring back this cooldown so there is an option. Because I feel like Marksmans two most important abilities are unusable when trying to be a "Mobile Soul".

I mainly would like this cooldown back because it was a lot of fun to play with. Yes I realize that marksmen could have some issues over being overpowered, even though they already are with eradicate. Personally I would rather have this cooldown than have an ability that I can spam constantly that removes two buffs.
    Quesox@seastone
    Formerly Pillpopper@Seastone, Pillpopper@Derpstrike, Queso@Dayblind, Sunrest, Harrow.
    \_/<----see this? this is my care cup, notice how its empty.
    I tend to have very few posts because I find arguing with trolls is difficult because they tend to bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Sure, if it also reduces the damage of those skills to fit with the instant cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Sure, if it also reduces the damage of those skills to fit with the instant cast.
    I am so glad to see you championing the cause for a similar damage reduction mechanic placed on Cinderburst, Bolt of Depravity, Nature's Touch, and other abilities that enjoy the reduction or removal of their cast times.
    Last edited by Stihl; 06-16-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izraels queso View Post
    Do any of the old Marksman's remember Hit and Run and Improved Hit and Run? Remember how they said they fixed the Identity crisis of Marksman being and i Quote, "No longer suffers an identity crisis around being the mobile-soul-that-requires-mostly-stationary-play."

Yet we still have:
    • Master Archer: Whenever you are standing still, your damage with ranged weapons is increased by 1-5%. The damage bonus is increased by 1% for every point spent in the marksman soul above 20.
    • Deadeye Shot: 1.5 second cast time.
    • Empowered Shot: 1.5 second cast time.
    • Sniper Training: Increases the damage of all ranged cast time attacks by 7-21%.
    • Killer Instinct: Increases the critical hit chance of your Empowered Shot or Deadeye Shot by 5-15%.

Now in case someone doesn't know what Hit and Run did I will explain it.
    • Hit and Run: No cost.
      Instant.
      2 minute cooldown.
      A maneuver that allows the execution of ranged Auto Attacks while moving, causes Empowered Shot and Deadeye Shot to become instant cast, causes Empowered Shot to have no cooldown. Lasts 15 seconds. This ability does not trigger a global cooldown.
    • Improved Hit and Run: No cost.
      Instant.
      2 minute cooldown.
      A maneuver that allows the execution of ranged Auto Attacks while moving, causes Empowered Shot and Deadeye Shot to become instant cast, causes Empowered Shot to have no cooldown and reduces the energy cost of all Marksman abilities by 50%. Lasts 15 seconds. Shares a common cooldown with Hit and Run. This ability does not trigger a global cooldown.

So if they fixed the identity crisis then why are Empowered Shot and Deadeye Shot casts? And if casts for a reason why not bring back this cooldown so there is an option. Because I feel like Marksmans two most important abilities are unusable when trying to be a "Mobile Soul".

I mainly would like this cooldown back because it was a lot of fun to play with. Yes I realize that marksmen could have some issues over being overpowered, even though they already are with eradicate. Personally I would rather have this cooldown than have an ability that I can spam constantly that removes two buffs.
    ZOMG!!! I miss IHnR. Had some great times back in day with it.
    GIRLPOWER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gothgirl View Post
    ZOMG!!! I miss IHnR. Had some great times back in day with it.
    lol right? that CD was epic. Now I feel like there is nothing to use my Quick reload on. I mean Besides Rapid and retreat.. theres nothing else, wait except a force crit. like WHOA. Its not like I don't already have 45% crit...
    Quesox@seastone
    Formerly Pillpopper@Seastone, Pillpopper@Derpstrike, Queso@Dayblind, Sunrest, Harrow.
    I tend to have very few posts because I find arguing with trolls is difficult because they tend to bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Izraels queso View Post
    lol right? that CD was epic. Now I feel like there is nothing to use my Quick reload on. I mean Besides Rapid and retreat.. theres nothing else, wait except a force crit. like WHOA. Its not like I don't already have 45% crit...
    I use quick reload situationally (did i spell that right? *shrug*) Usually find myself using strafe rapid fire then rapid reload, strafe rapid fire. that usually does the job in PvP.
    GIRLPOWER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I am so glad to see you championing the cause for a similar damage reduction mechanic placed on Cinderburst, Bolt of Depravity, Nature's Touch, and other abilities that enjoy the reduction or removal of their cast times.
    If L&D reduced my cd on DoB and allowed me to spam it for 15 seconds, then sure.
    Same with CB, also plagued by a cd after an insta proc via pyro armour (or w/e)
    And lol@natures touch. Srsly?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothgirl View Post
    I use quick reload situationally (did i spell that right? *shrug*) Usually find myself using strafe rapid fire then rapid reload, strafe rapid fire. that usually does the job in PvP.
    Yea but thats nothing like an Improved Hit and Run x2.
    Quesox@seastone

I'll take hit and run any day of the week in place of VM. Keep the heal debuff/siphon to a melee soul/melee required weapon proc. Not one that can hit it from 35m away and (even at low proc chance) spread it with long range aoe. Give the mobile soul the mobile dps back and ditch the supportive buff. Our support is running away which we do great at as MM. It is very true, while we can do things moving, any MM notices the significant difference in damage output when standing still. Without dispute in pve, even in pvp this still puts the notion in the back of many MM heads that they aren't performing the best unless they do find a spot to stand still in.

Give it the ol' 2m cool down or whatever it had. But put it back in place of VM and ditch VM for good.

MM is very consistent. They can't 'force' much of a burst. They have good finishers, yes. But that is one hit that requires another build up which is the consistent part of the MM. The build up really has 0 burst for the most part. It's just good damage. Heck, even reduce the duration it used to be if it is needed to balance it. Really loved this ability as it was our main true burst. Meanwhile NB's can proc insane burst every 20s~
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-16-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Gentlmen, I doubt very much we'll see it again. Trion's up to their eyeballs in a multitude of other issues. I totally left the icon up on my bars for months hoping one day it would "light up" again but sadly it didnt. Oh well. Carpet bomb is pretty much the IHnR now, and im cool with that
    GIRLPOWER!!

If I had to wager a limb in a bet whether we get it or not I would say no.

Now a dev will read this and be like...

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu.../saw_movie.jpg
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-16-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

They should just make Master Archer the way the old pedestals were.

Bull's Eye should be changed from "Makes X crit" to "Makes X instant cast", and shorten the CD to 30s.

Boom, class fixed. But NERF ERADICATE ALREADY. Good god.
    ~Quiescent

General of Telara

The identity crisis was that the build was designed to stand still and shoot yet there were skills encouraging movement

They removed the 'moving and firing' skills (except Strafe which is there for when a boss mechanic forces you to move) so that the class is designed to stand still. Cast time shots complement this. There is no identity crisis and it is pretty much working as intended

I say pretty much working as intended because clearly Empowered and Deadeye need tinkering - as its better DPS not to use them.
    Last edited by Asteldian; 06-16-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    The identity crisis was that the build was designed to stand still and shoot yet there were skills encouraging movement

They removed the 'moving and firing' skills (except Strafe which is there for when a boss mechanic forces you to move) so that the class is designed to stand still. Cast time shots complement this. There is no identity crisis and it is pretty much working as intended

I say pretty much working as intended because clearly Empowered and Deadeye need tinkering - as its better DPS not to use them.
    It's funny because PVE.
    Marksman is a kiting class, it isn't designed to stand still. Implementing master archer was a bad idea, they ought to have just brought back the pedestal mechanic they used to have. Raise the skillcap a little.
    ~Quiescent

General of Telara

My personal preference simply make it a static buff, screw standing still. I'm always on the move in PvP I can't be loitering.

Clearly the changes and thoughts of the class were not with PvP in mind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast