+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Came back and brought 5 friends with me only to fail vs Twinks

Shadowlander

Default Came back and brought 5 friends with me only to fail vs Twinks

This is absolutely stupid. I am taking break from WoW and decided to actually see if I could have any fun playing this game.
    Experience in 30's bracket - following. Rift storm 100-0, 39 Rogue opener down to 0%. And I was bashing WoW LvLing PvP but this game is just as worse.

I am just wondering which developer ever thought that allowing twinks in a game is a good idea? How in a world would you ever justify the "fun" when you are facing fully decked out 9 levels higher player?

Oh well thought would be a good idea bringing community back make a few videos and actually have fun. But I really was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhartt View Post
    This is absolutely stupid. I am taking break from WoW and decided to actually see if I could have any fun playing this game.
    Experience in 30's bracket - following. Rift storm 100-0, 39 Rogue opener down to 0%. And I was bashing WoW LvLing PvP but this game is just as worse.

I am just wondering which developer ever thought that allowing twinks in a game is a good idea? How in a world would you ever justify the "fun" when you are facing fully decked out 9 levels higher player?

Oh well thought would be a good idea bringing community back make a few videos and actually have fun. But I really was mistaken.
    Give a little time when 1.9 hits. It will change the locked xp and twinks plus Conquest.

Ascendant

you play in a 6man premade and get stomped over? lol ...

well just to care to you trion doesnt allow twinking anymore in wf with next patch. You have about 2 Weeks time from now to find new excuses for your losses ^^

Twinks dead in a week (maybe?) with new patch 1.9
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-13-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Mei

just as worse.
    10 characters
    Fluent

snip
    Dude, didn't you look at the PTS part of the forums?
    They are removing exp lock in 1.9

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post

Give a little time when 1.9 hits. It will change the locked xp and twinks plus Conquest.
    Yes. Most twinks that can cause what the OP complains about will be force leveled to the next bracket or to level 50, or will quit playing their twink toons, in due time. Patience, the time grows near.

I'd be very interested in seeing what the OP and others have to say about PvP in pre-50 brackets some time after 1.9 adds new stuff and also has had a chance to have an impact on twinking. I'd also like to see what the OP thinks after playing PvP as a new level 50 about 30 days. I'm hoping that everything will go really well (no sarcasm intended).

Rift Disciple

Yep, twinks are going away in 1.9. I still don't understand the idea behind them but whatever. They are a pain when you want to do a little pvp while leveling.

I don't think the focus was on pvp but rather how fast one levels out of a zone before doing half the quests. Leveling isn't a problem in Rift. Twinking is the unintended result though. And twinking is so easy. Unlike WoW where one had to farm in areas for special drops. (Never did get those assassin blades I so wanted.), in Rift, participating in the World Events, crafting or even just using the pvp gear available one ended up at twink. Uber twinks had access to rep augs w/o level requirements.

That being, shame on those who level to 50 and wear crap greens with out a sigil slot filled. 50 is a meat grind that has 40 levels to it. Ready for that?

Soulwalker

It is so sad that Trion is already starting to repeat the same mistake Blizz made.
    Catering to those that do not want to work for anything to be better but would prefer crying about not having the same items as those who do put in the time and effort to better thier toons.

Guess I will cancel my family's 6 subs here and go back to wow til a mmo with some brass comes out.
    I feel terrible that I told so many people that this was a repaired wow and they also switched to Rift.
    Many that had not played since Blizz made this same mistake when Wrath came out.
    I even convinced one of my raiding/pvp guilds to move to Rift that has been together since wow began.

Apologies to everyone I unintentionally led astray : (

Twinks will still be around as they were before xp locking. Nothing prevents any of us from creating them, then deleting and starting over. Costly and time consuming, yes. Viva la twinks!

That being said, it sounds like the op is mad because he couldn't dominate as a level 30. Which will be the same wake up call every ten levels. Good prep for a fresh 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    you play in a 6man premade and get stomped over? lol ...

well just to care to you trion doesnt allow twinking anymore in wf with next patch. You have about 2 Weeks time from now to find new excuses for your losses ^^
    Dude seriously WTH? he clearly said he came with 5 NEW players to the game so they are not going to be great and they are just having some fun together. Why do the PvPers need to get one up on everyone who posts? Perhaps a better idea would have been to suggest what him and his friends could have done better

In PvE forums "I cant down this boss" the replies are offering to help the player.

In PvP forums "Everytime i enter i get destroyed by r40's/twinks" the replies are telling him to stop being a carebare and that everyone knows you have to grind 40 prestige ranks before PvP is allowed to be fun.

Also in reply to your post. As long as twinks remain (they are getting removed next patch) it will be a good idea to not enter the bracket until you are level 37+, also you and your friends should enter with a balanced team (one or two of you heal) and if you stick together you will be far mroe effective

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    Also in reply to your post. As long as twinks remain (they are getting removed next patch) it will be a good idea to not enter the bracket until you are level 37+, also you and your friends should enter with a balanced team (one or two of you heal) and if you stick together you will be far mroe effective
    I first levelled through WF just after the game went live. It took a while.

It seems since then WF xp gain has been increased. I'm nearly mid 30's after 4-5 days of WFs, only an hour here or there. Thats getting destroyed by twinks too.

It's just a case of sucking it up and going with it, and once one gets around the twinks level, they usually arent that great - just their high dmg carried a lack of skill (case in point - we've won many games against them by going for objectives, wheras the biggest twinks simply run around pewpewing with no regards to anything else - from my experience so far anyway).
    Last edited by Misterjingo; 06-16-2012 at 12:39 AM.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    Dude seriously WTH? he clearly said he came with 5 NEW players to the game so they are not going to be great and they are just having some fun together. Why do the PvPers need to get one up on everyone who posts? Perhaps a better idea would have been to suggest what him and his friends could have done better

In PvE forums "I cant down this boss" the replies are offering to help the player.

In PvP forums "Everytime i enter i get destroyed by r40's/twinks" the replies are telling him to stop being a carebare and that everyone knows you have to grind 40 prestige ranks before PvP is allowed to be fun.
    a) I'm trying to find the part where he said 'new players to the game'.
    b) Assuming they were new to the game, he himself is a seasoned MMO player, and I would have to assume some of the people he 'brought with him' would be experienced in some capacity -- especially given that he's talking about the 30-39 bracket.
    c) There is no reason a twink or handful of twinks couldn't be shut down by a group of friendly players -- if they aren't playing together, that's a different story, but it's certainly the impression given by the topic title, and that's why he got the response you quoted.
    d) He didn't say "My friends and I are having trouble with twinks, they're all new to Rift, and I'm looking for advice to overcome this problem". His opening sentence was "This is absolutely stupid", and it was immediately followed by unfocused complaints.
    e) PvP is a competitive game type. Acting surprised and indignant that his qq post (edit: APPARENTLY) about a six-man group dying to twinks got a "lol" response is pretty silly in and of itself. White knights should stick to RP forums. P.S. He made this post and hasn't posted since. Hmm.
    f) l2p.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-16-2012 at 06:41 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast