+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: On Mage PvP, "Rogues should be a class that should be feared"

Default On Mage PvP, "Rogues should be a class that should be feared"

You nerfed lock into beyond uselessness, and about every mage soul combo but chloro/dom and pyro/dom into mediocre souls.

You state you want classes that are meant to be dps to be "feared" so you buffed rogue single target, ranged, and aoe sab dps, AND Warriors, yet you leave Mage broken, and their key aoe specs/survivability/utility dps specs broken?

What about Mages? I thought we were supposed to be the kings of AoE, and you nerfed Stormcaller as well.

What gives? Honestly, in my opinion you fail to live up to your own statements about dps classes in PvP. And you leave Mages hanging out to dry.

I can do more than fine spamming fireballs and squirells, and can hold my own, but even Pyro/Dom isn't a spec that can compete at the very top levels of gameplay due to the OPness of Rogues and Warriors.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    You nerfed lock into beyond uselessness, and about every mage soul combo but chloro/dom and pyro/dom into mediocre souls.

You state you want classes that are meant to be dps to be "feared" so you buffed rogue single target, ranged, and aoe sab dps, AND Warriors, yet you leave Mage broken, and their key aoe specs/survivability/utility dps specs broken?

What about Mages? I thought we were supposed to be the kings of AoE, and you nerfed Stormcaller as well.

What gives? Honestly, in my opinion you fail to live up to your own statements about dps classes in PvP. And you leave Mages hanging out to dry.

I can do more than fine spamming fireballs and squirells, and can hold my own, but even Pyro/Dom isn't a spec that can compete at the very top levels of gameplay due to the OPness of Rogues and Warriors.
    Whoa?!? you think warriors are OP? discuss
    GIRLPOWER!!

aux

Well someone needs to take the killing blows.
    I'm so BORED

You misunderstand - when the dev said he meant dps to be feared, he was suggesting that you CC them.

Dude if you are not dominating warfronts as a mage you're doing it wrong. I see mages top the charts in dps/kbs more than any other class. All of them have the ability to, but I see purple doing it more than any other personally. Purely anecdotal but just my observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Dude if you are not dominating warfronts as a mage you're doing it wrong. I see mages top the charts in dps/kbs more than any other class. All of them have the ability to, but I see purple doing it more than any other personally. Purely anecdotal but just my observation.
    OP briefly mentioned Pyro/Dom, but doesn't like it I guess? I agree, purple dominates quite a bit.
    Shayde@Seastone

Ascendant

It is perception. For a long time mages were extremely overpowered in pvp. When things become more balanced a class that is used to destroying everything without effort complains. It is human nature. Mages are damn good in pvp. Just because it is harder does not mean the class needs an adjustment.

Just stop. The last thing this game needs in terms of balance is a buff to mages.

Mages need buff to aoe specs, that is all I am asking.

If I could trade my rogue in for one calling, it would be a mage hands down. You guys play mages wrong imo.

Tbh sometimes its more of a, I would trade in my rogue for a mage if I could.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-15-2012 at 07:32 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    If I could trade my rogue in for one calling, it would be a mage hands down. You guys play mages wrong imo.

You'd regret it

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

You'd go right back to Rogue if you did that, believe me.

It's truly amazing the number of QQ posts like yours that whine about not being able to hold your own in ALL situations. You aren't SUPPOSED to come out on top all the time against any opponent or combination thereof. Nobody is ... that's the whole point of a dynamic PvP environment. If you as a mage can't do well much of the time (but not always) you're either playing a poor spec or you're playing it badly.

I'd probably be posting detailed posts here about how I dominate and play my mage fine. I think they are much harder to play than a rogue/warrior though. Cleric I just blow at so I can't comment much. Friction with that classes style.

I loved my rogue and thought she was deece before 1.5 though o.O. I do think overall many toons aren't played as well as they could. I see some mages shred things. They have lack of mobility going against them though which can make a rogue very tough to compete with sometimes in pvp. They can catch the enemy faster
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-15-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Grimt View Post
    It's truly amazing the number of QQ posts like yours that whine about not being able to hold your own in ALL situations. You aren't SUPPOSED to come out on top all the time against any opponent or combination thereof. Nobody is ... that's the whole point of a dynamic PvP environment. If you as a mage can't do well much of the time (but not always) you're either playing a poor spec or you're playing it badly.
    Rogues and warriors dominate everything, why shouldn't mages?

We can all dominate everything together!

No mages aren't 'broken'.

On another note, no class in rift should be feared. Skilled players behind the class are the ones who should be feared. Trion shouldn't make one class overpowered but the ability for good players to make that class OP, which in some sense is kinda true already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast