+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TheGrinnz
  • 1 Post By MitsuMarty

Thread: Can we get some server merges?

Default Can we get some server merges?

I came back to Rift last week, and it was rather a busy week. But jesus, mornings are horrible in the seastone cluster, WF queue pops are SLOW!

Need....more...people.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    I came back to Rift last week, and it was rather a busy week. But jesus, mornings are horrible in the seastone cluster, WF queue pops are SLOW!

Need....more...people.
    You should see Briarcliff. The place is literally a ghost town. People are actually selling stuff like orichalcum bars for almost 2p each because no one else is there to farm them. Adven on my server had a good idea. Just make a few servers seperated by type of play, ie. PVP, RP, etc.

Ascendant

There are quite few people left playing on certain servers, and you have all the tools you need to move to them. Merge the servers yourself by picking a more populated shard. PVP is dying because other games provide better PVP, PVP in Rift is more like a thing you do when you're bored of all the other stuff . . . but there is only so much time and so much other stuff.

I've always wished the pvp servers could just be merged into 1 or 2 servers from the get-go. Never saw the point is splitting them up. Obviously hardware capability is the bottleneck ultimately. I honestly can't even tab out crowded areas of meridian on Seastone though because I get D/C'd from all the people. Have to move to a low populated area where a million people don't come and go.

And yes Briarcliff is a ghost town. It's nice cause stuff sells high, when someone actually buys something. It sucks cause nobody sells stuff and when they do, it's super high.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

When Conquest and Storm Legion hit, you will see a better population as people return, possibly temporarily but there will definitely be more people.

Merging transfers is a good idea but is dangerous what with all the bad press that goes with it as people assume a game is failing (just look at SWTOR) even though an expansion is on its way!
    You've got red on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post

Need....more...people.
    Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    You should see Briarcliff. The place is literally a ghost town. People are actually selling stuff like orichalcum bars for almost 2p each because no one else is there to farm them. Adven on my server had a good idea. Just make a few servers seperated by type of play, ie. PVP, RP, etc.
    This can't be happening? It's just a fluke and not a sign of the times and the future? Aren't the pre-50 twinks leveling up and leaving the lower brackets because xp locking is about to be removed? Doesn't their removal from warfronts increase the number of PvP players? Aren't more of them leveling to 50 now and causing a decrease in queue times?

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    When Conquest and Storm Legion hit, you will see a better population as people return, possibly temporarily but there will definitely be more people.

Merging transfers is a good idea but is dangerous what with all the bad press that goes with it as people assume a game is failing (just look at SWTOR) even though an expansion is on its way!
    Better PvP population? I thought everything about 1.9 was related to leveling faster in PvE, instead of PvP (except for higher Ranks and Conquest being added is all?)

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Better PvP population? I thought everything about 1.9 was related to leveling faster in PvE, instead of PvP (except for higher Ranks and Conquest being added is all?)
    Yeah, who cares about a new 3-faction PvP mode, new gear, and more ranks?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

This can't be happening? It's just a fluke and not a sign of the times and the future? Aren't the pre-50 twinks leveling up and leaving the lower brackets because xp locking is about to be removed? Doesn't their removal from warfronts increase the number of PvP players? Aren't more of them leveling to 50 now and causing a decrease in queue times?

Are all of those really questions, or did you lose your other punctuation marks?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Are all of those really questions, or did you lose your other punctuation marks?
    Not sure if there is a punctuation mark for sarcasm :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Yeah, who cares about a new 3-faction PvP mode, new gear, and more ranks?
    That will fix everything that is currently wrong and keep me and others from face rolling new 50's. Can't wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I'd ask what you think the answer to that is, but I think it would be off topic.
    There isn't.

I thought the increase I've noticed in queue times was because others were playing other games or (gasp!) for other but unknown reasons there's fewer people now who want to PvP. But that can't be right! So I asked some questions. Sure, some sarcasm is evident but the questions are honest.
    Last edited by Taptap; 06-14-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling

There is! http://02d9656.netsoljsp.com/SarcMar...es/loadhome.do

That will fix everything that is currently wrong and keep me and others from face rolling new 50's. Can't wait!
    Wow. You want to hit 50 and have ID/R50 gear in the mail? As a guy with no characters above T2 gear, the disparity isn't that large. The class imbalance isn't awful. Yes NB/RS rogues bug me so I switch to MM on my rogue and Eradicate them; making them beyond useless. Yes sabs blow me up, so I kill them. Yes Brostorm warriors bother me, so I root and strafe away. It's all l2p issues.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Merridwyn View Post
    Lol, mirror image of a capital G letter to indicate sarcasm! I love it! I used webpagetest.org to view it, since I prefer to keep my IP address private when visiting private residentially hosted sites like that one seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Wow. You want to hit 50 and have ID/R50 gear in the mail? As a guy with no characters above T2 gear, the disparity isn't that large. The class imbalance isn't awful. Yes NB/RS rogues bug me so I switch to MM on my rogue and Eradicate them; making them beyond useless. Yes sabs blow me up, so I kill them. Yes Brostorm warriors bother me, so I root and strafe away. It's all l2p issues.
    Huh? No, I have 4 level 50's already, Rogue not played since just before they went to R40 (it's old fully geared rank was R8 which is now R38), and a Mage that is now, I think, R32 and was beyond R12 before xp locking or bolstering went into effect. And 2 pre-50 alts, but I haven't played either of them since about 1 week after xp locking went into effect, concentrating on my Mage. I have no complaints on these forums anywhere by me related to balance or complaining about ME getting rofflstomped. I don't get whumped any more than normal for my ranks, and you won't find any posts with me whining that I have been, but I eat n00b 50's (and then feel bad about it). All my comments have been about how the system treats new players, not me (I'm an old timer that didn't get ANY of the PvP benefits that came later!)

All my comments have been about how the system treats new players, not me (I'm an old timer that didn't get ANY of the PvP benefits that came later!)
    Edit timer went out. I should elaborate and say that I view myself as a proponent for changes that will encourage fair and fun PvP play as well as an ever increasing population of new PvP players. I do not complain about class imbalances or about being stomped on due to imbalances or higher ranked players, that's not where I've been forever coming from. I complain about the PvP system itself, not myself, and try to point out what should be obvious. I want to see the game succeed and profit and be played by more, not less, players. When I see that PvP Shards are supposedly failing due to declining populations, or that queues are supposedly increasing for some reason, it's a red flag for me and I think it should be for anyone who wants to see PvP work long term in a fun manner. These ongoing band aids aren't cutting it, IMO, they just make things convoluted and fix nothing.

Edit timer went out. I should elaborate and say that I view myself as a proponent for changes that will encourage fair and fun PvP play as well as an ever increasing population of new PvP players. I do not complain about class imbalances or about being stomped on due to imbalances or higher ranked players, that's not where I've been forever coming from. I complain about the PvP system itself, not myself, and try to point out what should be obvious. I want to see the game succeed and profit and be played by more, not less, players. When I see that PvP Shards are supposedly failing due to declining populations, or that queues are supposedly increasing for some reason, it's a red flag for me and I think it should be for anyone who wants to see PvP work long term in a fun manner. These ongoing band aids aren't cutting it, IMO, they just make things convoluted and fix nothing.
    I agree. If it throws up a red flag for people like us, the gamer with no numbers to actually tell. It should throw a huge flag up to Trion, the people that actually monitor the numbers everyday.

+ Reply to Thread