Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 160
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: The Problem with removing Exp Lock

  1. #46
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    Hahahaha.

    Uhm, sure, if this helps you sleep better at night
    Remember herbdoctor?

    "These grandfathered item exploits are balanced, you all are just stupid for not thinking of them."
    ~Quiescent

  2. #47
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Remember herbdoctor?

    "These grandfathered item exploits are balanced, you all are just stupid for not thinking of them."
    ahahah or "you're just mad because you can't find any of the good exploits on google, and us at stay qualm thought ahead to exploit them properly by sending items with burning power stone already on them to our alts in the mail so the buff stays on the weapon until it's taken out" lulz

  3. #48
    Ascendant Pixel Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    the op obviously hasnt tried a full soul tree at level 19
    low level pvp is going to be a lot of fun ..for everyone.. after this
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 06-14-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    who took my names!

  4. #49
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    Sure, but we'd need someone to test it. Kyera, you interested?
    I have no problem logging on a mule while I'm doing other things and hitting a queue button to track things. I could easily check the 10-19 and 30-39 with my two mules. What sort of sample size do we want? I might not have time to get a good sample before the patch drops, mind you, bc my evening play time has been pretty limited and I've been using it on PvP dailies (for bankrolling favor, since I'm not capped yet), the IA daily, crafting dailies (six professions/two characters), and uh sometimes the Stillmoor dailies (I'm still not glorified on my rogue, wtb cross-account notoriety).

    Edit: Missed this before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    ...How many threads/posts have you made on the subject? Bit of a pot/kettle scenario there...
    One thread that was a direct response to a 'challenge' to 'compete' without relying on the top tier crafted/planarite/BoA gear. Several posts in established topics providing rationale (with supporting examples/evidence) for my arguments. Probably a couple hundred, at least, given what I remember my post count being two months ago, though that also includes all of my other comments regarding PvP (and the rare class post/piece of feedback).

    Zero threads or posts crying about it's implementation/removal or pre-emptively (i.e. without being provoked, and not as a sarcastic response) chastising pro- or anti-twinks for a variety of things without reading threads, being aware of the situation/environment in lower-level brackets, or paying attention.

    Try harder, please.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-14-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  5. #50
    Rift Chaser MannSeastone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I have no problem logging on a mule while I'm doing other things and hitting a queue button to track things. I could easily check the 10-19 and 30-39 with my two mules. What sort of sample size do we want?
    Up to you, I think we'd only need data from the 10-19 bracket.

    Majn
    Be healed and be well.

  6. #51
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    Up to you, I think we'd only need data from the 10-19 bracket.
    I think I'd want to cover both. Maybe I'll try and grab five a night from each bracket (just the time-to-pop, not actually playing them) from here to 1.9, and then the first two or three weeks of 1.9 (time permitting)?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  7. #52
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I think I'd want to cover both. Maybe I'll try and grab five a night from each bracket (just the time-to-pop, not actually playing them) from here to 1.9, and then the first two or three weeks of 1.9 (time permitting)?
    You seem awfully upset about trion removing twinking, I'm just curious if twinking is not giving you an advantage and everyone can do it why do you do it? do you get free cotton candy?

  8. #53
    Telaran Huzzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    It really surprises me how ignorant so many players are about the game they play. After getting my arse beat on my xp-locked level 19 toon, over and over, by level 12's clearly xp-locked (because I saw them day after day after day in WF's still at level 12... I started looking at their gear when one or the other of us got merc'd onto the other's team. Holy shnikies, Batman! Purple event merchant gear (hats, rings, necks, trinkets) (blue weapons), 6 essence focuses full of purple event token essences, crafted gear clearly made with 300 skill purple augments, with much higher level notoriety merchant enchants (read: notoriety runes from zones such as Moonshade & Droughtlands, which no 10-19 should have access to for a great many levels)...

    Well, hells, I've played since release, have lots of old tokens, 300-skill crafters, and lots of notoriety all over the lands. So, I twinked out to see what it was like. You know what? Those same level 12's that had been beating the crap out of me, still did so. Yes, I could beat the snot out of a newer player in relatively crappy gear, even when they were also level 19. But those lower level twinked-out toons, they dodged or blocked like whoa, I flat out missed against them repeatedly, etc, and they were still just hard to damage.

    Why is that? I'm in the same gear - but they're getting far better percentages from their extras, and their much-lower-level abilities... hit harder than mine. Holy shnikies, Batman!

    But, y'all are right. Clearly the entirety of the problem is about xp-locking. Has nothing to do with gear that can have inappropriate-to-level enchants placed on it, as well as augments that shouldn't be applicable to that level of gear. Has nothing to do with bolster over-amplifying stats and making a level 12 hit like they're level 25 versus a 19.

    To those saying that queue times will improve once the xp-locked twinks are gone... clearly never tried to play in a lower level warfront prior to xp-locking. I did, numerous times, because I much prefer to level via warfronts. However, they rarely popped. There weren't enough new players at that level to inhabit the queues, and folks leveling alts didn't account for enough of a difference to cause pops, either, even with cross-server queues. Personally, I anticipate that becoming the norm again within 2-4 weeks of xp-lock being removed. Introducing low-level IA's is another nail in the coffin for low-level warfronts. It's something else to do that will cause folks to fly through levels. Which, hey, if you're in a hurry to get to 50, that's awesome.

    The thing is, some of us have done all the BS to get to 50 (multiple times, for many of us), and realized that you can't experience everything a level bracket has to offer, because you level too quickly. If you PvP a bit, you outlevel dungeon brackets. If you run some dungeons, you outlevel the PvP favor/notoriety. Spend some time on either of those lines of play, and you're missing zone notoriety. If you quest to complete your zone notoriety, you outlevel the PvP and dungeons... See where I'm going with this? Some of us actually like xp-lock because we can do what we enjoy, and do all of it, without missing out on stuff at the level it's meant for. Do you really think lowering yourself to someone else's level to help them with their stuff is going to be the same? Seems like a cheap tradeoff to me.

    Anyway, I've argued against the issue of xp-lock not being the real problem in lower-tier warfronts, but it seems folks are really gung-ho for their perception that it's all about xp-lock, and don't even comprehend the true problem of gear and Ascended Courage imbalances that Trion should have corrected, instead of taking the easy way out and just pulling xp-lock. Removing xp-lock isn't going to make any improvements to the leveling experience, nor to whatever warfront queues there are, because long-time players can still put on all that snazzy gear and beat the snot out of the newer folks, because Trion hasn't addressed those very real issues. Perhaps that isn't as likely, as the reward vs. cost/effort won't be as... rewarding... but then again, neither are timely queue pops. Sounds like a lose/lose situation to me, for those that enjoy lower level warfronts.
    Huzzah - Rogue -=- Rhowyn - Cleric
    Head Wench of <Shiny> Defiant, Wolfsbane
    (Formerly <Serenity> of Sunrest, may the shard rest in peace)

  9. #54
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    There needs to be a different category of infraction.

    Like, "rude to a member of the community, but they totally deserved it, 0.5 points".
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  10. #55
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    Yes, Kyera, please do not let trollers get teh best of you.

    As for you Vickuz, you *really* missed the mark on why Kyera is 'testing' out the warfronts. She's not even JOINING them, she's just queueing for them and logging pre and post 1.9 patch warfront times.

    Educate yourself on where I, and many others, stood on twinking, and even read her thread about the supposed gear disparity.

    There were some unfair mechanics when twinking *first* came about. They had been primarily dealt with. The only gear gap derived from lazy players to lazy to deck themselves out because they will just out level it in 2 levels anyways, why bother.

    BECAUSE IT IMPACTS YOUR PERFORMANCE!

    *takes a deep breath*

    This thread is NOT about twinks. Its about the supposed (and I wager very real) possibility that removing exp lock and implementing IA's for lower levels will significantly impact queue times in lower level warfronts and therefore, fewer warfronts across the board will happen. And then, people will join PvP until level 50, and be shocked by the brick wall that is P40's.

    But, my only other 'guestimation' on this is that people will be so funneled into 50 PvP that there will be a slew of ranked matches instead all P's together for a death match consisting of who has the most P40's.

    *sighs* and I have two level 50's. I've long since abandoned PvP on my cleric. Such a headache. Spent too much time CC'd , and this was before the nerf. So, I came back to teh game, and picked up my rogue. You know, I thought I had her to P8, but I log in, and she's only P1!! *cries* Seriously, so I go into a warfront and I swear, the reason I love low level PvP??

    Less of you elitist jerks, I swear. My team raged the entire time because i had 7 deaths and was soooo lolbad. Dudes, I'm not even P2! And all I got was L2P. -_-

    Yes, L2P when all I can do is plink a warrior with a bow once and then run for my life to have a life expectancy longer than a snowball in the viod.
    I have read kyeras posts in other threads and I'm afraid you're wrong about where this person stands on twinking. And anyone that isn't being healed and isn't a tank will die just as fast as you do, people don't realize a p40 is useless alone without a healer. the idea is to work as a team, the team that works best together will win. there is no soloing in lvl 50 warfronts like there is in lower level brackets. and to be honest I don't really care where you stand on twinking. Also, if you want to think the whimsical things i say are trolling you're more than welcome too. When i say "do you expect free cotton candy?" it's a joke, it's not meant to make anyone angry on the contrary it's meant to stop people from making rude and ignorant posts like you see above. (they will probably be gone by the time you see this)

  11. #56
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    There needs to be a different category of infraction.

    Like, "rude to a member of the community, but they totally deserved it, 0.5 points".
    That's not an excuse for being rude and straying off topic, like you are now. I'm trying to discuss something with you and all you can do is make rude remarks and insult my intelligence.

  12. #57
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vickuz View Post
    I have read kyeras posts in other threads and I'm afraid you're wrong about where this person stands on twinking.
    Apparently not, because then you'd have known why I twinked and what my position is w.r.t. twinking and its implications.

    Either that, or you did, and you disregarded them so you could, in fact, bait/troll me into an infraction.

    So, kudos, bro. Build up that e-cred.

    Edit: P.S. As for going off-topic, I think you did that in the first place by asking me why I did it.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-14-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  13. #58
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Apparently not, because then you'd have known why I twinked and what my position is w.r.t. twinking and its implications.

    Either that, or you did, and you disregarded them so you could, in fact, bait/troll me into an infraction.

    So, kudos, bro. Build up that e-cred.

    Edit: P.S. As for going off-topic, I think you did that in the first place by asking me why I did it.
    EXP lock and twinking go hand in hand, asking why you do it is not in anyway off topic and if it was my post would have been deleted. I am not trying to bait you or troll you, you chose to be rude. I had nothing to do with it. And, I'm not trying to offend you here, but from what I have read it seems to you twink because it's easier than lvl 50 pvp because you can run in solo and kill everything with little or no team work, that isn't "different strategy" it's horribly unbalanced and that's why it's going to be removed in 1.9. do you think they are removing it just to watch people argue in forums? I don't think so.

  14. #59
    Shield of Telara Starsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Orange, FL
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    The only reason we gave against a 'seperate exp locked' warfront was queue impacts.

    It's so nice to see you haven't lost your vitriol. At least somethings in life are consistent.
    No, you guys didn't want seperate ques because there was not enough people supporting the line of smoke you were blowing about why you wanted twinking in the first place.

    It's nice to see you still whinning and blowing the same smoke as always and still being wrong, lol. Wham bam twinking is gone! So much for the "twinking is here to stay so shut up" rhetoric. Mentoring allows the PVERs to experience all the content they want at a challange level they want without the griefing of people wanting to do WFs as they level by twinkers. I am all for griefing, but on an even keel in the open world, not in canned pvp environments.

  15. #60
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Oh, and since the post where I gave you the tl;dr also got deleted, just in case you did miss that:

    It's different. Different specs, different playstyles, different abilities, different dynamics, different hierarchies, different threats, different speed, different strategies, different players.

    Edit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Vickuz View Post
    EXP lock and twinking go hand in hand, asking why you do it is not in anyway off topic and if it was my post would have been deleted.
    His thread is about the potential impact of the removal of XP lock on other facets of the game, not "what is the motivation of twinks", even if motivation may be a topic. Besides, OT posts don't necessarily get removed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vickuz View Post
    I am not trying to bait you or troll you, you chose to be rude. I had nothing to do with it. And, I'm not trying to offend you here, but from what I have read it seems to you twink because it's easier than lvl 50 pvp because you can run in solo and kill everything with little or no team work, that isn't "different strategy" it's horribly unbalanced and that's why it's going to be removed in 1.9. do you think they are removing it just to watch people argue in forums? I don't think so.
    The statement in red contradicts the statement in blue, especially if you're claiming to be familiar with my posts and position on XP locking and twinking, which you clearly, clearly are not. If you are not trying to bait or troll, and you are not trying to be rude, perhaps you should frame your post in a different manner, especially with a post history that is ragging on twinks.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-14-2012 at 03:32 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts