Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 160
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: The Problem with removing Exp Lock

  1. #91
    Rift Chaser MitsuMarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vickuz View Post
    I was not aware that common sense was telling people why he/she thinks they play the game and why they will or will not quit

    It's like doing what EA did last month when commenting about SWTORs huge population drop "the majority of the players that quit were not hardcore gamer's, and that's why they left."
    Not sure I was reading the same post as you O_o. I didn't see any points there saying your playing because of this. There are infact only 2 things to do in this game afterall. PvP or PvE. He simply put all the options on the table for YOU to figure out which one pertains to YOU. He didn't put names next to the bullet points, he didn't say 2.)Vickuz your playing because you like PvE. Simple questions, why do you primarily play rift? Was it to play PvP? PvE? or both? And if so, here are valid reasons on why you shouldn't quit due to low level wfs.

    Edit in regards to your edit. Do you really think Meina's post and EA's comment are in the same category? He didn't say people quit for such and such reason. Except for the obvious one, they just didn't like the game.
    Last edited by MitsuMarty; 06-15-2012 at 01:38 PM.

  2. #92
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    Not sure I was reading the same post as you O_o. I didn't see any points there saying your playing because of this. There are infact only 2 things to do in this game afterall. PvP or PvE. He simply put all the options on the table for YOU to figure out which one pertains to YOU. He didn't put names next to the bullet points, he didn't say 2.)Vickuz your playing because you like PvE. Simple questions, why do you primarily play rift? Was it to play PvP? PvE? or both? And if so, here are valid reasons on why you shouldn't quit due to low level wfs.

    Edit in regards to your edit. Do you really think Meina's post and EA's comment are in the same category? He didn't say people quit for such and such reason. Except for the obvious one, they just didn't like the game.
    I think you failed to understand my post, maybe try reading it again?

  3. #93
    Rift Chaser MitsuMarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vickuz View Post
    I think you failed to understand my post, maybe try reading it again?
    Ditto?

  4. #94
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    Ditto?

    I understood perfectly, no one can possibly know that someone is unlikely to quit because they are aware of the "gear gap" in MMOs that have PVP . All this person did was rant on about why he thinks that people will or will not quit he had a phew valid points but some just didn't make any sense it was mostly assumptions. but hey, thanks for letting me know that you think common sense means wild assumptions you saved me a lot of time today.

  5. #95
    Rift Chaser MitsuMarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vickuz View Post
    I understood perfectly, no one can possibly know that someone is unlikely to quit because they are aware of the "gear gap" in MMOs that have PVP . All this person did was rant on about why he thinks that people will or will not quit he had a phew valid points but some just didn't make any sense it was mostly assumptions. but hey, thanks for letting me know that you think common sense means wild assumptions you saved me a lot of time today.
    Were they direct answers? Did he infact say, if they PvE they most definitely will not quit due to twinks? No he said it is highly unlikely because let's face it. Common sense says if you want to pvp, but don't like the 1-49 bracket. Get to 50 and pvp there. If you paid a monthly sub fee, would you quit the game before hitting 50 because of your pvp experience while leveling even though you liked the pve aspect? No, chances are it's because it just wasn't for you, you won't play enough to justify the sub fee, or just decided to move onto another game.

  6. #96
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    Were they direct answers? Did he infact say, if they PvE they most definitely will not quit due to twinks? No he said it is highly unlikely because let's face it. Common sense says if you want to pvp, but don't like the 1-49 bracket. Get to 50 and pvp there. If you paid a monthly sub fee, would you quit the game before hitting 50 because of your pvp experience while leveling even though you liked the pve aspect? No, chances are it's because it just wasn't for you, you won't play enough to justify the sub fee, or just decided to move onto another game.
    Common sense says if everyone is tired of lvl 10-49 warfronts because of EXP lock remove it. Why should paying customers have to skip 10-49 pvp for the convenience of the phew that choose to lock their EXP? and saying something is very highly unlikely to happen is still making an assumption, not common sense.

  7. #97
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    For a guy trying to paint the picture that people aren't 'understanding' his posts and are incorrect in making "assumptions" (which are actually hypothetical generalizations), you sure do like to not get what people are talking about and falsely represent their positions an awful lot.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  8. #98
    Ascendant bitnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    Imagine your in the UFC and your fighting your way to the belt, would you want them to put pansies in front of you until the title fight and then BAM you get f'n owned?
    To be fair, some people don't consider twinking to be proof you're not a pansy.

  9. #99
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    For a guy trying to paint the picture that people aren't 'understanding' his posts and are incorrect in making "assumptions" (which are actually hypothetical generalizations), you sure do like to not get what people are talking about and falsely represent their positions an awful lot.
    And you sure like to make off topic posts without reading much, so what's your point? and you sure do like to not get? I don't understand half of what you are trying to tell me.

  10. #100
    Telaran Huzzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vickuz View Post
    Common sense says if everyone is tired of lvl 10-49 warfronts because of EXP lock remove it. Why should paying customers have to skip 10-49 pvp for the convenience of the phew that choose to lock their EXP? and saying something is very highly unlikely to happen is still making an assumption, not common sense.
    Except for the fact that the real 'twinks' are wearing gear only really accessible to folks that have played a long time, and gear that's not in line the rest of the gear/level system, to boot - the problem is not xp lock. It's the gear issues that Trion has failed to address.

    Folks keep pointing out that xp lock is so bad, but really, if Trion fixed the over-the-top enchants, augments, and focuses that are making twinks so OP... xp lock itself wouldn't be much of an issue.
    Huzzah - Rogue -=- Rhowyn - Cleric
    Head Wench of <Shiny> Defiant, Wolfsbane
    (Formerly <Serenity> of Sunrest, may the shard rest in peace)

  11. #101
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vickuz View Post
    and you sure do like to not get? I don't understand half of what you are trying to tell me.
    Well, I'm assuming you must enjoy "not getting" things, which is why you keep doing it.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  12. #102
    Rift Chaser MitsuMarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    To be fair, some people don't consider twinking to be proof you're not a pansy.
    Lol, I hope you know what I meant by that statement. Bad analogy I know, but I was watching some clips at the time so it was in my head at that moment.

  13. #103
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    Pure ignorance as well as proof that some people spew useless **** without reading anything.
    Stopped reading there. Talk like a mature adult and I might bother to continue a discussion with you.

  14. #104
    Rift Chaser MitsuMarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Stopped reading there. Talk like a mature adult and I might bother to continue a discussion with you.
    Seriously, responses like this are more immature than the line you quoted. Why quit reading? debates are made for both sides to listen and discuss. There is no debate if your close-minded and dead set on your ways. Hence, your response. The post you created, I read, because if you make a point on something I was ignorant too, I'll take that into consideration at the very least. At best, you've made a point on something I was clearly wrong about, I apologize, and agree with you. Maybe you should grow up before instructing others to do so.

  15. #105
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I would hope that Trion learned from Blizz's mistakes. When Blizz tried to end the twinks they lost thier first few million subs, but they were ok with that lol That was the beginning of thier downfall.
    I go in a regular bg and the behavior in there is worse than any of the pre-wrath bgs where twinks were allowed.

    When a company begins listening to children complaining and pouting about "too hard, not fair because it takes some work" it goes the way of wow. These same whiners are the ones that will jump to the next new xbox game or f2p that comes out. It is the players that actually invest the time and thought into thier toons that will stay. Easier is no fun for anyone...just very boring : P

    I hope it is not 'blind faith', but I do believe that Trion is too intelligent to dumb down this game for the youngsters with short attention spans that will only be playing a short time before changing games no matter what changes Trion makes. That is just the way of the immature mindset.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts