+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about macro targeting

Default Question about macro targeting

focus <name3>
    focus <name2>
    focus <name1>
    tar @focus
    The above macro will target only if the <name> is alive, it won't target the dead or pets. Also, it is priority based so that the last found live target in the macro will be the active one. My question is if it is necessary or not to include the Shard in the <name> or not (I think it is), such as in:
    focus <name3@Seastone>
    focus <name2@Briarcliff>
    focus <name1>
    tar @focus
    where if the Shard is not specified then it means on your own Shard.

The macro is pretty good, but Mercenary can make it fail if it's intended only to target enemies and the normally enemy target is on your own team. Need "focusenemy".
    Last edited by Taptap; 06-13-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Now that the servers are up again and I was able to test, the macro
    focus <name3>
    focus <name2>
    focus <name1>
    tar @focus
    will result in reset of focus if name2 exists but name1 does not. So it's rather useless after all. Instead, this will work:
    tar <name2>
    tar <name1>
    If name2 exists it will be targeted but the macro does not stop so if name1 also exists then name1 will be the final target, otherwise nothing changes from the current target (if any). Or maybe the macro will stop if it finds <name2>. Oh well. Not positive but pretty sure the <name> must include the Shard name as in "tar xname@shard" if the <name> is not on the same shard as is your toon.
    Last edited by Taptap; 06-13-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Messy thread.

I just tested this using npc names as targets.
    tar name3
    tar name2
    tar name1
    The macro does not stop, it continues to name1 even if name2 and/or name3 are found first. So it does prioritize, highest priority being the last target in the list. It does not change the current target (if any) if none of the targets in the macro exist.
    Last edited by Taptap; 06-13-2012 at 09:58 AM.

If you're using "tar", a partial target name match should work, but focus might require a full name.

Since you don't want to clear your focus target, have you considered something like...

Code:
    tar @focus
    focus <name3>
    tar @focus
    focus <name2>
    tar @focus
    focus <name1>
    tar @focus
    focus @lasttarget
    I'm not able to log in to test it, but, logically, it seems this would do the following:

- targets your focus target
    - attempts to set your focus target to name3
    - attempts to set your focus target to name2
    - attempts to set your focus target to name1
    - sets your focus to your last target -- if you were able to set one of name1, name2, or name3 as your focus target (i.e. they existed), they should be your last target; if not, your last target should have been your previous focus target (I am assuming it's smart enough to not consider an 'empty' target as a target)
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-13-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

So, since you didn't reply, I figured I would test this out to see how it works, and it does work as I expected.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread