+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Leaving the warfronts

Soulwalker

Default Leaving the warfronts

Way too many people are leaving the warfronts to protect their leader board stats when a match starts to look like it is gonna be a loss, the way it should work is if you leave it is counted as a loss. I know some people have to leave for real life reasons or to go to a raid things like that, this would not hurt these people so badly because it would only happen a time or two a week . But the people that do it over and over to avoid a loss would not leave because they would still get a loss and have a 15 minute debuff so they couldnt return to the warfront. I know the cheaters out there that are doing this will not like the idea but oh well

I'm pretty sure these people aren't leaving Warfronts because they want to protect leaderboard status, because no one on earth gives two cents about leaderboards. And this is coming from a guy who's on top of most of them.

They're leaving because they don't want to have to deal with a faceroll loss, which I can attest to.
    Edit: Oh, some cool guy came up with an idea to help prevent poorly matched Warfronts though, you should totally check out and support his thread here.
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-13-2012 at 08:31 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I'm pretty sure these people aren't leaving Warfronts because they want to protect leaderboard status, because no one on earth gives two cents about leaderboards. And this is coming from a guy who's on top of most of them.

They're leaving because they don't want to have to deal with a faceroll loss, which I can attest to.
    Edit: Oh, some cool guy came up with an idea to help prevent poorly matched Warfronts though, you should totally check out and support his thread here.
    i see what you did there

Soulwalker

sure is funny then to see people that are in my diamond group leave with 5 minutes or less left on the clock, dont want to put up with 5 more minutes of a loss so the leave to get a 15 minute debuff, hmm not sure that one makes sense, ill go with what i said and say they are trying to keep their wins up

Quote Originally Posted by Savyor View Post
    sure is funny then to see people that are in my diamond group leave with 5 minutes or less left on the clock, dont want to put up with 5 more minutes of a loss so the leave to get a 15 minute debuff, hmm not sure that one makes sense, ill go with what i said and say they are trying to keep their wins up
    When you lose, it doesn't even count against you for anything on the leaderboards. Everything on the leaderboards is quantity-based. Losing doesn't matter at all. Total wins is unaffected by losses. That's why leaderboards are so awful, none of it is measured in ratios. You top the leaderboards by playing more than everyone else.

If they really wanted to streamline the process, they would just clock our /played every week and rank us by that.
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-13-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    ~Quiescent

I leave when there's no healer and when I notice everyone is in greens or worthless HK gear.

I can't waste their time in their HK raids, I hate they get to waste mine in the only pvp I'm given.

Mei

lol leaderboards
    Fluent

Who cares about leader boards... they are still buggy as hell and really don't show a damn thing.

People leave because they don't want to deal with crappy teams. A good portion of the time its folks just trying to get a win out of the way for the daily quest. Once a loss is guaranteed.. they bail and do other things before re-queuing.

Rift Disciple

Losing doesn't affect your leaderboard stats, Damage done, Healing, taking control points, healing control points, Number of Wins, Running Flags, Returning Flags, Carrying Flags. Yup nothing in there about losing. People are leaving more then likely because they probably don't want to waste 10-20 minutes getting farmed simple as that leaderboards are fluff nothing more.

This isn't Call of Duty.

WTF is a Leaderboard??

Seriously... I just try not to care, I think the last time I looked at it I was like horrible on the leaderboard LOL. Then again, I've been doing more raids and grinding PAs.

Its a quantity thing, the longer you are on the more you will achieve and the better you "look". Don't be fooled though, it does not mean your the most awesome PvPer if your tops on the leaderboard, it usually means that you spent more time in pvp for that week, like for the past few weeks I just been casually playing in pvp as I wait for 1.9 but I have been grinding the crqap out of PAs so I can get as much of an edge as I can for when the new stuff comes out. Expect to see a big difference when 1.9 drops, more of the hardcore players will have something to shoot for and thus, MAY become competitive.

As for me, I'll just swing my sword around and continue letting Guardians jump into my meat grinder of death known as Corned Beef or something... I don't know anymore, I'm tired... Good night.

Only leaderboards i care about are ones in gw2, WvW/sPvp.

Quote Originally Posted by redrox View Post
    Losing doesn't affect your leaderboard stats, Damage done, Healing, taking control points, healing control points, Number of Wins, Running Flags, Returning Flags, Carrying Flags. Yup nothing in there about losing. People are leaving more then likely because they probably don't want to waste 10-20 minutes getting farmed simple as that leaderboards are fluff nothing more.
    This exactly. How many pve'ers bail on dungeons when their group lacks a healer? Oh wait, pve matchmaking works properly.
    Shayde@Seastone

Sometimes bailing on a WF is just good for the soul.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

I leave a WF when my T2 Queue pops.
    Rallick - HE Cleric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast