+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Rogues, Viable in PvP?

Default Rogues, Viable in PvP?

I play a rogue, I always play a rogue, I'm quite good at playing a rogue. Now the pvp updates and class changes over the last few major patches have kind of left rogues in the dust.

Not really whining, but i would like to point out how they are currently a support DPS in PvP, unless you're the type of rogue who stealths around waiting to catch a noob alone.

Here's some randomly grabbed examples:

Warrior r40 dps (1.8)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_snP8OmTwc

Cleric r40 dps (1.8 [I couldn't quickly find one of a warfront that wasn't heal spec])
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK9cReHZjmA

Mage r40 dps (1.8)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNL0T_41Zw

Rogue r40 dps (1.7 [I can't actually FIND a high rank pvp video since 1.8])
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtAy4VeF-lQ
    1.7 was nice, you could get within 10m of a warrior without worrying about getting killed in 3 hits.

People are probably going to rage at me in this thread, it always happens when character balance is mentioned, but honestly look at the videos, other classes spammable skills crit for as much as rogue finishers, even a mage can survive better, and dots are usually outhealed by... anything really.

I'm generalizing, sorry, but basically, rogues have to pick and choose their targets so they don't get stomped, every other class runs around attacking the first thing they see. And no, being a rogue doesn't mean having to be careful of everything you attack just so you don't get killed by a noob, strategy and target selection is supposed to make you a deadly rogue, not a barely alive one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Marksman and just stay out of combat as much as possible and pick off the squishies.
    Going into melee means entering warrior zone. You don't want to enter the w-zone
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Rift Master

I may not be capped on my rogue, but I NEVER run melee with my rogue. MM with enough points in ranger for the slow. Spam speed boosting skills and slow, and combo shot or w/e when its not on cd

This means though, you have to use a certain spec just to stay alive, if most rogue souls are going to be melee based, don't make melee a death sentence in PvP.

There's things you can do to "get by" in pvp, I know that, but it doesn't change when you're r1 or r40, you have to stay away from everyone, or die, because everyone else, can kill you quite easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    This means though, you have to use a certain spec just to stay alive, if most rogue souls are going to be melee based, don't make melee a death sentence in PvP.

There's things you can do to "get by" in pvp, I know that, but it doesn't change when you're r1 or r40, you have to stay away from everyone, or die, because everyone else, can kill you quite easily.
    As someone else mentioned. Melee range is the warrior zone. You don't see clerics running druids or shamans in PvP. And very rarely you see someone in Justicar in PvP

I just had a druid heal through 51 Sab damage with cooldowns on the PTS...was pretty awesome...sigh...
    Sometimes I wonder why I even bother PvPing on my Rogue. Unless you use one of the lame, boring, unimaginative cookie cutter specs you might as well just run around with a costume weapon equipped auto attacking.

Do what I did, make a Cleric so you can actually enjoy PvP.
    Even free cost too much now

Not really whining
    Yes you are.

Rift Disciple

I tank warriors.

Hint, if you want a warrior to hit you just backpeddel, then you just pull them out of LOD of the pocket healer and F them up.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Drigr View Post
    As someone else mentioned. Melee range is the warrior zone. You don't see clerics running druids or shamans in PvP. And very rarely you see someone in Justicar in PvP
    The defining characteristic of a cleric is not melee. When you open a brand new game and you are given the option to select a class and one of them is a cleric/priest, what is your epxectation...it's that this is a healing class. When you select a rogue you expect a melee class with stealth. Rogues should not be pigeonholed in to a ranged role, which is not even the defining characteristic of it's class, in order to be viable in pvp.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Rift Disciple

Awesome tanky magic damage specs
    Awesome huge burst assassin damage specs
    Awesome flag etc carrying specs
    Awesome range damage specs

Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    Marksman and just stay out of combat as much as possible and pick off the squishies.
    Going into melee means entering warrior zone. You don't want to enter the w-zone
    whoa, i noticed a mistake...you said Marksmen instead of Sabotur
    GIRLPOWER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caution View Post
    Awesome tanky magic damage specs
    Awesome huge burst assassin damage specs
    Awesome flag etc carrying specs
    Awesome range damage specs
    Obviously not a rogue.

We are about as bad at flag carrying now as we were good at it before.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I play a rogue, I always play a rogue, I'm quite good at playing a rogue. Now the pvp updates and class changes over the last few major patches have kind of left rogues in the dust.

Not really whining, but i would like to point out how they are currently a support DPS in PvP, unless you're the type of rogue who stealths around waiting to catch a noob alone.

Here's some randomly grabbed examples:

Warrior r40 dps (1.8)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_snP8OmTwc

Cleric r40 dps (1.8 [I couldn't quickly find one of a warfront that wasn't heal spec])
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK9cReHZjmA

Mage r40 dps (1.8)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNL0T_41Zw

Rogue r40 dps (1.7 [I can't actually FIND a high rank pvp video since 1.8])
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtAy4VeF-lQ
    1.7 was nice, you could get within 10m of a warrior without worrying about getting killed in 3 hits.

People are probably going to rage at me in this thread, it always happens when character balance is mentioned, but honestly look at the videos, other classes spammable skills crit for as much as rogue finishers, even a mage can survive better, and dots are usually outhealed by... anything really.

I'm generalizing, sorry, but basically, rogues have to pick and choose their targets so they don't get stomped, every other class runs around attacking the first thing they see. And no, being a rogue doesn't mean having to be careful of everything you attack just so you don't get killed by a noob, strategy and target selection is supposed to make you a deadly rogue, not a barely alive one.
    What is this? I don't even.... are you trollin?

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    We are about as bad at flag carrying now as we were good at it before.
    LOL agree! Even in guardian phase a rogue is roflsauce w/o rift guard up...and you dont get rift guard unless you blink...and you cant blink holding the stone. QUICK someone deul me fast so i melee you and put guarded steal up real fast! ROFL
    GIRLPOWER!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast