+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Annomren
  • 1 Post By Arir

Thread: Port Scion quests should auto complete

Default Port Scion quests should auto complete

It used to be that any port scion quest you took could be done over multiple warfronts (not that it really needed that), so if you could not get to the turn in before wf end it wasnt a big issue, just drop by on the next wf to turn in. That is not possible anymore, and as far as I can tell, the exp and faction you would have gotten by turning in just goes up in smoke now. So, how about these quests just auto turn in when complete? That way you don't have half your team fixated on getting their quests turned in in the final moments of the wf.

That way you can also not do them the entire match and get the rewards for doing nothing, which isn't what they're intended for.

Though, it was good when you could carry uncompleted quests through to other Port Scion matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrasens0ry View Post
    That way you can also not do them the entire match and get the rewards for doing nothing, which isn't what they're intended for.

Though, it was good when you could carry uncompleted quests through to other Port Scion matches.
    Or you're carrying the last stone hat that wins the game and have completed quests but you're lock and can't turn them in. I would rather someone benefits from the small rewards than lose out on completed quests.

I do like the idea of carrying the quests over.
    Last edited by Nuuli; 06-11-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Add

No idea why they stopped carrying over. Seems like this thread wouldn't happen if they did.

edit: probably mercs. Since they actually made the quests 'different' to a slight degree.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Extrasens0ry View Post
    Not quite, auto complete, not necessarily auto initiate - you would still have to take the quest (and retake it after completion), just turning in is not required.
    Last edited by Annomren; 06-11-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Default Keep Completed Quests

I agree with the turning in of quests already completed at next wf. I believe if you accept a quest you should have to help complete the quest instead of someone else doing it and you get credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Annomren View Post
    Not quite, auto complete, not necessarily auto initiate - you would still have to take the quest (and retake it after completion), just turning in is not required.
    Ah, I see. I was seeing it as, you accept the quests and watch them auto-complete without doing anything.

I figure it's due to the merc system. You might be stuck with quests you can't complete otherwise.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

They need to just normalize the quests for the two factions, and return to the carry-over, regardless of which side you're put on. Otherwise, it's often an exercise in frustration - and, really, Trion, your playerbase is frustrated enough with PvP. Wouldn't this one be an easy fix?

Edit: Additional thought - Trion, you made a good step in the merc system, though it's sometimes annoying. But don't penalize the players by making the quests difficult to complete.
    Last edited by Huzzah; 06-12-2012 at 04:27 AM.
    Huzzah - Rogue -=- Rhowyn - Cleric
    Head Wench of <Shiny> Defiant, Wolfsbane
    (Formerly <Serenity> of Sunrest, may the shard rest in peace)

I kind of like the idea, but I think they should up the reward and the amount needed and make it doable only once per game. So much time is wasted on running back and forth to turn in over and over.
    I'm betting that I'm just abnormal enough to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wood E View Post
    I kind of like the idea, but I think they should up the reward and the amount needed and make it doable only once per game. So much time is wasted on running back and forth to turn in over and over.
    Why not make them 'automatic' like dungeon quests? Once per warfront, optionally communal, automated acquisition/turn-in upon completion.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I to like the carryover...not sure why they ended that. weird.

Also want to call out that Rift has lots of great things like one click to loot everything around you. I would really like that same capability, for accepting quests in places like port scion. For example, I talk to the NPC, click "accept all" and bam, I have all the PVP quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Why not make them 'automatic' like dungeon quests? Once per warfront, optionally communal, automated acquisition/turn-in upon completion.
    Not a bad idea. When you join it, just like a dungeon, it shows the planars and bosses. If you down them you get additional bonuses. It would (help) prevent people just controlling the bridge/church for fast turn ins. Also the auto completion, carry over, once per game ideas I like. There were a few PS I was in last night where we woulda/coulda/shoulda won but half our team was so busy collecting relics and whatnot to even care about the objectives. At one point I seen 5 people run past 3 people from the other team guarding the bridge, just to turn in the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    Not a bad idea. When you join it, just like a dungeon, it shows the planars and bosses. If you down them you get additional bonuses. It would (help) prevent people just controlling the bridge/church for fast turn ins. Also the auto completion, carry over, once per game ideas I like. There were a few PS I was in last night where we woulda/coulda/shoulda won but half our team was so busy collecting relics and whatnot to even care about the objectives. At one point I seen 5 people run past 3 people from the other team guarding the bridge, just to turn in the quest.
    Agreed and get rid of the mindless side quests like the gathering one. Give quest that are more in line with the wf objectives. Hold the bridge, runningnthenstones, Take Down the Boss, would give various amounts of notoriety and encourage proper game play. Penalties for afk or other non productive activities.

+ Reply to Thread