+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Hide Wardrobe Button

Default Hide Wardrobe Button

I would really like to see the ability to hide the wardrobe feature while in a Wafront. I think it would be a good idea so people can see who is what rank on the other team making it easier to mark and focus more dangerous targets. Will also help low ranks as they can see who they should avoid and who might actually be a good fight, as well as who they should stick with. It should be an optional button so players who dont want to use it dont have to.

I think there should be check boxes to allow players to customise when they dont see the wardrobe:

-Hide Wardrobe in Open world
    -Hide Wardrobe in Dungeons
    -Hide Wardrobe in Warfronts
    -Always hide wardrobe for opposite faction
    -Dont hide my Wardrobe

All check boxes they leave blank will display wardrobe for that scenario, So the options I would tick are "Always hide wardrobe for opposite faction" "Dont hide my wardrobe" and "hide Wardrobe in Warfronts" so in the open world if i come across a player i can assess my chances against them and while in a Warfront i will know who to stay with and who to avoid. But at the same time I get to see my own wardrobe at all times (I know what armour I am wearing) and get to see other peoples wardrobes when doing PvE

Thoughts?
    Last edited by jaal; 06-15-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    I would really like to see the ability to hide the wardrobe feature while in a Wafront. I think it would be a good idea so people can see who is what rank on the other team making it easier to mark and focus more dangerous targets. Will also help low ranks as they can see who they should avoid and who might actually be a good fight, as well as who they should stick with. It should be an optional button so players who dont want to use it dont have to.

I think there should be check boxes to allow players to customise when they dont see the wardrobe:

-Hide Wardrobe in Open world
    -Hide Wardrobe in Dungeons
    -Hide Wardrobe in Warfronts
    -Always hide wardrobe for opposite faction
    -Dont hide my Wardrobe

All check boxes they leave blank will display wardrobe for that scenario, So the options I would tick are "Always hide wardrobe for opposite faction" "Dont hide my wardrobe" and "hide Wardrobe in Warfronts" so in the open world if i come across a player i can assess my chances against them and while in a Warfront i will know who to stay with and who to avoid. But at the same time I get to see my own wardrobe at all times (I know what armour I am wearing) and get to see other peoples wardrobes when doing PvE

Thoughts?
    Nah, I love the ability to obfuscate what I am running. People don't know if I'm running full pvp, or pvp/pve gear, or if I'm naked. All they see.. is whatever ridiculous outfit I decide to put on as wardrobe. A naked Kalari in cowboy boots and a french tickler helm from the water saga? That dude is scary!
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Champion

You can tell just about anyone's rank by how much HP they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Nah, I love the ability to obfuscate what I am running. People don't know if I'm running full pvp, or pvp/pve gear, or if I'm naked. All they see.. is whatever ridiculous outfit I decide to put on as wardrobe. A naked Kalari in cowboy boots and a french tickler helm from the water saga? That dude is scary!
    I think its important being able to see what you are attacking, in real life you wouldn't start a fight with anyone (well I'd hope never), you would first assess your chances of winning, If the guy was 6"8 and lived in a gym then you would just walk away. In a game where strength is dictated by gear being able to see it is an essential tactic and will allow players to play smart and hopefully encourage more enjoyable combat while playing.

Instead of jumping down and attacking the codex you can first peer over the edge and at a glance assess what your chances are

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    You can tell just about anyone's rank by how much HP they have.
    Thats great for 1v1 but when you have a 3 meets 3 in a warfront or when both sides meet in the middle for black garden are you going to click on each person to check their rank? Plus if they are wearing PvE gear their health will be low but they will still hit like a tank. But you could mark the guy in PvE gear knowing you can easily focus him to kill him. Also the health varies depending on what spec they are running.
    Last edited by jaal; 06-15-2012 at 09:16 AM.

I think its important being able to see what you are attacking, in real life you wouldn't start a fight with anyone (well I'd hope never), you would first assess your chances of winning, If the guy was 6"8 and lived in a gym then you would just walk away.
    This isn't real life.
    I sincerely doubt that the appearance of one's clothing would affect one's magical abilities.
    So based on that logic, remove the gear grind.

Again, quit asking for something that is largely inconsequential.
    Your idea defeats the entire purpose of having a wardrobe often.
    If you are not even bothering to check the rest of your targets by tossing a glance at their health, that is kind of your fault.

/cg_forcemodel
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

You're going to look at my wardrobe and you're going to like it.
    ~Quiescent

With all of the tells already in play, wardrobe is the dealbreaker for your ability to identify and classify targets? How did you ever manage in a game without assigned per-rank gear?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Umm no
    ~~ Euthan ~~

I think its important being able to see what you are attacking, in real life you wouldn't start a fight with anyone (well I'd hope never), you would first assess your chances of winning, If the guy was 6"8 and lived in a gym then you would just walk away. In a game where strength is dictated by gear being able to see it is an essential tactic and will allow players to play smart and hopefully encourage more enjoyable combat while playing.

Instead of jumping down and attacking the codex you can first peer over the edge and at a glance assess what your chances are
    Bah...just do what I do and assume your gonna annilate them. Shoot first ask questions later
    GIRLPOWER!!

No way. Sometimes I purposely use the wardrobe options to confuse noobies who are too naiive to figure out my class by something other than what I'm wearing. Cheap and dirty? Yep. Effective? Yep! That is, until they rez... ;)

No. Pre-mades need to be able to wear uniforms!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    No. Pre-mades need to be able to wear uniforms!
    can the uniforms come with fishnets?
    GIRLPOWER!!

Thats great for 1v1 but when you have a 3 meets 3 in a warfront or when both sides meet in the middle for black garden are you going to click on each person to check their rank? Plus if they are wearing PvE gear their health will be low but they will still hit like a tank. But you could mark the guy in PvE gear knowing you can easily focus him to kill him. Also the health varies depending on what spec they are running.
    You kinda figure it out by what type of weapons they have equipped, are doing, and what animations are going off while they're casting. There's no GCD on tab targetting or clicking a target....and it takes less than a second to figure out their rank and what class they are based off their buffs, their HP, and what spell they're currently casting if they're a bluebar.

If a blue bar is obnoxiously thrusting her chest out upwards in some type of "omg i'm about to crucified like jesus let me spread eagle my arms" animation while bunny hopping in the backline. It's a cleric.

If it's a 7.5K HP blue bar with lifegiving veil. It's a criminally undergeared chloro. Enjoy.
    If it's a 7.5k HP blue bar that's chest thrusting and has a ton of buff icons that are shades of blue. It's a decently geared Cleric.
    Last edited by Puzzlebox; 06-15-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast