+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: It is time to have a serious look at balance and ranged dps.

Ascendant

Default It is time to have a serious look at balance and ranged dps.

Ranged dps is to high. Bottom line. The port scions this weekend were horrible and amounted to a bunch of rogues, clerics, and mages spamming ranged AOE. If the goal of 1.9 was to create a gross imbalance favoring ranged dps then this goal was achieved. Rogue Sabs are out of control. The ranged stun needs a serious adjustment.

Question: Why does it take a warrior 3x or 4x the heals of a ranged dps to get the exact same warfront results? Why does a warrior require a full time pocket healer to accomplish anything in pvp? PVP has become a ranged dps turkey shoot mowing down every other class in the game and it needs to end. Warriors need more survivability to stay in melee range and do damage. This should not be entirely based on whether the warrior qued with a healer or not. Warrior needs more burst damage because after getting attacked by upwards of 10 ranged dps standing within a 30 meter radius the melee class needs to do some decent damage.

In the end it is about balance. Until ranged dps is toned down considerably and warriors have a decent buff there will be no balance. PVP this weekend was horrible. It was a cluster with no thought or coordination. Also, the ranged stun from sabs needs a serious nerf. I don't mind stuns but it range and duration need a serious nerf.

It is time for balanced pvp. Not pvp that caters to a minority of the player base.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Ranged dps is to high. Bottom line. The port scions this weekend were horrible and amounted to a bunch of rogues, clerics, and mages spamming ranged AOE. If the goal of 1.9 was to create a gross imbalance favoring ranged dps then this goal was achieved. Rogue Sabs are out of control. The ranged stun needs a serious adjustment.

Question: Why does it take a warrior 3x or 4x the heals of a ranged dps to get the exact same warfront results? Why does a warrior require a full time pocket healer to accomplish anything in pvp? PVP has become a ranged dps turkey shoot mowing down every other class in the game and it needs to end. Warriors need more survivability to stay in melee range and do damage. This should not be entirely based on whether the warrior qued with a healer or not. Warrior needs more burst damage because after getting attacked by upwards of 10 ranged dps standing within a 30 meter radius the melee class needs to do some decent damage.

In the end it is about balance. Until ranged dps is toned down considerably and warriors have a decent buff there will be no balance. PVP this weekend was horrible. It was a cluster with no thought or coordination. Also, the ranged stun from sabs needs a serious nerf. I don't mind stuns but it range and duration need a serious nerf.

It is time for balanced pvp. Not pvp that caters to a minority of the player base.
    Since you obviously have no qualms about flooding the forum with a new thread each day for your QQing, can you at least separate your ideas into different threads?

One thread for increased Warrior Survivability
    One thread for increased Warrior DPS
    One thread about how Sabs need a nerf

I'm sure you've got more ideas in there, but lets start with that.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

wait a second... is this a warrior, whos class is by far the most OP of any class atm in RIFT, complaining about the other 3 classes?

And im sorry but if your getting owned by range dps clerics as a warrior then you need to rethink your specs, and make sure you have your valor gear on.

The only part in the entire wall of QQ ill agree on is Sabs. At this time they can single handed... change the way a war front goes. It reminds me of what a single Cabalist could do multiple patches back before the adjustments.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-11-2012 at 03:02 PM.

So warrior needs more defence to go along with their high damage.

Makes sense.

I too I'm surprised that sab lasted this long, cab lasted an entire 4 days.

Can this guy be banned already? Seriously.
    ~Quiescent

Mei

Is he a troll or a fool?
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    wait a second... is this a warrior, whos class is by far the most OP of any class atm in RIFT, complaining about the other 3 classes?

And im sorry but if your getting owned by range dps clerics as a warrior then you need to rethink your specs, and make sure you have your valor gear on.

The only part in the entire wall of QQ ill agree on is Sabs. At this time they can single handed... change the way a war front goes. It reminds me of what a single Cabalist could do multiple patches back before the adjustments.
    The fun part is trying to explain to a PS group why you marked a Sab as #1
    "How about you mark a cleric as 1 you dip ****"
    /facepalm

The mouths on kids these days too.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Can this guy be banned already? Seriously.
    Careful, I once asked someone to be banned and I got an infraction for that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    /facepalm

I know your pain, I outright just go ape**** on sabs when I see one. If I could I'd pick up a nearby ally use them as a human shield so that I can close the distance and then use the corpse of the dead ally to beat the sab to a bloody pulp. LOL

I'm not violent, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    /facepalm

The fun part is playing a sab and nuking groups that stack on each other when they don't need to be so close together. I don't know why people seem so prone to bunch up in warfronts.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Is he a troll or a fool?
    Pretty sure he's both.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimt View Post
    Pretty sure he's both.
    Ah, the all too common trollol

Sword of Telara

sab can be prevented in most cases if the person getting the charges thrown on him knew what to do during the situation...... instead most people either just stand there in the bunch or run into the bunch if they are not in it.... thus causing max dps for the rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    sab can be prevented in most cases if the person getting the charges thrown on him knew what to do during the situation...... instead most people either just stand there in the bunch or run into the bunch if they are not in it.... thus causing max dps for the rogue.
    Same with cabs but that excuse did not prevent a nerf.
    If sabs stay as is then asias nerf should be lifted. Same with sc nerf.
    Last edited by Eughe; 06-11-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Same with cabs but that excuse did not prevent a nerf.
    If sabs stay as is then asias nerf should be lifted. Same with sc nerf.
    Cabs could heal themselves with the damage they did. I won't say that the result was the correct move, but if a Sab healed off of damage we'd all be whistling a different tune.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast