+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: So i PvPed for about 3 hours today

Default So i PvPed for about 3 hours today

Havent PvPed in like 3 months on my rogue (1.7). Not having a "PvP" spec i just used my 51 Sab spec with full PvP gear. Since i have an HK Epic gun there was no point in using PvE weapons. Threw up full consumables and Qued up for WF's. Stuff i notices.

1) 51 Sab is too much. I actually don't think HE is too much, or bombs too much. What i find pretty dumb is the fact i can RS + CB ppl into oblivion. Never been a fan of burst in games.

2) Clerics Warden nerf, poor clerics. Im surprised people still heal PUGS!!!, sure ppl will always duo que with a picket healer but those poor solo clerics that no one cares to save but they love to complain about heals.

3) Mages are still cannon fodder, moving on.

4) There is still no balance of range vs melee in this game. Barring MM's if a Warrior or Rogue wants to stick to you, there is nothing you can do. There is no "pre-kiting", there is no way to create gap once a melee is on you. TL + BullRush/Rift Walk = you are ****ed. RS Rogues are basically the same.

5) Warriors...... lol where do i start. Well they still have unclensable healing debuffs applied on crits. Not really a problem on healing debuffs, just the fact that its a 15 sec unclensable debuff, awesome. Insane RB damage with OGCD Finishers.

Anyways I don't expect Trion to fix this ever. They could had fixed Hit/Focus for PvP in 1.9 but they just put a bandaid on it and made it worse.

Eventually Sab will get nerfed into oblivion when enough people complain. Warriors will get nerfed back into the nerfed para champ days and i guess they will buff Pyro some more i guess.

And so this ******ed cycle continues.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Recorded that match.... couldn't even move 5 feet without a handful of sabs blowing everyone up or Ccing the team.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Recorded that match.... couldn't even move 5 feet without a handful of sabs blowing everyone up or Ccing the team.
    Yah i was running 4 piece last 3 matches, didnt feel it was worth it.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Rift Disciple

I remember when they made Lingering wounds cleansable, that lasted a whole week? Bottom line is, healing needs to be brought in line, as well as healing debuffs.

sab is only OP if the other team makes it OP, just sayin.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    sab is only OP if the other team makes it OP, just sayin.
    Not really, it isn't hard to force the other team into bottlenecks on maps like Scion, BG, Library, even Codex people tend to bunch up at the Codex node.

heh, Ive been quing sab and getting jack hammered lately. The burst is nice but i find myself bombing a wall of healers lately...which reveals my sad face.
    GIRLPOWER!!

Putting my foot down. I can't get this out of my head everytime I see you post, goth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rlOV86MHoM
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-16-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shadowlander

Riftblades will never be looked at. I'm sorta convinced Trion is just leaving them that way because they want at least 1 soul per Class to be overpowered at any given time.

It's a telling sign when you enter Warfronts and 95% of the Warriors in there are 2hed Riftblade clones. If you've never noticed, next time some of y'all queue up pay attention and you'll see what I mean.
    Cleric - Faltain, Warrior - Faltina, Mage - Qteo --- Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Putting my foot down. I can't get this out of my head everytime I see you post, goth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rlOV86MHoM
    RAWR!!! hahaha
    GIRLPOWER!!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Clerics Warden nerf, poor clerics. Im surprised people still heal PUGS!!!, sure ppl will always duo que with a picket healer but those poor solo clerics that no one cares to save but they love to complain about heals.
    Ha Ha - The Rogues usually get me and even faster when their Mage friend is in range.

Thanks for telling this story so very well....You rock!

Rossel
    Last edited by Rossel; 06-16-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Sab is ******ed OP, I agree. They are a glass cannon though, just like a pyro/dom. You just have to be sure to keep them at respawn constantly. I have a r6 rogue I ran sab on this morning. (The ONLY gear I have outside of one epic crafted dagger is r6 gear.) I did top damage in a warfront this morning I noticed a few r36's atleast on both teams given they had glowing weapons... I was left unchecked and was a pretty big annoyance. I'm not crying for a nerf, but holy crap. Mark the sab and focus fire, or GG.

Farewell, Rift! Perhaps we'll meet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastique View Post
    Sab is ******ed OP, I agree. They are a glass cannon though, just like a pyro/dom. You just have to be sure to keep them at respawn constantly. I have a r6 rogue I ran sab on this morning. (The ONLY gear I have outside of one epic crafted dagger is r6 gear.) I did top damage in a warfront this morning I noticed a few r36's atleast on both teams given they had glowing weapons... I was left unchecked and was a pretty big annoyance. I'm not crying for a nerf, but holy crap. Mark the sab and focus fire, or GG.
    HAHAHA love m'self some sab
    GIRLPOWER!!

Sometimes I think I am playing a different game than people here. I run up against healers who can't be killed with all the focus in the world, and funny how they actually run into your front line just to show off that you cannot kill them.Also mages who kite the hell out of everyone and end up with dozens of KB's and 300k in a warfront. Just the same warriors and rogues can do it too.

Bottom line is there is a TON of overpowered @#$% in this game, and all the forums are is rock complaining about paper while scissors thinks paper is awesome but wants you to nerf rock.

A ton of crap needs to be adjusted and it comes from different places due to the gear tht is available in this game. I guarantee you one thing, show me someone dropping everyone like flies and I bet my left nut they are not in full pvp gear. This pve crystal crap needs to **** of pvp.

Default I know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I have been in quite a few battles where the other team is fielding 6 or 7 rogues and they spend their time at our rez point and we end up spending our time rezzing. That can be loads of fun. It's no wonder so many players bug out when this happens. I said this once and I will say it a hundred times, make an immunity timer on all stun, trap, impede, silence and the likes. I have trepidation on my cleric and when it works (which isn't often) it only lasts until damage is taken. I don't want to see a rogue nerfed any more than my cleric but to be silenced and stunned to death without the option to defend myself is not much fun. If I were plowing over the rogue's they would be on the forum complaining about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast